Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:03 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

ETA: Weigh in today was flat. I'm good with that as it was week #1 of P2 and TOM began today. Next week should be better. I'm just glad the hungries are gone. I'm betting TOM had something to do with that, too.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say congrats on making your goal!! Woot! Woot!!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I love this Hiker. I went through the same situation. In Sept '13 I had a work conference in Chicago with my new job. I went to Banana Republic to find some business casual clothing since all the clothes in my closet were too tight. I was almost in tears trying on a size 14 petite dress pants that were too snug but I had to buy them because they didn't have any 16's. I knew at this point something had to be done but it still took me over a month to start IP. 6 months later we had another conference in Las Vegas and what a difference that was! This time I had nothing to wear because everything in my closet was TOO BIG. I had an awesome time shopping in LV for new clothes. I also loved seeing extra room around my hips in the plane seat.

Have a great visit with your friend!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #438  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Today's WI went pretty well. 1.2 down been on the plan 20 days and 10.8 pounds gone. I'll take it!
Hooray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Day one for me....the days are easy, it's the nights that are tough as I'm a night time snacker. Lying in bed wishing I had a big box of Cheeze It's! I've emptied the house of anything not in program, no risk of cheating at the moment :-)
Cleaning out the house was a good idea. Try nice hot decaf tea - there are so many great flavors out there that I can usually find something that hits the spot. Congrats on getting started!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #439  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Cleaning out the house was a good idea. Try nice hot decaf tea - there are so many great flavors out there that I can usually find something that hits the spot. Congrats on getting started!
I have tons of tea, I didn't think of that last night. That's a great idea and I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future.

Day two sugar withdrawal headache, can't wait for day four to get here!

Last edited by Julzfatnomore; 05-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #440  

Wow is all I have to say.
Some of you will know what I'm referring to.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #441  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wow is all I have to say.
Some of you will know what I'm referring to.
Ditto.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #442  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
.... For years my sister-in-law has thrown BBQs with burgers, brats and a big green salad ....
I read this and thought "what a funny way to describe a BBQ where you invite families with kids..." Of course a sentence or two later I realized the "brats" were only at MY house, not at this BBQ.... I will probably forever say I'm having a BBQ with Burgs and Brats -- and not one sausage will be served!

The message was a good one though. I'm in "soccer" and "baseball" season and have lots of long days after work. I need to pack more snacks for later as it's a challenge to find healthy drive through snacks if you don't want to order a salad.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #443  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Love the "brats" comment!

Good idea IP43 on packing extra food - cut up veggies, cup up chicken, hard boiled eggs, packets (of course) all work to keep you going. I used to keep a soft-sided cooler in my car for those very long days just so I wouldn't be tempted.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #444  

I am so glad the positivity remains in this thread.

We have learned that reduced drama helps us control ourselves and our eating. We have also learned that working together and supporting each other is what works over the long-run. And anyone new comes in with a new positive energy and is welcomed!

Nobody here is perfect, however it is a safe place where cheats are not discussed. There

I appreaciate all of you!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #445  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

We have learned that reduced drama helps us control ourselves and our eating. We have also learned that working together and supporting each other is what works over the long-run. And anyone new comes in with a new positive energy and is welcomed!

Nobody here is perfect, however it is a safe place where cheats are not discussed. There

I'm thinking I missed something... But whatever it was that I missed, I'm guessing it was negative or sabotaging, so I'm not sorry to have missed it! I absolutely love this thread, because it IS so full of happy support! I know that when I log on, I'll find a group of people who know exactly what I'm going through and who all want to help each other. There's an atmosphere of so much hope!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #446  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

And we appreciate you! I love the support here and all the positive energy. Gotten through me many a "pity party" and frustration totally intact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
I'm thinking I missed something... But whatever it was that I missed, I'm guessing it was negative or sabotaging, so I'm not sorry to have missed it! I absolutely love this thread, because it IS so full of happy support! I know that when I log on, I'll find a group of people who know exactly what I'm going through and who all want to help each other. There's an atmosphere of so much hope!
I love it all! Especially the bolded part!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I woke up this morning to a nice bracing and cleansing rain - sort of restarted my sluggish motivation. I need a kick in the you know what to get back my determination.

Funny, it is NOT that I want to go off being 100%. It is just a lack of personal excitement and focus. Just blah with IP right now. Guess I need to find myself a fun recipe, take the time and planning to make myself something exciting and new.

Thanks to everyone here who keeps me company every day through this struggle. I know I will finish because when I do look at myself in the mirror (I mean the REAL complete way we love to avoid), I see a whole different person, albeit a wrinkly one! I KNOW how much I have done an I guess I am just in a real hurry to want to do the rest of it, NOW!

Oops, there is that little issue of patience sneaking in again...smack my hands!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I woke up this morning to a nice bracing and cleansing rain - sort of restarted my sluggish motivation. I need a kick in the you know what to get back my determination.

Funny, it is NOT that I want to go off being 100%. It is just a lack of personal excitement and focus. Just blah with IP right now. Guess I need to find myself a fun recipe, take the time and planning to make myself something exciting and new.

Thanks to everyone here who keeps me company every day through this struggle. I know I will finish because when I do look at myself in the mirror (I mean the REAL complete way we love to avoid), I see a whole different person, albeit a wrinkly one! I KNOW how much I have done an I guess I am just in a real hurry to want to do the rest of it, NOW!

Oops, there is that little issue of patience sneaking in again...smack my hands!
Our struggles are different, but the same, you and I.

I can't be strictly P1 due to health reasons and I find that incredibly frustrating. I wanted nothing more than to get to goal. A P1 alternative is going to be something we're trying (alt plan). But with that comes lack of Ketosis and more hunger.

IP P1 is so easy when it is stuck to like glue. But, for me, opening up the proverbial can of worms it seems like there is always one that didn't go back in the can when it's time to shut them in. It'll be easier being on a stricter plan again (p1 alt is stricter than what I've been attempting, but not as strict as I like).

When I first started IP, I picked a date in advance to start. I worked on my mindset so I'd be ready. When there are struggles, they are usually struggles with mindset. Taking a step back and regrouping (mindset wise) is probably an important step. Even the Beck Diet book has 2 weeks of exercises before the diet is actually begun. This is how important mindset is!

Sometimes I think people jump on this plan (or back on) without the proper mindset. Getting our heads "straight" is essential for success.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

NSV: I'm down another size, top and bottom. I just pulled all of my too-big dress shirts and dropped them on the floor of my closet--there are a lot of them!--so I can wash them before taking them to Goodwill. My khakis will be going, too. I'm already needing a new work wardrobe, and I'm nowhere near goal. Good thing the school year is over! I have no idea what size I'll be in August.

Also, related NSV: My Carnegie Hall shirt fits again!!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
NSV: I'm down another size, top and bottom. I just pulled all of my too-big dress shirts and dropped them on the floor of my closet--there are a lot of them!--so I can wash them before taking them to Goodwill. My khakis will be going, too. I'm already needing a new work wardrobe, and I'm nowhere near goal. Good thing the school year is over! I have no idea what size I'll be in August.

Also, related NSV: My Carnegie Hall shirt fits again!!!!!
congrats!!! I'm excited for you!!!!
Closed Thread