Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Congrats to everyone on office party and WIs. We are all hanging in there.

Slipfree--- I am for sure colder on IP diet. Sometimes I am so cold in the house I put on big socks, a heavy sweat shirt and gloves!!!! The heat is on like 73!!! My hubby thinks I am crazy but sometimes out of no where I can get really cold then I am hot. Weird!!

Had my tongue checked the other day by an oral surgeon. It is not cancer or anything thank G-d.

He for sure thinks the front and side areas of my tongue or reacting to something on the diet. He called it angry tongue - he says it is either something in the packets, eating too much salt and acid (dill pickles, vingear), too many vitamins or actually eating too much protein.

He also said I have yeast on my tongue as well so I have a mouth wash to help with that-dont think I ever had that before.

He said it is a catch 22 - he wants me to stay on the diet but this might be a side effect until I get off of the diet-I told him it could be another 6-8months on IP.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Congrats on staying on plan for your work party Slipfree...although I didn't think you'd have a problem. Good thing you were able to stock up on veggies with the snow storm coming in!

Lucci, I'm glad you're tongue is cancer free...It seems like this diet has some strange side effects, but for me they've been temporary. If your oral surgeon thinks you have yeast on your tongue can he give you an anti-fungal pill like Diflucan? Probiotics are also supposed to be anti-yeast. Hopefully you're not reacting to the IP prodtcs and maybe you can experiment by eliminating some of the other foods you're eating to see if your mouth feels better. I'd get rid of the acidic stuff first vinegar and dill pickles and see if you feel better.

I feel colder than when I started, and I bet it's the fat loss. A lot of us have lost 20-30 lbs or more...that's a lot of insulation gone.

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-14-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #213  

KookySuki--

I already take Diflucan and a very strong probiotic-so we will see. My other doctor has me only taking Omega vitamins during lunch not at night for a month to see if that will change anything.

My big dilema is either to go totally IP packet free on my cruise to see if my tongue issue will go away (this is what my oral surgeon wants me to do). I am afraid to do this but understand his thinking

or go on P3 and have 1-2 packets a day and eating high protein-coach and another dr say to do this. Kinda of confused. My hubby says to do have some packets. I will still take my vitamins
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #214  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
KookySuki--

I already take Diflucan and a very strong probiotic-so we will see. My other doctor has me only taking Omega vitamins during lunch not at night for a month to see if that will change anything.

My big dilema is either to go totally IP packet free on my cruise to see if my tongue issue will go away (this is what my oral surgeon wants me to do). I am afraid to do this but understand his thinking

or go on P3 and have 1-2 packets a day and eating high protein-coach and another dr say to do this. Kinda of confused. My hubby says to do have some packets. I will still take my vitamins
Oh, that's a tough decision...I would probably go with what your dr and coach are saying since at least they are in agreement. Have you had allergy testing to see if you're allergic to soy or other things that might be in the IP foods? Sorry if you've already mentioned this on this thread.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Luccilove, so glad about what the oral surgeon said! I am def. dealing with itchy side effects. I think your cruise is a tough call.

Kookysuki, I feel like I messed up because I only got in 4.7 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies all day.

All we can do is try our best. I am a little blue because my losses for the past two weeks will most likely be 2 pounds. Will weigh in tomorrow for 20 by Christmas. Just need to keep following the protocol,it will happen.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi Luccilove, so glad about what the oral surgeon said! I am def. dealing with itchy side effects. I think your cruise is a tough call.

Kookysuki, I feel like I messed up because I only got in 4.7 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies all day.

All we can do is try our best. I am a little blue because my losses for the past two weeks will most likely be 2 pounds. Will weigh in tomorrow for 20 by Christmas. Just need to keep following the protocol,it will happen.
Yeah, I see why you feel like you messed up, but if you're going to mess up in the IP world what you did was probably the best mess up possible.

I'm sure you're weigh in will better this week. It seems like 1 or 2 smaller losses are usually followed by larger one for me.

I hope you're not feeling guilty about having less of your veggies and protein. Just make sure to get everything in today and maybe a walk or some other activity might boost your metabolism today. I've found with this diet, it's best to just move on (remember your mistakes, but don't guilt yourself over them) and do your best the next meal or day. You are doing so well overall! That's really something to be proud of with all of the engagements you've had during the holidays. That takes serious planning and motivation. You'll be at your goal before you know it.

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-14-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #217  

Slipfree--

I would be thrilled to still lose 2lbs--it is something. Would you rather gain weight and feel even worse? (I am not being mean - if it "sounds like it")

I am happy when I lose anything even when I mess up a little. You are still losing probably during one of the toughest times of the year for everyone. We will all get back on track again after the New Year.

KookySuki--I guess I should have said this before - I have been tested for food allergies and hay fever stuff. I get an allergy shot once a week and I am allergic to soy and mushrooms - techincally and went to my ENT--he did not think this would cause my tongue to have this. He even gave me a cortsion shot to calm down my mouth it only helped a little. I guess if this is the worst thing that will happen to me while I am losing massive amounts of weight then I will live. It is just annoying.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #218  

Luccilove,

You are right! Just wanting Onederland and my 20 by Christmas. I will be honest, it is hard to see others have slips and still lose larger amounts. I am aware that every body is different and that every loss is a good one. I am really grateful to be losing but it can be frustrating and putting it into words helps me let go of that feeling.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #219  

Quote:
Slipfree--

I would be thrilled to still lose 2lbs--it is something. Would you rather gain weight and feel even worse? (I am not being mean - if it "sounds like it")

I am happy when I lose anything even when I mess up a little. You are still losing probably during one of the toughest times of the year for everyone. We will all get back on track again after the New Year.

KookySuki--I guess I should have said this before - I have been tested for food allergies and hay fever stuff. I get an allergy shot once a week and I am allergic to soy and mushrooms - techincally and went to my ENT--he did not think this would cause my tongue to have this. He even gave me a cortsion shot to calm down my mouth it only helped a little. I guess if this is the worst thing that will happen to me while I am losing massive amounts of weight then I will live. It is just annoying.
Oh, that is annoying that there isn't really a good explanation for why your mouth is going crazy! Hopefully it will go away soon. Sounds like you're doing all the right things by having different medical professionals check it out. Now it's just to figure out whether to stay on IP.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #220  

Made mug cake tonight with the vanilla drink mix. It had the texture of a sponge! Has anyone else made it? I think I must have cooked it too long. I ate it anyway to get the packet in, but can't say that I am a fan.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #221  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Slip, I have NOT been able to get it right and have tried many alternative ways like more egg, less egg, less baking powder etc, so I just gave up on it. I tried microwaving a number of different ways and even tried baking mini muffins. It just wasn't working, I would rather have it as a hot chocolate
Old 12-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #222  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
KookySuki--

Here's my two cents Luccilove, If it were me, I would cut out the packets completely to see if that's it. It will be hard to tell if you are still having symptoms what it is if you are just cutting back. Go on your cruise, have a great time! Like I said, it's just my opinion, I'm definitely not a dr! Keep us updated on what you do and how you do though.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I made it thru my first christmas get together without giving in to temptations. And boy there were many because it was a potluck/cookie bake.

I have to say..........I looked at all the scrumptious looking food but it wasn't calling my name. My sister and I (she's OP too) had cauli-rice, asparagus, roast beef and salad with her homemade dressing. She had 6 zucchini oatmeal muffins for us and we split a chocolate raspberry bar. Everything was excellent and I didn't feel deprived at all.

Next stop...christmas dinner...
Old 12-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #224  

Sounds like a great night, 44forever! Great planning. Glad that you had fun
Old 12-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #225  

44forever--Great job!!! Sounds like u had a solid plan--that is half the battle!

No matter what I will not stop IP until I have reached my goal. I have come to far to have some weird side effects stop me. This is the best I have done on any diet ever.
Closed Thread