Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #61  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It sounded pretty factual and straightforward to me

Long timers have seen SO MANY people get erroneous info from coaches (such as using kale in place of lettuce) that sometimes we just get straight to the point in replies.

There are also different levels of IP training. My coach is a region rep and has all the advanced training. She STILL calls IP frequently with questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
This WAS a great thread, but it has severely deteriorated. I'm over this conversation and the pettiness. I came to this website for support and ideas. I don't need another coach or doctor. I guess I'll use Pinterest for ideas and get my support from friends/family rather than a website. I didn't think the threads were monitored by the IP police.
Sometimes it is really hard to interpret tone or meaning on a discussion board, so I always just assume the person has good intent and is trying to be helpful. I think IPN was doing just that.

So many coaches make up their own rules that don't fit within the IP guidelines - some of which are just so far off base it's not even funny. People on this board who have been on IP for a long time really try to help those who are getting advice that is wrong and could really hurt a poster's losses.

I don't think anyone was trying to be "IP police" rather trying to make sure that people get the most out of the diet (i.e. lose weight the fastest, healthiest way possible). I have gotten so much support and information here, you just have to remember that these are words on a page and you can't see or hear the poster. In my opinion, it helps to always just assume the person is trying to be supportive and helpful.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Slipfree, Wantanewme, and 44forever...thanks for your kind words! My irritation level has come down and I'm ready to move on. I've enjoyed our group and the site in general. Hopefully this was just a little blip. I shouldn't have gotten so irritated, but I felt I had to stick up for myself. My doctor and coach are very special and helpful to me, so I got upset. Anyways, moving on...let's keep our progress moving forward. I lost 3.8 lbs this week despite my kale and chia seeds in my smoothies. I'm going to do just the unaltered drinks until my next weigh in and see how it goes. Also recommitted to myself to not drink and to stay on plan at my work Christmas party. All of your strength and commitment has inspired me to stay in plan for the party and when I go visit my family in Ohio for a week at Christmas time. I just shipped my IP packets to my parents' house and I'm prepping them for what I'll be eating when I'm there. Fortunately they are being supportive and want to get the right foods for me to stay OP.
Great loss! Congrats
I love how smart and well prepared you're being.
Keep on going
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #63  

Slip free, those sound so good! I must really attempt them myself soon.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kookysuki, Glad that you are staying. I understand that your Dr. and coach are special to you. I do not think it was IPnewbies intention to hurt you. That said, I am so impressed with your planning for Christmas! For your party,a suggestion:
I went to a wedding with phenomenal food, people were oohing and ah-ing all around me (kind of wanted to punch them) but I stayed OP. I told the place that I had severe allergies and needed my food as clean as possible only cooked with a tiny bit of olive oil- and they did it! Sending the stuff to your parents is awesome. Aren't you relieved that they are being so supportive? I know I was.
Congrats on your WI. I think that number is great.

F6noob, hope your transition back on program is going smoothly. All the mentions of bad hangovers is a serious deterrent for me, since mine were bad after a couple of drinks-before IP!

Want2bskinnyagain- how wonderful that you have such great support with your friend. We should be in Onederland by the Holidays! Congrats on your WI!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, down 4.2 for a total of 21.4 !! Very happy.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #66  

Yay Wine4me!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #67  

Win4me, woohoo!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

KookySuki--

I shipped 10+ days of food to my parents house and it worked out great. I also sent a blender/shaker, salt, and vitamins. I labeled them in 2 ziplocs so I didnt have to take all the bottles. It worked great.

I also found a FAB clinic near my parents and she let me buy individual items to try. (My clinic does not allow this). She also weighed me and gave me great encouragement. It was perfect.

You will do great!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Sometimes it is really hard to interpret tone or meaning on a discussion board, so I always just assume the person has good intent and is trying to be helpful. I think IPN was doing just that.

So many coaches make up their own rules that don't fit within the IP guidelines - some of which are just so far off base it's not even funny. People on this board who have been on IP for a long time really try to help those who are getting advice that is wrong and could really hurt a poster's losses.

I don't think anyone was trying to be "IP police" rather trying to make sure that people get the most out of the diet (i.e. lose weight the fastest, healthiest way possible). I have gotten so much support and information here, you just have to remember that these are words on a page and you can't see or hear the poster. In my opinion, it helps to always just assume the person is trying to be supportive and helpful.
Thanks...I understand. I just think people in general need to think more about how the message will be read by the recipient. Some of the responses directed towards me really seemed to discredit my doctor/coach and approach me in a condescending manner. I'm over it, but I feel like the "senior" people here need to realize they don't know everything there is to know about IP and also to not to bash coaches/doctors because it can be really offensive to the recipient of the "advice" as well. I understand saying my doctor was lying to me and wasn't trained properly if he was telling me to eat Big Macs and fries, but he was telling me a handful of KALE was ok to put in the blender with an IP drink. I think we can all take a breath and realize that a handful of kale is not going to sabotage my results. Just my two cents...
Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kookysuki, Glad that you are staying. I understand that your Dr. and coach are special to you. I do not think it was IPnewbies intention to hurt you. That said, I am so impressed with your planning for Christmas! For your party,a suggestion:
I went to a wedding with phenomenal food, people were oohing and ah-ing all around me (kind of wanted to punch them) but I stayed OP. I told the place that I had severe allergies and needed my food as clean as possible only cooked with a tiny bit of olive oil- and they did it! Sending the stuff to your parents is awesome. Aren't you relieved that they are being so supportive? I know I was.
Congrats on your WI. I think that number is great.

F6noob, hope your transition back on program is going smoothly. All the mentions of bad hangovers is a serious deterrent for me, since mine were bad after a couple of drinks-before IP!

Want2bskinnyagain- how wonderful that you have such great support with your friend. We should be in Onederland by the Holidays! Congrats on your WI!
Oh that wedding sounds painful to be around all of that good food and wedding cake...ugh! Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely call the restaurant ahead of time and let then know that I need my steak to have only a little olive oil and herbs, no butter, cheese, etc. I can claim I have a bad dairy allergy. I'll also have to get a plain salad. Maybe I'll just skip the salad. I really wish I didn't have to go at all as ungrateful as that sounds, but with the diet and being so busy, I'm dreading it. I'm already swamped at work and they're having this party during the day and staff meetings that morning, so the whole work day is a wash. It's only around 2 hours, but it all centers around food and wine. It will be tough, but I know I can get through it. It might be entertaining to hear what people say after they've been drinking and I'm completely sober.

By the way, that zucchini curry soup was awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-04-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #71  

Can we go back to celebrating our supporters and successes now? I am trying to get in the holiday spirit and all this tension is getting me down.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #72  

Wantanewme, thank you! I appreciate the support!

Luccilove- thanks! I got the idea to ship the supplies from seeing your earlier posts. Great idea! Getting that package out today eased my anxiety about how I would stay OP at my parents' house. They are not the healthiest eaters and consequently both are overweight and have diabetes; which is a big reason why I need to get my weight down so that I do not end up with their health problems. Maybe they'll learn something from me while I'm there.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #73  

Quote:
Can we go back to celebrating our supporters and successes now? I am trying to get in the holiday spirit and all this tension is getting me down.

Yes! I'm sorry for causing any of you gals tension. I agree we need to celebrate how well we're doing and what a great group of people we have to support us.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #74  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Made Kale chips tonight with basil, pepper and sea salt. Yummy!
My kale chips had a good consistency but I wasn't a fan of the flavor. Tasted bitter. I washed and dried it, rubbed a small amount of olive oil on the leaves, added salt and pepper, and baked it for 1 hour at 210 degrees. Maybe I need to try baby kale?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #75  

Hi,

I used baby Kale, sprayed them with Pam olive oil spray and baked on 400 for about 8 minutes. I liked them. Had them with pork. I think the basil sea salt helped.

Did you survive the chocolate?
Closed Thread