Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Well, this was the message I was looking for.

...This isn't something I'm going to do for a few months. No. I'm tired of being morbidly obese. Some of the things I cannot do right now are beyond embarrassing and make me ashamed. That little voice in my head makes it tough to battle at times. I've been doing really well, I think. Even then, today I had the thought of "wow, I can really feel it in my body already" and then that quiet voice said "you're still over 300 pounds, what does it matter if you can feel it?" And I just got angry at myself.

Um, anyway. I hope to be a part of the 100% group. I need strong people who won't just take my "oops, slipped up today" or people who will not tell me it's okay, just build in a cheat day. So... hi, 100%!
:-( I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but I can relate. Keep up the good work!!!

You know what keeps me from slipping up or cheating, besides the fact that I have made my mind up that I AM going to do this (it really is a mind thing), but I also don't want to waste my time and $. Cheating sets you back 3 or so days, you run the risk of not being able to get back OP, and you have to go through the pain of getting into ketosis again. It's just not wort it. IMO

You got this! We got this!!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #467  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
We're back from our weekend getaway to a cottage at the shore. It was SO nice!

I donned a bathing suit and would not allow myself one moment's self-consciousness. Bless these wrinkly thighs -- at least they're trim! We had so much fun. And I'm proud to report that I stayed 100% OP. I even dragged my husband and son into my way of eating for 2 dinners with a steampot dinner of seafood; I threw some corn on the cob in there for them. We were happy as clams and I was totally OP. Yay!

Came back with a head-cold, though. This is the first time I've been sick since being on IP. Haven't taken anything for it as my weigh in is tomorrow and I'd like to see how it looks after this weekend.

Good to see all my OP pals just clipping along.
Welcome back and woo hoo on the bathing suit! I haven't even had the nerve to try one on yet. Soon though because I'd really like to go swimming again - I love to swim!

Quote:
Well, this was the message I was looking for.

I've mentioned before that I did IP in 2012 and while I did lose quite a bit of weight, I'm seeing more and more how wrongly I did it. I counted lettuce as part of my 4 cups daily allotment and sometimes only had lettuce. I had built in cheat days every 3 weeks. I didn't look into it for MYSELF. When I say for myself, I mean that I didn't research it like I should have and just took things said for granted. That is not a slight towards anyone on here; not at all. I'm the kind of person who wants to fully understand the how's and why's and I'm making sure I'm doing that now.

This isn't something I'm going to do for a few months. No. I'm tired of being morbidly obese. Some of the things I cannot do right now are beyond embarrassing and make me ashamed. That little voice in my head makes it tough to battle at times. I've been doing really well, I think. Even then, today I had the thought of "wow, I can really feel it in my body already" and then that quiet voice said "you're still over 300 pounds, what does it matter if you can feel it?" And I just got angry at myself.

Um, anyway. I hope to be a part of the 100% group. I need strong people who won't just take my "oops, slipped up today" or people who will not tell me it's okay, just build in a cheat day. So... hi, 100%!
Hi readytolive and congrats on coming back! Sounds like you have the right mindset and determination to make this work! As for that little doubty voice - just drown the little with more water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
:-( I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but I can relate. Keep up the good work!!!

You know what keeps me from slipping up or cheating, besides the fact that I have made my mind up that I AM going to do this (it really is a mind thing), but I also don't want to waste my time and $. Cheating sets you back 3 or so days, you run the risk of not being able to get back OP, and you have to go through the pain of getting into ketosis again. It's just not wort it. IMO

You got this! We got this!!
Exactly. I stayed 100% because I didn't want to waste time or money and because I am worth the commitment it took to get healthy. You'll do great!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

That is good to know Lisa. Ill have to watch my numbers to make sure I am getting enough hormone. Yes I have been gluten free for dome time and have been detoxing but nothing has moved the weight until IP. I am sorry you are having these issues as well it can be more than frustrating.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #469  

Quote:
I've mentioned before that I did IP in 2012 and while I did lose quite a bit of weight, I'm seeing more and more how wrongly I did it. I counted lettuce as part of my 4 cups daily allotment and sometimes only had lettuce. I had built in cheat days every 3 weeks. I didn't look into it for MYSELF. When I say for myself, I mean that I didn't research it like I should have and just took things said for granted. That is not a slight towards anyone on here; not at all. I'm the kind of person who wants to fully understand the how's and why's and I'm making sure I'm doing that now.

This isn't something I'm going to do for a few months. No. I'm tired of being morbidly obese. Some of the things I cannot do right now are beyond embarrassing and make me ashamed. That little voice in my head makes it tough to battle at times. I've been doing really well, I think. Even then, today I had the thought of "wow, I can really feel it in my body already" and then that quiet voice said "you're still over 300 pounds, what does it matter if you can feel it?" And I just got angry at myself.

I, too was tired of being morbidly obese.
What kept me 100% was viewing IP as a medical treatment. I wasn't "just" losing weight, I was correcting a health condition (morbid obesity) and IP was my medicine. This helped with my mindset and helped me view food as medicine, as well. When food is your medicine, junk is junk. It isn't something to wish for. It is poison and it can kill. It was killing me.

When people talk about what they miss, I usually think: why do they miss eating poison when they can have their healthy, healing medicine instead?

After about a year of maintaining (had to stop P1 due to the thyroid problems I developed), I'm now ready to stop being overweight.

I'm still 20 lbs from goal (normal BMI).

It is frustrating. We're trying different things and finding how fast my weight spikes up because my metabolism is still f up.

This is a P1 week. Trying to lose weight but keep my thyroid happy is tough. So, right now no more than 7 days on P1 without at least a few days P3. We'll see how June goes...

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-28-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #470  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Keeping my fingers crossed Lisa! You've come so far and have such a great attitude!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I have been investigating carb cycling. I wonder if that would be helpful Lisa.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #472  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I, too was tired of being morbidly obese.
What kept me 100% was viewing IP as a medical treatment. I wasn't "just" losing weight, I was correcting a health condition (morbid obesity) and IP was my medicine. This helped with my mindset and helped me view food as medicine, as well. When food is your medicine, junk is junk. It isn't something to wish for. It is poison and it can kill. It was killing me.

When people talk about what they miss, I usually think: why do they miss eating poison when they can have their healthy, healing medicine instead?

After about a year of maintaining (had to stop P1 due to the thyroid problems I developed), I'm now ready to stop being overweight.

I'm still 20 lbs from goal (normal BMI).

It is frustrating. We're trying different things and finding how fast my weight spikes up because my metabolism is still f up.

This is a P1 week. Trying to lose weight but keep my thyroid happy is tough. So, right now no more than 7 days on P1 without at least a few days P3. We'll see how June goes...
I absolutely love this...you are so great at thinking about things in such profound ways. Thanks so much for sharing your insight with us!!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Re-posting this question, because the only response I got yesterday was ... unhelpful:

Anybody have any recommendations re: a food processor they'd recommend buying? I asked for one for my birthday, and only now have the time to look into them.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #474  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Re-posting this question, because the only response I got yesterday was ... unhelpful:

Anybody have any recommendations re: a food processor they'd recommend buying? I asked for one for my birthday, and only now have the time to look into them.
I have an older Cuisineart model similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-.../dp/B0000645TW

I love it. It's a lot of parts to keep track of and wash, but it really has been a lifesaver, even before IP. I can't say I've compared it to any other food processors but I'm really happy with mine! I'd go with the larger volume option if you can. Making cauliflower rice is a PIA even with the large one, I have to do it in batches.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I bought a Cuisinart 9 cup from Amazon in Nov. I love it.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #476  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:

I went cheap and got the compact Hamilton beach on sale for $40. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ha...l#.U4aEztq9KSM. I make coleslaw and cauli rice and I puréed my red peppers. I don't do much more so it is enough for me. I have an immersion blender I use for soups.

The more expensive ones with more attachments do a lot more but nothing I needed to do.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #477  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Well now I feel a bit badly because the only unhelpful response was ME but in all fairness, your question came at 9:00 at night and I didn't see it till 10:30. I think there may only be about 4 of us nighthawks on that late. Hope you got some better advice today when more people are active on the thread.

Last edited by IP43; 05-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #478  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well now I feel a bit badly because the only unhelpful response was ME but in all fairness, your question came at 9:00 at night and I didn't see it till 10:30. I think there may only be about 4 of us nighthawks on that late. Hope you got some better advice today when more people are active on the thread.
Your response last night (which I read this morning) made me smile
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #479  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I have a Magic Bullet - it does a good job for light stuff but I wouldn't want to do anything too heavy duty in it. I really want a Ninja but it will have to wait.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #480  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Your response last night (which I read this morning) made me smile
Glad to hear that ChipnDip -- my intent is only ever to help, and share a hug or a smile--Never to offend.
Closed Thread