Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey there everyone, I want to let everyone that's been here in the "group" for awhile to shoot me a private message if they are interested, I set up a list like the "christmas challenge" based on dates that we all started (I went back through the threads for Oct and 1/2 of Nov and input the data for all the regulars). It shows how much we want to lose (cumulatively as well as singly) and where we are given the donations recorded. I hit the point where I realized it would be easier for anyone that has access to the link to update their own data as I'm missing quite a few entries. Please don't take offense if you're name is not on the list, I set the sheet up that so long as anyone has the link, they can edit the sheet, so you can add yourself and your data. As of right now (with the given data that I've input) our group has lost 242.9lbs... PRETTY AMAZING!!!

So if you want to go in and update your data, shoot me a private message and you too can see where our OCT groupies are in getting to our goal!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #137  

Slip,

Thanks for checking in on me, I've been MIA this weekend (and probably the next few weekends) because we had a huge party for friends that came in from out of town.. it's an annual "Kids at Heart" party where we all exchange fun gifts, and we do silly fun things like watch movies, eat junk food (well previous years), and generally, things that well a kid would do. It's once a year, and I didn't want to miss it. There were about 70 people at the party this year, and everyone brought junk... It was soooo hard to deal, but I had my tea, my IP restricted snack (strawberry wafers), and a jello to tide me over... I avoided the kitchen where the food/snacks/carbs were.

I think I over did it a little with creamer since I had a couple coffees, but out of ALL the things I could have done, I left the cheetos, cookies, brownies etc alone, and I was so proud of myself...

Then today, we had a baby shower for my hubby's boss, and of course there was pizza, wine, cake, and their nod to "healthy" mixed green salad with strawberries, goat cheese and toasted glazed almonds... sigh.. Happy to say that I made a latte out of my pudding (grabbed the wrong thing this morning), and had a vanilla crispy square in place of a piece of cake.

The worst part was going into the Elm Street Market today and passing the cheese aisle.. they had a baked goat cheese that made me want to cry... and lavender/lemon goat yogurt.. Sweets I could give a poo less, but cheese.. I was super grumpy walking out and realized that I need to not go into that store (or any really good cheese shop) until I get closer to goal because THAT was the thing that made me resentful (for all of about 20 minutes).

Claustin,

I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm glad that you're moving on to something that will help you feel more in control. My best friend is doing WW and she's doing really really well. I wish you the best.

How has everyone else been doing??
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kawaii,

What a fun party theme! So proud of you for staying on track. Coffee has been my party friend too! And... The same thing happened at my Friday party, the salad looked delish but it was way off program. You planned better than I, ended up missing 6 ounces of protein on Fri.

Where is Elm Street Market? Sounds yum for a treat after we are Skinny girls!
I have to avoid Frommage in Old Saybrook for exactly your reasons-too much temptation.

Taking a personal day tomorrow. Need new tires on the car and I am worried about driving on slippery roads. Tried to get an appt. on Sat. but they were booked. So I am getting them tomorrow at 12:00.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kawaii,

Where is Elm Street Market? Sounds yum for a treat after we are Skinny girls!
I have to avoid Frommage in Old Saybrook for exactly your reasons-too much temptation.

OOOH I didn't know about Frommage... Elm Street Market is in New Haven on the corner of Chapel and State streets. It's a food Co-Op, and it's amazing... there were so many good smells between the fresh bread and the cheeses, and some meats that looked amazing, but alas, it's only a year, right??

Once I hit goal, I'm going to have a splurge day...within reason.. and with moderation. I want to be healthy, not gain it all back... But given the determination I've got going on right now, I can do anything!

Not looking forward to the next few weekends... the 14th I've got a caroling party with a food thing afterwards, the 15th, a bowling league thing for my son (pizza and diner food), and the 21st a Yuletide party in MA with all the foodie friends.. sooo nervous about that one.. they usually have all the trigger foods for me.. crackers, breads, cheeses. I'll breathe through it, and who knows if it gets really bad, I'll text you guys from the bathroom while taking a time out!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #140  

OOOH... Guess what?! As a group we've donated 19.81% of our total weight that we're looking to get rid of!!!

12/9/13 - 12:45pm
With everyone's updates, we're just shy of 300lbs donated in 3 months. There are still some who need to update, and that's perfectly fine, but on average 100lbs a month for 19 people.. KICK BUTT!!! We got this!!

Last edited by Kawaii1002; 12-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #141  

I have a ton of Christmas Parties too! Work Christmas party next Friday catered by Paul's Pasta. (Told them that I am not eating or drinking, so I did not have to pay that will keep me away from the food) Heading to my parent's for Sat. And Sun. Mom and I are going to visit a friend up in Middlebury for a girl's day. Told them that I need a restaurant with Steak. Sun, New Haven to see trees decorated for charity benefit. Christmas Book Club,(bringing own food) Family Carol Sing.(bringing my own food) Christmas Eve (food planned) Christmas Day ( brother's- they are having ham) New Year's (family at my house, beef tenderloin, grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes for them,mashed cauliflower for me.) and the events go on and on. In Jan., I am staying home!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #142  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Great idea Kawaii! It would be cool to see how we're doing as a group.

Overall I'm doing well but the fesitivites of the season are definitely wearing me down. I'm a very social person and it can definitely be hard to stay OP with all the activities. All my friends think I'm a great cook (not trying to brag) and want me to make all my special dishes that I make every year, and most of them are not IP friendly. My roommate still isn't much help either. Ordering pizza multiple times every week or bringing home burgers/sandwiches/other crap. Going to keep doing my best through December but don't want to beat myself up if I enjoy a dinner or drink. Looking forward to coming back strong after the new year and everything goes back to normal.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Newbie to this forum & IP

Hi all: Just found this on the web while googling IP. I just started Ideal Protein on Nov 13 (a Wed) and I go for weigh in on Mondays. This seems to be working well and I have a background in the fitness and health industry so I know it makes sense. Just wondering if anyone else out there has to be Gluten Free. I am not celiac but have true allergic reactions to gluten (asthma, skin breakouts, intestinal problems - you name it). This means about the only things I can have are the drinks and the oatmeal and pudding. Of course, I've never been much interested in sweets, but love savoury goodies like old cheeses, popcorn with real garlic butter, and such, which I don't have any substitute for in the packets. Please give me some pointers as I am getting VERY BORED with my food. All ideas are welcome!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #144  

canadjineh, Welcome! You might be better off posting on the daily chat thread for answers about gluten free. I know that I have seen posts about options for people dealing with this allergy. The daily chat is frequented by more veteran IP-ers, so they might be able to give you some insight. Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

I'm always impressed by the strategy/preparation and will power people have on this board. If you ladies (Slipfree and Kawaii) can get through all of these social engagements with fabulous food, I can get through my work holiday party on Friday. My friend who is on the planning committee for the party said I can get my steak with just olive oil and I'll be able to pick through everything else. No wine will be a challenge, but I can do it. Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-09-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii1002, I tried to send you a message but it told me I haven't posted emough yet, better start posting. I think the link would be really helpful tool in my journey, I am a competitive person so seeing how much others have lost would be good motivation for me! Thanks for doing that.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Kawaii1002, I tried to send you a message but it told me I haven't posted emough yet, better start posting. I think the link would be really helpful tool in my journey, I am a competitive person so seeing how much others have lost would be good motivation for me! Thanks for doing that.
Want2b,

I sent you a message, so you should still be able to get to the spreadsheet and input your info. Instructions are contained within the message. Good luck! I'm thrilled that everyone is enjoying the tracking as much as I am. It's not so much a competition as to who's losing more, it's more motivation to say OMG Look at how much we've all lost together!! (At least for me).
Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #148  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Had my WI this morning, it was a two weeker since I went back home for Thanksgiving. I donated 5.6 lbs!! I'm glad I got away with the couple cookies I had but I am not going to try it again. My body fat percentage is a bit higher than I had hoped and coach would like to see that down a bit more before putting me on phase 2. Still, I'm thrilled. I was beginning to doubt if I could continue through the holiday, but this donation has re-lit a fire under my bum to see this thing through! Baking some quest bar cookies for the movie I am getting ready to go to...woooohoooo!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Had my WI this morning, it was a two weeker since I went back home for Thanksgiving. I donated 5.6 lbs!! I'm glad I got away with the couple cookies I had but I am not going to try it again. My body fat percentage is a bit higher than I had hoped and coach would like to see that down a bit more before putting me on phase 2. Still, I'm thrilled. I was beginning to doubt if I could continue through the holiday, but this donation has re-lit a fire under my bum to see this thing through! Baking some quest bar cookies for the movie I am getting ready to go to...woooohoooo!
Airport,

That's AMAZING!!! question, are you near goal? I thought that you only got moved onto phase 2 once you hit your goal. I could be mistaken, hence my asking.

In any event, keep up the great work girlfriend, you're rocking the socks off of this protocol!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #150  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Agh, Kawaii, yes I should have been more clear on that. She was talking to me about Phase 2 and where my percentage of body fat is compared to my weight. I am a little high on the body fat end of it for where my weight is. I guess I just got excited for her to even bring up phase 2...lol

Btw, I love love love that spreadsheet!!! I updated my info.

Phase1 is until 90% of your goal isn't it?.. Texting coach..lol

Last edited by airportchick11; 12-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Closed Thread