Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray maureen! You are doing so fantastic!

I'd say have fun moving, but in my experience moving is never much fun but getting into the new place is! So hoping you have a stress-free, easy move.
thanks Ruth Ann - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by Sunday evening everything will be in place
Old 05-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I'm excited - weighed myself tonight and I'm down a total of 32 pounds since Jan 24. 2 more to go to hit goal. I'm pretty much packed and the movers come in tomorrow - have next week off so I'm feeling pretty good
You have every right to be excited - that is a phenomenal accomplishment, particularly considering that you started at a relatively lower weight with less to lose.

Good luck in your new home - spend that week off getting everything where you want it!
Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

lisa and Ruth Ann, I called the medical clinic yesterday and got an appt scheduled for week after next to check my ferritin level. B-i-L is a pharmacist (and he's done IP), so I can bug him about possible interactions. Thanks!

I'm hoping I can sleep a lot this weekend ... I haven't been able to the last two and I know that affected my body's ability to burn fat effectively.

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-17-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #409  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I am having major back spasms since yesterday. Pain is very close to my kidney stone experiences! Totally hopped up on drugs. Not feeling much like eating let alone cooking. Every tv commercial tempts with the easy junk food take out. I ordered the family Chinese and ordered the diet plate. Steamed chicken and veggies (paid extra for just the veggies I like) no fat or salt, sauce on the side. Probably didn't eat enough veggies today but I am very proud of myself for not making any excuses to not stay 100%.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Started Phase 2 today. Got everything in, but I miss my packet. I am going to have to be really creative because "real protein" is not my fav. I believe in the power of positive thinking and this Phase is short. I will make it work.

I went away for my nephew's college graduation. We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast. Ate both breakfast and dinner out and they had cocktails twice and I remained OP. At the restaurant after the grad., the waitress made a snarky remark about my being very picky. I said, I have lost 85 pounds being very picky and it is important. After that- she could not have been more accommodating.

Chip- hope you feel better soon!

Maureen- 2 more pounds! How exciting!!!

Fearciuil- hope you get some rest.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #411  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

At the restaurant after the grad., the waitress made a snarky remark about my being very picky. I said, I have lost 85 pounds being very picky and it is important. After that- she could not have been more accommodating.
... I like your comment to her. As a person looking for a tip, I'm surprised she made any comments at all. I can't wait to use that line myself -- here's to 85 pounds! Way to go!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #412  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Fearciuil: Hope the doc gets to the bottom of the problem. Not sleeping is the worst - I know! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ChipnDip: Sorry to hear about your back - that is miserable. Take it easy and give the muscles a chance to heal. I found stretched out in bed to be the most comfortable position when my back does that.

Slipfree - I can't believe a waitress said that. As much as it costs to eat out they should make every effort to ensure you get exactly what you want and, really, the modifications we need at restaurants are not that onerous on the staff. But I hope you had a good time at the graduation anyway!

I found just cooking double portions of my dinner protein and using that for lunch the next day worked really well on P2. Canned tuna or chicken worked well or in a pinch just hard boiled eggs.

I was so tickled yesterday - went grocery shopping and wanted flat iron steak that was on sale. Well, even on sale I wouldn't have bought what they had out (I'm picky on my meats) BUT they had a "manager's special" on organic 93/7 hamburger - $1 a pound! I bought 12 pounds because that's all they had. It was getting close to the pull date but I was going to stick it in the freezer anyway. Score!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

RuthAnn - great deal! I know I get excited when I find the big huge 3 pound rolls of Jennie O ground turkey on sale. I buy rolls and rolls and freeze it, then make up a batch at a time, divide into baggies. My husband uses it a lot.

Slipfree - not sure how I would have handled the situation in the restaurant because that comment is out of line for anyone to make, much less for someone who depends on a tip! You did well on all counts.

Although I know that setting certain weight schedules can be tough, even for being 100% OP, but I have a family wedding in 8 weeks. Atlanta in July and I have not seen 3 of my 4 siblings (including 2 sisters...)for three years and 109 pounds ago.

I purchased a gorgeous sheath dress with a touch of Spandex, size 12. I need to really work hard, very conscientiously, for the next months to make the dress fit right. I can zip it up...barely...and there are still bumps and lumps. So I did make up a schedule to keep track for the next two months so that I do not let myself slip. Whether I lose the exact amount or just enough for the dress is not important, I just need to wear it beautifully.....an important milestone for me.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

The waitress' comment was awkward, especially since we were a large party. That is why, I resorted to throwing out the amount of weight lost. She was very helpful after. But all of you are right- she was out of line. If it had happened at the beginning of IP, I do not think I would have been as confident in my response. Now, I know my priorities and that I am in control of what goes into my body.

Schenectady, I will be cheering you on for the next 8 weeks! Your dresses are beautiful and after all of this hard work- you deserve your moment! Your siblings are going to be amazed.

Ruth Ann, congrats on your great hamburg deal. I am going to make a pork tenderloin tonight and have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I am just not a bulk eater in general. Most of my calories prior to IP came from liquids.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #415  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Default We Cannot Plan Enough

Today was a bit challenging but I am so proud of myself. For years my sister-in-law has thrown BBQs with burgers, brats and a big green salad to celebrate the beginning of spring. I was happy I only had to bring along my salt I knew I would have a burger and large salad with veggies. WELL...she surprised us with ribs and brats and had potato salad coleslaw ...a chocolate cake AND homemade carrot cake. My heart dropped when I realized there was nothing for me to have. I quietly mentioned that my cardiologist was having me follow a special diet and that vegetables were it along with lettuce. After asking permission I barged in her refrigerator and found lettuce and a lemon. She felt so sad I couldnt have her food. She even offered to send someone out to get me meat. That would have embarrassed me. Her house was packed with company and she looked worn out from the days preparation. I chopped up the lettuce, squeezed lemon on it and found olive oil to drizzle. My late evening packet was at home waiting for me. It was a long day and needless to say it made me a little shaky. As soon as we returned home I had my protein drink and here I am. Oh...and they had a bloody mary bar set up and champagne to toast the spring. Being in the midst of my third week I learned we cannot plan enough. So here I am all safe and sound snuggled on plan.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Jo - you were AMAZING! How easy it could have been to say, "oh well, beyond my control, nothing I can do about it... Eat what I want now and back on program tomorrow." But instead, you made sure your determination to stay OP was YOUR priority! CONGRATS!

Also shows us all that a couple strategically placed packets in the purse, car, hubby's car, etc. could save the day when we least expect to need them!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #417  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Ruth Ann, congrats on your great hamburg deal. I am going to make a pork tenderloin tonight and have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I am just not a bulk eater in general. Most of my calories prior to IP came from liquids.
Dh made a pork roast last night - it was so good and I'm having it with my lunch today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Today was a bit challenging... Being in the midst of my third week I learned we cannot plan enough. So here I am all safe and sound snuggled on plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Jo - you were AMAZING! How easy it could have been to say, "oh well, beyond my control, nothing I can do about it... Eat what I want now and back on program tomorrow." But instead, you made sure your determination to stay OP was YOUR priority! CONGRATS!

Also shows us all that a couple strategically placed packets in the purse, car, hubby's car, etc. could save the day when we least expect to need them!
Good job staying OP jo4applerose! Sometimes life throws really unexpected stuff at us, doesn't it?

I'm with you and Jlus - Plan A, Plan B and worst case scenario plan. I still have packets stashed everywhere and plan to leave them just where they are in case of emergency (like dh stopping at a restaurant that has absolutely nothing I care to eat - grrr..... But he doesn't get near it often and I guess I can humor him once in awhile since he's been so good supporting me the last year!).
Old 05-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning, busy weekend with my daughter visiting for a short time. We had fun, but not too much fun food wise. Having her home was more important than food.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #419  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Glad you had a good visit with your daughter drd and WOW on the new pic - you look wonderful!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #420  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Happy to see everyone doing what they need to to stay OP. Well done, everyone!

As for me, I am struggling more today than I have this entire time on IP. I am absolutely, irrationally starving. All I can trace it to is, possibly, Truvia. I was out of Splenda this morning and needed some Smooth Move, so I dug the old Truvia out of the back of the cupboard. Then I, of course, had to have my coffee, so more Truvia. Now, BAM, ravenous all morning. I wonder if that is the culprit. Water and more water -- and ate my snack already. I'll do what I have to to pull myself out of this. And I leave home and will be unable to eat or do anything crazy from 2:30 until late this evening, so that will help. Anyway, just had to come here and clear my head. Now, onward.
Closed Thread