Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #391  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Lisa,
Are you having any luck at all since rebooting? I thought when my doctor had to up my thyroid meds a couple of weeks ago, I would start losing, but been staying the same. Grrrrrrr. Feeling Good though
My doc actually took me off p1 again. We're doing thyroid healing first. My functional medicine doctor thinks we can reset the thyroid since it seems to be P1 that skewed it. So right now I learn to live at this weight and sometime in the future we'll be working on losing another approx 25.

I can be frustrated with this or I can be overjoyed that I lost 90+ lbs and I can learn to keep that off.
I choose joy!

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-14-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #392  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Bellamack-Do you have Hoshimotos?
I started taking 200mcg of selenium with my synthroid every day. There are new studies to show it can reduce the amount of antibodies in your system. The adjustment could also be hindering losses for a bit. In my experience, synthroid has never helped my weight loss.
When I was put on synthroid about 7 years ago my dr told me I would start losing weight. Didn't really happen. I have been having great success with IP but I am wondering if I need a dose change. I'm cold a lot and tired too. I hoped the weight loss would reduce the need for the meds but I guess not. It scares me a bit to hear this diet could make my thyroid worse.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

CO 6 - I do NOT have hashi's, I am just hypothyroid. The thyroid meds have never helped me lose weight. The thyroid is very important to all of your hormones and your heart. No one I know has said that it has helped lose weight, but my doctor says that it helps not gain. lol.

Lisa, I have great admiration, you have lost a tremendous amount of weight with a hypo thyroid and you are doing amazing with maintaining. I just wanted to check in with you to see "how" you are doing

and I could not lose any weight at all, even on WW. IP is the only diet that I lose, albeit slow.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
When I was put on synthroid about 7 years ago my dr told me I would start losing weight. Didn't really happen. I have been having great success with IP but I am wondering if I need a dose change. I'm cold a lot and tired too. I hoped the weight loss would reduce the need for the meds but I guess not. It scares me a bit to hear this diet could make my thyroid worse.
You very well might need an adjustment. Very low carb can be hard on thyroid. I actually developed hypo after about 4 months OP.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My doc actually took me off p1 again. We're doing thyroid healing first. My functional medicine doctor thinks we can reset the thyroid since it seems to be P1 that skewed it. So right now I learn to live at this weight and sometime in the future we'll be working on losing another approx 25.

I can be frustrated with this or I can be overjoyed that I lost 90+ lbs and I can learn to keep that off.
I choose joy!
I love this about you. I don't post a whole lot, but I always enjoy reading your posts. I feel hope when I read more and more about your story. You really are inspirational for me. Thank you for being so generous with your time, encouragement and knowledge.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #396  

zephyr1973
How incredibly sweet of you!

I've learned I've spent a LOT of life in negativity over self-imposed issues. It has caused me tons of body image issues.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see that extra weight still in the mirror. But right now I could damage my thyroid worse by pushing P1. I'm choosing to heal first and then come back to address the excess weight. It is a good time to learn to maintain. This will be life. Maintenance is something for me to learn to do. Otherwise I'll live a life of crash dieting on & off and this is not how I want to live. I need to learn to live without excess food and without binge foods and without edibles items that lack nutrition (I choose to call them "non-food edibles").

Everyday I see complaining posts: slow weight loss, deprivation, yada yada. I've tried really hard to look at the bright side as I've made my changes. If we look for it, we can always find something to complain about. But if we look, we can always find a way to NOT complain and to find gratitude and joy. It has made all of the changing much easier to focus on the positive.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #397  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - I so admire your attitude. When I first found this forum you were one of the people I wanted to emulate and you were so encouraging and helpful (and gave me a kick in the booty when I needed it!). Your continued positive outlook is just awesome. I can't imagine going through all you have with all the frustrations trying to find answers without giving up and here you are more determined than ever.

So thank you and I hope you have great success in healing your thyroid and staying well - you deserve it!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Lisa - I so admire your attitude. When I first found this forum you were one of the people I wanted to emulate and you were so encouraging and helpful (and gave me a kick in the booty when I needed it!). Your continued positive outlook is just awesome. I can't imagine going through all you have with all the frustrations trying to find answers without giving up and here you are more determined than ever.

So thank you and I hope you have great success in healing your thyroid and staying well - you deserve it!
Lisa, All I can say is "ditto" and thanks for the support and the occasional setting me straight!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

NSV - My coach told me today that so far, I've lost a total of 36 inches when the losses from all of my measurements are added up.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Default Ah ... hmm.

I've started bruising easily. More easily, that should be. I thought it was just a side effect of starting karate, but now I think ... maybe I'm flirting with anemia again. I won't have my physical for another month and a bit (insurance says so). Supposing I'm right, will that slow down my losses? Should I just start taking iron again?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #401  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Fearciuil: If you're concerned maybe you can move your check up sooner?

I don't know that iron actually slows down losses, but it sure did cause the Big C for me which my dr said was normal.

Hope everyone has good plans for the weekend!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #402  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
I've started bruising easily. More easily, that should be. I thought it was just a side effect of starting karate, but now I think ... maybe I'm flirting with anemia again. I won't have my physical for another month and a bit (insurance says so). Supposing I'm right, will that slow down my losses? Should I just start taking iron again?
Understood that the physical isn't okay yet but since you have a health concern, will your insurance cover a visit?

Taking supplements without knowing for sure about a problem can throw off other nutrients. Perhaps just add more red meat?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #403  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Understood that the physical isn't okay yet but since you have a health concern, will your insurance cover a visit?

Taking supplements without knowing for sure about a problem can throw off other nutrients. Perhaps just add more red meat?
OOPS - Lisa reads better than I do early in the a.m. I missed the part about the insurance company not okaying the physical yet. Sorry about that.

So yeah, what Lisa said.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm excited - weighed myself tonight and I'm down a total of 32 pounds since Jan 24. 2 more to go to hit goal. I'm pretty much packed and the movers come in tomorrow - have next week off so I'm feeling pretty good
Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #405  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I'm excited - weighed myself tonight and I'm down a total of 32 pounds since Jan 24. 2 more to go to hit goal. I'm pretty much packed and the movers come in tomorrow - have next week off so I'm feeling pretty good
Hooray maureen! You are doing so fantastic!

I'd say have fun moving, but in my experience moving is never much fun but getting into the new place is! So hoping you have a stress-free, easy move.
Closed Thread