Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yeah Maureen - you've done so great!

I love the new pic.
thank you Ruth Ann - I can't tell you how good I feel - well, I won't tell you because I know you already know! lol
Old 05-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #362  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
You look terrific Maureen. Congratulations! Love the new photo.
thank you Jo
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI this morning showed me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #364  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Welp. I woke up with one nasty cold today. Bad enough that if I hadn't needed to finish testing 4th and 5th graders (9.5 days left in the year; 6.5 days left of my classes), I would have called in sick. What's making it worse is that I don't know what I can take, so I haven't taken anything. I felt like I was going to fall over all day.

BUT BUT BUT...

Even with that, my "unofficial" morning WI this morning showed me down 50.8lbs since I started IP! I've been waiting for well over a week to pass the 50lb mark! I'm gonna have to track down a 50lb object this weekend to remind myself why I'm doing this and how far I've come.

AND AND....

I put on a size XL t-shirt last night for kosho ryu kempo, and it was noticably TOO BIG!
Congratulations....terrific milestone. You must feel so liberated to reach such great success. I hope your cold zips by quickly.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #365  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

BUT BUT BUT...

AND AND....

Yipee for 50 pound gone forever!

On your cold (yuck) - check with your pharmacist for cold remedies made for diabetics. You can usually find something that will work. Feel better soon!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #366  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
down 1.4 lbs this week less than 5 to my goal!!!
my current weight won't change on my signature!!
Love the new hair'do in your new photo. Very jaunty and cute! Less than 5 to goal . . . yay!!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #367  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:

BUT BUT BUT...

AND AND....

YIPPEEEEE!!! Congrats on your 50# milestone!! And a too-big XL!

As for cold medicines, most of them, I was surprised to learn, come in pill form and those are without the sweeteners to make them palatable. Even NyQuil. I stocked up on those early on, just for the peace of mind.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #368  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I found cough drops sweetened with sucrolose - still have to be careful with them but when needed they are a lifesaver!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Love the new hair'do in your new photo. Very jaunty and cute! Less than 5 to goal . . . yay!!
it's really not a new hairdo it's my own hair - the other picture was a wig!!! I've picked up 4 wigs and I love them - my own hair's so pathetic - thin and straight as a pin - but thank you
Old 05-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #370  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Great job Ruth Ann so glad you are feeling comfortable on your new maintenance protocol. WTG on getting the serving sizes correct! We really appreciate your sharing your success—very helpful to us newbies.
Thank jo4applerose!

This is such a great community - I was so nervous starting and the people here were so understanding and generous with their knowledge. Made my journey so much easier. Even when I was throwing myself a pity party or getting discouraged they pumped me up (and gave me a little boot in the rear when needed). So I figure sharing now is a way to pay back all the great stuff I got - we're all in this together and heading towards the same goal!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

AND AND....

Fearciuil - congratulations - I remember the excitement of passing -50 pounds....what a great thing for you to have accomplished. Go treat yourself to something really really special as you deserve it. Onward and downwards....

Last edited by schenectady; 05-11-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #372  

This thread was created as a place to not mention cheats ESPECIALLY specifics of consumption

It does not mean you wouldn't be supported elsewhere...
Daily chat is a good place to discuss difficulties that arise
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #373  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

deleted it sorry.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #374  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day! I was feeling pretty blue yesterday, both my mother and my MIL who I loved are gone now and I was missing them. Turned into a very nice day though - had dinner with sis and a bunch of nieces and nephews who had recent birthdays. My niece decided it should also be "Special Auntie Day" and gave me a lovely bracelet - she's a sweet kid.

I found all the strategies I worked out in P1 still work in maintenance. I went out and played basketball with the kids, set the table, etc., etc. and stayed away from the appetizer area (except for the veggies, I ate a bunch of those!). I offered to bring the veggie tray (I'm becoming known for it!). I love that my brain feels like it has been retrained, I like making good choices and focusing on the company instead of the food!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #375  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
it's really not a new hairdo it's my own hair - the other picture was a wig!!! I've picked up 4 wigs and I love them - my own hair's so pathetic - thin and straight as a pin - but thank you
Well, you could have fooled me. I think your (real) hair looks great!
Closed Thread