Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #121  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Bad news...I had a terrible day on Thursday and a meltdown. I won't get into it all, but I'm completely overwhelmed at work, am 99% sure I'm moving to another city in the spring, and holiday stress about being around dysfunctional family, etc. I was so upset I cried at work, left early, stopped at my favorite bakery and pizza place on my way home from work and binged Thurs and was off plan yesterday. I stayed home from work to recover yesterday and I'm feeling better and back on plan today. Hopefully my meltdown won't effect the scale too much. Public service announcement: don't try to quit your antidepressant when you're stressed and/or going into the holidays or have major life changes coming up. I found out the hard way this is a REALLY BAD idea.
Sorry you are dealing with all that. It's really okay to have a melt down. We are all human. All we all can do is our best. You are back on track and that's all that matters.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #122  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi,

Nice to hear that you are all doing well. I am making IP meatball soup for tonight. Made IP meatballs yesterday and they were a little dry, so thought of my Gram's meatball soup. Chicken broth, mushrooms, finely chopped pepper, Kale, spinach, dried minced onion, basil, rosemary, oregano, sea salt and the leftover meatballs. Smells yummy.

Made a "me"decision today-was notified that there was a party today at the last minute for an extended family member. I told them I had prior plans. 3 parties in one weekend would have been too much. Instead, I am finishing up the decorations, have a fire going in the fireplace and after dinner- I am going to wrap presents. It is very hard for me to say no to my family, so I am feeling a bit guilty for fibbing.
Josh, meatball soup sounds so yummy right now. Never thought about that. I think I might have to give that a try. The only meat I eat is ground turkey so I'm going to try to make some meatballs out of that. Maybe rice some califlouer and try to combine the two.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #123  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi,

Nice to hear that you are all doing well. I am making IP meatball soup for tonight. Made IP meatballs yesterday and they were a little dry, so thought of my Gram's meatball soup. Chicken broth, mushrooms, finely chopped pepper, Kale, spinach, dried minced onion, basil, rosemary, oregano, sea salt and the leftover meatballs. Smells yummy.

Made a "me"decision today-was notified that there was a party today at the last minute for an extended family member. I told them I had prior plans. 3 parties in one weekend would have been too much. Instead, I am finishing up the decorations, have a fire going in the fireplace and after dinner- I am going to wrap presents. It is very hard for me to say no to my family, so I am feeling a bit guilty for fibbing.
Gosh, meatball soup sounds so yummy right now. Never thought about that. I think I might have to give that a try. The only meat I eat is ground turkey so I'm going to try to make some meatballs out of that. Maybe rice some califlouer and try to combine the two.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Luccilove,

Nope, I stick to the protocol. I do cut down on extra salt items, like pickles.

Funny, I just ordered some clothes for the holidays. I still have clothes from this size from before, but no pants for some reason. There are tons of sales right now. First time ordering 14s without the W. In a very long time! I do understand your fear, but no one will appreciate all your hard work if you look like you have a saggy butt! I am donating about 500 dollars worth of pants to a local charity. They are nice, so someone will get good use out of them.

I hope your WI goes on schedule. Relax, You will do fine.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--

I stick to protcol but I thought you dont have to eat 1 restricted a day. Is it optional? Just wondering.

U r totally right about the clothes thing. My mom thinks it is crazy I am wearing baggy clothes still. Maybe after new year I will look at new clothes.

I will for sure donate my clothes. Silly to throw them out. That is great about the your 14 size. Good for u. Very happy for u. I do know the shirts from kohls I wear are 3x and I now can fit into 1x. It is like a dream!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #126  

I think a lot of people cut restricted items. My coach said to wait until I get to a stall, before cutting stuff. And... I love my restricted!

I am pretty tall, almost 5'8. Even at my highest weight, I could wear an extra large top. My bottom is the struggle. Lots of hips and thighs. Question is why wait until the New Year? Kohl's has some great sales and promo codes right now.

Jemma, I took Kooky's advice and made turkey meatloaf with riced cauliflower
last week. It would definitely work for meatballs.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Sorry you are dealing with all that. It's really okay to have a melt down. We are all human. All we all can do is our best. You are back on track and that's all that matters.
Thanks Jemma...feeling better now and will feel lots better when I'm back in ketosis. Being in ketosis and eating OP really boosts my mood. Hopefully I'll be back in soon.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #128  

It's a great time to get some new clothes! I bought some new size 16 (was an 18 or 20 in pants, hence my extensive collection of dresses) jeans for $15 each at Old Navy on Black Friday because I was having the saggy butt problem. I also bought some cute XL shirts at Anthropologie that I think will fit me for awhile into my weight loss. I am a larger chested gal, so even when I weight 180-190, I still wear XL tops.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #129  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello! Thanks for thinking of us!

I, however, have given up. I am going to try Weight Watchers instead. I cant seem to get away from having a "cheat" once a day, weather it be chocolate or fruit, it cant happen on IP. I need to just concentrate on eating clean and healthy first. I need to get my Binge eating, carb cravings, and sugar overloading under control before I can tackle something as strict as IP again. I feel like an addict trying to quit cold turkey and its not working for me.

I will check in and read up on the comments and your journeys! I will miss you all very much But, I need to do this for me. I am tired of all the guilt I feel and the feelings of failure. Thank you all for the encouragement over the past month or so, I really appreciate all your support and kind words! Once I get my head straight I WILL be back!

I wish you all the best of luck!!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #130  

Claustin,

Hoping you find the peace that you seek. I will miss you.
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #131  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Slipfree--thanks for thinking of us. We are all in the same boat.

Random thinking ---

At some point soon I will have to buy some new clothes because some of my stuff is getting too big--I am very nervous about that. I feel guilty about the clothes I have and feel bad about buying new clothes--I know it is all in my head and I am the only one thinking this way. My family says it is great that I have to buy new clothes. Just weird for me to think about. I feel if I buy new clothes I will jinx my weight loss so far-dont ask!

I have my WI tom. and I feel like I gained because I had my TOM this week but I always think like that. We got snow here and some wet rain. Not thrilled about this. Hope I can make it to my WI I will be crazy if I cant get there or my coach doesnt come in. We will see.

I think it is ok u said no to the other party. U have to do what works for u. The world will not come to an end if you dont show up at one event because you want some ME time. Good for you!

Does anyone a day or 2 before WI eat only unrestricted food. They eat no restricted items? Just curious if this makes a difference.
I eat my restricted item almost every day. There have only been a handful of days when I haven't. I usually eat the restricted as my evening snack too - just before 8pm. Can't say it has really affected things. I supposed if I started to stall I might switch it up - eat the restricted earlier or replace it with a non-restricted to see it that helped.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #132  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post

I, however, have given up. I am going to try Weight Watchers instead. I cant seem to get away from having a "cheat" once a day, weather it be chocolate or fruit, it cant happen on IP. I need to just concentrate on eating clean and healthy first. I need to get my Binge eating, carb cravings, and sugar overloading under control before I can tackle something as strict as IP again. I feel like an addict trying to quit cold turkey and its not working for me.

I will check in and read up on the comments and your journeys! I will miss you all very much But, I need to do this for me. I am tired of all the guilt I feel and the feelings of failure. Thank you all for the encouragement over the past month or so, I really appreciate all your support and kind words! Once I get my head straight I WILL be back!

Claustin, good for you for knowing when to throw in the towel and try something else. IP is so expensive and tough to do so I don't blame you for feeling guilty for "cheating". Feeling guilty is awful. I must admit that I didn't think I was going to last long on IP and was ready to retreat to WW myself so I could have a treat here and there. Food has such a psychological hold on me. Luckily I have been able to hang in there but I still daydream about those WW days where I would eat 0 point food all day so I could go out for sushi and a Wendy's frosty in the evening. And I still lost weight! Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post

I will check in and read up on the comments and your journeys! I will miss you all very much But, I need to do this for me. I am tired of all the guilt I feel and the feelings of failure. Thank you all for the encouragement over the past month or so, I really appreciate all your support and kind words! Once I get my head straight I WILL be back

You will be missed! WW is a great program too and It sounds like a good fit for you. Best of luck!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #134  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Claustin: I will still be checking in on ya via email
Old 12-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Luccilove, you and I have almost the exact same stats. I am 235/209/??? I also have been thinking about buying pants soon but don't want to right now. I will hold off as long as possible and then buy some. I am not buying them now because of the cost and also because the weight loss seems to good to be true. Everytime I WI I think, "is all the weight going to be back on?" It is a crazy thought but it is always there. I have only done 7 weeks so I know my mind set isn't right yet, hopefully I will get there soon. We are doing awesome, let's keep it going thru the holidays.
Closed Thread