Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Glad you had a good visit with your daughter drd and WOW on the new pic - you look wonderful!
Thanks! Hope maintenance is continuing to work well!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #422  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hang in there sylviesgirl (yes, I know it's now tomorrow). I've had days like that - could eat just about anything. But you know what? The feeling goes away eventually. Good that you identified the culprit!

drb - Maintenance is going well - I lost a couple more pounds to begin with and then have been sticking like glue to 135. Takes a bit to figure out the separation of carbs and fats but I figure as I go along it will be come routine and easier.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #423  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Glad to hear you are still chugging along so well, Ruth Ann. I finally got through my day -- and made time to pick up more Splenda. Not sure whether that was really it, but I'm not taking any chances. Having that out-of-control feeling scared me a bit . . .

It's funny. I decided to have my evening snack mid-morning yesterday. Well, by mid-afternoon, mentally, I felt as if I had completely blown the program. My mind was climbing all over me about going off program for the first time ever, etc. When I sat down and tracked my food on MFP, though, it all fit in. It was definitely out of the order of my routine, but I didn't eat anything extra or not allowed. The way I was thinking, you'd have thought I'd eaten an entire chocolate cake or something.

Hoping today will be better. Getting nervous about tomorrow's weigh in -- first one since on P2.

Have a good day, all!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #424  

The things our minds can do to us...

Weight loss is really more of a mental challenge than physical
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
drb - Maintenance is going well - I lost a couple more pounds to begin with and then have been sticking like glue to 135. Takes a bit to figure out the separation of carbs and fats but I figure as I go along it will be come routine and easier.
Good going, Ruth Ann! It definitely does get easier, my best idea is to decide after breakfast if I want my 'fat meal' at lunch or at dinner and then plan accordingly - using cheese, avocado, & nuts, and higher fat meats/fish, at that meal. My big problem is remembering which nuts have the lowest carb/fat ratio - I have several kinds in the house. Cashews, almonds, filberts/hazelnuts, pine nuts, raw pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and macadamia nuts, lol.

My carb meal is easy, put whatever on top of brown rice, quinoa, or noodles, or eat beans, peas, carrots at that meal. Or have some 0% flavoured Greek yogourt or a bit of sorbet for dessert.

Liana
Old 05-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #426  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Great day today! WI in today and after a zero loss last week (even though 100% OP), I managed a 4lb loss this week. Whoop whoop!! Which brings me to within 2 lbs of my goal weight. Really goes to show how weight loss does not occur uniformly and even if we don't lose in one week, doesn't mean that a whoosh isn't on its way!!

So I had a long discussion with my coach about where I'm at and how I feel. Although I feel great and I think I look pretty good too (lol), we both think I could go a little lower and it will leave me with some room for putting on the 3-5 lbs that is expected to happen when entering maintenance. So, my phase off date to move into Phase 2 has been set for end of June, which puts me at six full months on IP (with no slip ups). I should be proud of that.

I hope everyone is doing well. Liana and RuthAnn - I'm stalking you guys down on the Maintenance thread and will be joining you soon.

Other big news (because it doesn't always have to be all about IP!), my new niece arrived today. Super cute and her name is Francesca. Such a gorgeous name. Can't wait to meet her - not sure when that will be as my brother lives over the other side of the world but photos will suffice for now!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #427  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Glad to hear you are still chugging along so well, Ruth Ann. I finally got through my day -- and made time to pick up more Splenda. Not sure whether that was really it, but I'm not taking any chances. Having that out-of-control feeling scared me a bit . . .

It's funny. I decided to have my evening snack mid-morning yesterday. Well, by mid-afternoon, mentally, I felt as if I had completely blown the program. My mind was climbing all over me about going off program for the first time ever, etc. When I sat down and tracked my food on MFP, though, it all fit in. It was definitely out of the order of my routine, but I didn't eat anything extra or not allowed. The way I was thinking, you'd have thought I'd eaten an entire chocolate cake or something.

Hoping today will be better. Getting nervous about tomorrow's weigh in -- first one since on P2.

Have a good day, all!
Thanks SylviesGirl! And I know what you mean about eating things out of order and making such a big deal about it in your head. I once had the extreme hungries and ate all three packs before noon - was very upset with myself, like you said, would have thought I'd eaten an entire cake the way I was carrying on.

Good luck on the weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The things our minds can do to us...

Weight loss is really more of a mental challenge than physical
So true! Changing our attitude is key - I feel so much better eating this way that when that mean little voice starts up I start mentally listing all the pluses to having gotten the weight off and continuing to eat correctly. It's a good exercise and maybe someday the mean little voice will get the hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Good going, Ruth Ann! It definitely does get easier, my best idea is to decide after breakfast if I want my 'fat meal' at lunch or at dinner and then plan accordingly - using cheese, avocado, & nuts, and higher fat meats/fish, at that meal. My big problem is remembering which nuts have the lowest carb/fat ratio - I have several kinds in the house. Cashews, almonds, filberts/hazelnuts, pine nuts, raw pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and macadamia nuts, lol.

My carb meal is easy, put whatever on top of brown rice, quinoa, or noodles, or eat beans, peas, carrots at that meal. Or have some 0% flavoured Greek yogourt or a bit of sorbet for dessert.

Liana
I plan out the night before (and sometimes the week before) so I know what to tell dh to put in my lunch, pull out for dinner etc. Got to be somewhat organized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Great day today! WI in today and after a zero loss last week (even though 100% OP), I managed a 4lb loss this week. Whoop whoop!! Which brings me to within 2 lbs of my goal weight. Really goes to show how weight loss does not occur uniformly and even if we don't lose in one week, doesn't mean that a whoosh isn't on its way!!

So I had a long discussion with my coach about where I'm at and how I feel. Although I feel great and I think I look pretty good too (lol), we both think I could go a little lower and it will leave me with some room for putting on the 3-5 lbs that is expected to happen when entering maintenance. So, my phase off date to move into Phase 2 has been set for end of June, which puts me at six full months on IP (with no slip ups). I should be proud of that.

I hope everyone is doing well. Liana and RuthAnn - I'm stalking you guys down on the Maintenance thread and will be joining you soon.

Other big news (because it doesn't always have to be all about IP!), my new niece arrived today. Super cute and her name is Francesca. Such a gorgeous name. Can't wait to meet her - not sure when that will be as my brother lives over the other side of the world but photos will suffice for now!!
Congrats on the new niece Rosie! And hooray for getting close to goal! You've done so great, you should be super proud of yourself!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

It's SO helpful to read your posts and know that I am not alone in this!! I don't know why but I felt like I did something wrong yesterday, like I deviated from the plan or something and I think it's because I ate part of my veggies in my omelette (ip). I had pork loin for dinner and was unsure how many ounces I was eating, if anything I probably didn't eat enough. I have to purchase a kitchen scale ASAP! Then last night I had a terrible dream, I dreamed that I ate a frosted cookie!!!! I was so upset then I woke up and was so relieved that it was only a dream!! Does anyone else dream about food? My dreams have been very weird and detailed since starting ip. I also have to stop weighing myself, I have become obsessed with the scale and that's just not healthy. I think once a week is best. I am going to have to hide my scale!!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #429  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
It's SO helpful to read your posts and know that I am not alone in this!! I don't know why but I felt like I did something wrong yesterday, like I deviated from the plan or something and I think it's because I ate part of my veggies in my omelette (ip). I had pork loin for dinner and was unsure how many ounces I was eating, if anything I probably didn't eat enough. I have to purchase a kitchen scale ASAP! Then last night I had a terrible dream, I dreamed that I ate a frosted cookie!!!! I was so upset then I woke up and was so relieved that it was only a dream!! Does anyone else dream about food? My dreams have been very weird and detailed since starting ip. I also have to stop weighing myself, I have become obsessed with the scale and that's just not healthy. I think once a week is best. I am going to have to hide my scale!!
I'm laughing here because I had a naughty dream last night too! Mine was about bread. Haha. I woke up this morning and felt so guilty, till I realized that, um, I did NOT actually eat any bread! Anyway, you made me laugh.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #430  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Oh gosh, yes! I have lots of food dreams and they seem to come when my body is going through a hungry phase. My dreams usually involve mindlessly shoving a cookie in my mouth and not realizing until it is too late that it is off-program and then the waves of guilt and regret . . . until I wake up and realize it was just a dream. Crazy.

Yes, get yourself a scale. Exact amounts are important and so is your peace of mind. I got mine at WalMart for $20 (nice digital scale that you can zero out) and more than a year later, it was one of the best and most important purchases I made to help me with this program.

Rosie -- Welcome to Francesca!! Yes, very pretty name! Thank God for internet and digital photos these days.

ETA: Weigh in today was flat. I'm good with that as it was week #1 of P2 and TOM began today. Next week should be better. I'm just glad the hungries are gone. I'm betting TOM had something to do with that, too.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 05-21-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #431  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post

Great job Rosie. I am in awe!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #432  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Wink Weigh In

Today's WI went pretty well. 1.2 down been on the plan 20 days and 10.8 pounds gone. I'll take it!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #433  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Today's WI went pretty well. 1.2 down been on the plan 20 days and 10.8 pounds gone. I'll take it!
Yay! Congrats!!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #434  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Day one for me....the days are easy, it's the nights that are tough as I'm a night time snacker. Lying in bed wishing I had a big box of Cheeze It's! I've emptied the house of anything not in program, no risk of cheating at the moment :-)
Old 05-22-2014, 05:00 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
I'm laughing here because I had a naughty dream last night too! Mine was about bread. Haha. I woke up this morning and felt so guilty, till I realized that, um, I did NOT actually eat any bread! Anyway, you made me laugh.
I have those dreams too then I wake up mad at myself because I thought I cheated and I have to remind myself no I didn't....but for a minute I am really mad!
Closed Thread