Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #376  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning!

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day! I was feeling pretty blue yesterday, both my mother and my MIL who I loved are gone now and I was missing them. Turned into a very nice day though - had dinner with sis and a bunch of nieces and nephews who had recent birthdays. My niece decided it should also be "Special Auntie Day" and gave me a lovely bracelet - she's a sweet kid.

I found all the strategies I worked out in P1 still work in maintenance. I went out and played basketball with the kids, set the table, etc., etc. and stayed away from the appetizer area (except for the veggies, I ate a bunch of those!). I offered to bring the veggie tray (I'm becoming known for it!). I love that my brain feels like it has been retrained, I like making good choices and focusing on the company instead of the food!

Aw, Ruth Ann, I'm glad your day turned out so nice yesterday. "Special Auntie Day" sounds like a great idea. Mothers day is emotionally challenging for me, too, for several reasons. I had a nice day, too, though, with my husband and son. They kept asking me what I REALLY wanted them to make me for supper -- they just couldn't believe I would really be happy with grilled (bunless) burgers and fresh tomatoes. Just call me "low maintenance!"

I'm so glad to tune in here and still see you hopping along on maintenance, doing so well! I thought of you this morning while making coffee, wondering how it was going . . . good to see.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #377  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks Sylviesgirl! And being "low maintenance" is a good thing! I'm finding that the simple foods really appeal to me much more than a lot of other things. Hooray!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Thanks Sylviesgirl! And being "low maintenance" is a good thing! I'm finding that the simple foods really appeal to me much more than a lot of other things. Hooray!
Good for you!

Wishing everyone good days ahead. I'll be off to Chicago in the next 48 hrs...Ballet recitals...
(3 days worth. After 3 days of rehersals and final dress /stage rehersal!!).. a 12th birthday celebration....etc! Lots to keep busy with. No time to eat bad stuff...(I pledge!)

Happy weigh-ins and best to all ... Probably be too busy to check in, but good vibes commin' attcha all!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Really proud of myself and being 100% OP yesterday despite many challenges. We did Mother's Day Brunch and I stuck to my Shrimp Louie salad, oil and vinegar on the side, NO BREAD, no dessert, no nothing except lots of water.

That water came back to haunt me on a 10 hour trek to take my son to college...the more remote areas through which we drive are not peppered with rest stops or bathrooms and I was sorry for all that water.

Got to his college where I was going to spend the night before leaving very early the next morning. They messes up his room, gave it to someone else. He bunked with a friend and I turned around for the 5 hour return trip leaving at 8PM...dangerous, yes.

Each time I stopped to gas or clean off my bug smashed windshield, I was soooo tempted by all the junk one finds at gas stations. I resisted completely but I kept thinking "I deserve this, I am being a real saint doing this trip, yadda, yadda". Did not break but it was close.

Looking forward to 100% OP today - I slid a bit while my son was here and my brother's family visited...have not conquered that part of temptation yet. Still a lot to learn but have not gained, not lost.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #380  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks 65 and enjoy your trip - sounds like fun!

schenectady - Yeah for you! And back on the horse you go! You know you can do this!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #381  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I hosted Mother's Day dinner for my parents. My mom wanted to order in Chinese but it wouldn't work for me. I felt bad for about a minute

For appetizers I gave them a veggie tray since my dad is supposed to eat better after a heart attack. I even made them kale chips to try and they liked them!

Bunless burger for me (I see a trend). They had make your own sundaes and I had the proti diet chocolate cake. Wasn't great but I didn't feel deprived and I appear to be down 3 pounds for last Monday. A great reward!

I considered phasing off for summer but I just feel too good. Hoping to hit goal by my birthday in the Fall.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

chipndip: Great job! Just for future reference I've ordered Chinese before. Nothing exciting, but steamed white meat chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, bean sprouts and zucchini with nothing on it then I add my own soy sauce.

Yes, I can make that myself but occasionally it's nice not to have to clean up any pots and pans!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #383  
Started IP 04/22/2013

chipndip - isn't it fun introducing new foods to people? It sounds like you did great for Mothers Day!

You know jlus I didn't even attempt take out Chinese during P1 but that would have worked. I made it a bunch because it was easy when dh didn't feel like cooking but then I had him to do the dishes!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #384  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
chipndip: Great job! Just for future reference I've ordered Chinese before. Nothing exciting, but steamed white meat chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, bean sprouts and zucchini with nothing on it then I add my own soy sauce.

Yes, I can make that myself but occasionally it's nice not to have to clean up any pots and pans!
I only wish I liked those veggies! I'm such a picky eater. I have done Swiss chalet (that might just be Canadian?) and Greek food for take out too.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #385  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

I love the dedication of the people that participate on this 100% thread. Keeps me motivated to stay on task. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by walkernjh; 05-14-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #386  

This is the thread that kept me OP for 10 months straight, despite injuries and illness along the way!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #387  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
I love the dedication of the people that participate on this 100% thread. Keeps me motivated to stay on task. Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is the thread that kept me OP for 10 months straight, despite injuries and illness along the way!
Me too to all of it! This thread kept me motivated and inspired the whole time!

You'll do great walkernjh!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi Lisa,
Are you having any luck at all since rebooting? I thought when my doctor had to up my thyroid meds a couple of weeks ago, I would start losing, but been staying the same. Grrrrrrr. Feeling Good though
Old 05-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Dedicate my pounds....

Quote:
Me too to all of it! This thread kept me motivated and inspired the whole time!

You'll do great walkernjh!
I think that I will have to dedicate every five pounds or so that I lose after the first 100 to people on here, for it is this board that has kept me going, too. I have had setbacks, not always been able to stay 100%, lost my motivation but there is always someone here who either gives me a kick in the you-know-what or a listening ear or shoulder upon which to cry.

So thank you to the many, many people who provide the understanding and patience that sometimes the outside world cannot manage. You put a smile on my face each morning as I get dressed, look in the full wall of mirrors (not mine, came with the rental), and realize that the best part of my life is just starting!

Last edited by schenectady; 05-14-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Bellamack-Do you have Hoshimotos?
I started taking 200mcg of selenium with my synthroid every day. There are new studies to show it can reduce the amount of antibodies in your system. The adjustment could also be hindering losses for a bit. In my experience, synthroid has never helped my weight loss.
Closed Thread