Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Oh KookySuki, so sorry that you had such a hard time. Sounds as if you just needed to release the building pressure. Hopefully, we can learn different ways (other than food) for our future. I think the expectations of the holidays are tough: Lots to get done, social situations and family dynamics. On top of it all, we are missing our go to- panacea> food and wine. It is stressful! I am glad that you are back on track now, that is a huge part of the battle.

We have to come up with some strategies to use? Did you eat alone? Sometimes, I make rules for myself about food. I think that I will only eat pizza when out in a restaurant,after IP. Otherwise, I would eat a whole small! Couple of years ago, I said no ice cream in the house- if I make a trip to the ice cream stand in the summer then okay. I usually keep my trigger foods for eating in public. Have you ever tried meditation?

How are the rest of you dealing with food temptations and holiday stress?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #107  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

My people!!!!! I hate being mia for too long but this darn illness really got me down. I think I'm on the upswing and can finally sit and look at a computer screen!
Congrats on all the losses!!! Lots of good stuff going on here!
Slip, I sure hope it's just the soy and cutting it out will make a big difference. And, just my personal opinion, soy is generally only ok in small amounts for the ladies.
Kooky...so glad you are getting back on track! We all have a melt down here and there, some are worse than others but as long as we hang on to get to the other side of it, we usually learn a lot and can get it together. Way to get it back!!
I had a bit of slip. I was feeling bad with being sick and nothing sounded good. I just needed some bread type thing, cracker or anything. I had 3 mini shortbread cookies. I have to say, it was totally worth it and it was enough for me. If I was not on this program and my husband would have brought home the extra large tin, I would have had many many more. It has been tough to stay op when sick. I have been on meds and just have not taken all my vitamins. I'm confident in getting better and getting it all back together, just grateful that I haven't completely blown it...just the 3 cookies.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Oh KookySuki, so sorry that you had such a hard time. Sounds as if you just needed to release the building pressure. Hopefully, we can learn different ways (other than food) for our future. I think the expectations of the holidays are tough: Lots to get done, social situations and family dynamics. On top of it all, we are missing our go to- panacea> food and wine. It is stressful! I am glad that you are back on track now, that is a huge part of the battle.

We have to come up with some strategies to use? Did you eat alone? Sometimes, I make rules for myself about food. I think that I will only eat pizza when out in a restaurant,after IP. Otherwise, I would eat a whole small! Couple of years ago, I said no ice cream in the house- if I make a trip to the ice cream stand in the summer then okay. I usually keep my trigger foods for eating in public. Have you ever tried meditation?

How are the rest of you dealing with food temptations and holiday stress?
Thanks for the kind words and support. I need to come up with better strategies to deal with stress, frustration, and anger. I used to just eat and sleep to deal with it (or more appropriately to avoid dealing with it). Once I started IP, I thought I would deal with my stress and distract myself from food/wine by focusing on IP and work. I think focusing on IP and taking care of myself has been positive, but focusing on work has made me more stressed and frustrated.

I have tried meditation, but haven't done it in a long time. I also like yoga and could start going to a couple if classes a week. Also, need to spend more time in nature which is tough with it getting dark so early, but I can focus on doing that on weekends and walks during my lunch break at work.

I think the rules for food are a good idea, especially no pizza at home alone because pizza is my worst binge trigger. I don't keep any non-plan foods in my apartment, so I'm good on that. I think my chances of another meltdown like I had on Thursday are lower no that I saw what happens when I let things build too much and try to make too many changes at once. Thanks again!

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
My people!!!!! I hate being mia for too long but this darn illness really got me down. I think I'm on the upswing and can finally sit and look at a computer screen!
Congrats on all the losses!!! Lots of good stuff going on here!
Slip, I sure hope it's just the soy and cutting it out will make a big difference. And, just my personal opinion, soy is generally only ok in small amounts for the ladies.
Kooky...so glad you are getting back on track! We all have a melt down here and there, some are worse than others but as long as we hang on to get to the other side of it, we usually learn a lot and can get it together. Way to get it back!!
I had a bit of slip. I was feeling bad with being sick and nothing sounded good. I just needed some bread type thing, cracker or anything. I had 3 mini shortbread cookies. I have to say, it was totally worth it and it was enough for me. If I was not on this program and my husband would have brought home the extra large tin, I would have had many many more. It has been tough to stay op when sick. I have been on meds and just have not taken all my vitamins. I'm confident in getting better and getting it all back together, just grateful that I haven't completely blown it...just the 3 cookies.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Thanks for empathizing with me! I hope you're feeling better and have a great weekend!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #110  
Just doin' it!

Just need to get it out: I am wanting to snack...on crap! I'm not but I sooooo want to. I know it won't solve anything and I am sure it's because I'm not feeling well. Looking for that "make me feel better" thing. Grrrrrrr...white knuckling it tonight
Old 12-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #111  

You can do it,Airportchick! Have a nice cup of tea or a warm IP choc. drink.

I left the party before the pizza! Just did not want the temptation. I made my appearance and then went to finish my Christmas shopping. A little for them, a little for me I even bought candy for the aides and secretaries at school. It is staying in the car!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #112  
Just doin' it!

Quote:
You can do it,Airportchick! Have a nice cup of tea or a warm IP choc. drink.

I left the party before the pizza! Just did not want the temptation. I made my appearance and then went to finish my Christmas shopping. A little for them, a little for me I even bought candy for the aides and secretaries at school. It is staying in the car!
Way to go! Pizza is a hard one for sure!!! Also, leaving the candy in the car is a good one too!
I did not go crazy last night. I did drink major hot tea's and I did give in to ONE truffle. Again, like last time, it was worth it. Just to feel a bit normal for a moment and not so restricted. The old me would have beaten myself up over it, the new me says, I'm human and it's okay.

Hope everyone finishes the weekend OP!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #113  

Hi everyone,
Stephascope, Wine4me, Jemma, Claustin, Kawaii, Wantanewme, Kelsey, Kookysuki, f6noob, Want2bskinnyagain, Idealproteinewbie,Luccilove, and Jig, How u doin? I know it is a busy time of year, just wanted to let you know that you are being thought of by this Newbie. Hope you are having fun.

As we move forward in this journey, I am learning a lot about myself. My choices, my judgements, my temptations, and my motivations. This time, I feel different, I am confident that I am going to close the chapter on the "fat girl with the pretty face". After a lifetime of dieting, I never had faith that I could shed both the weight and the role, but I do now. I think it is because I am pretty happy about the person I have become. I am much more realistic and not focused on perfection. I have learned to ignore the self critical comments of my "inner brat" by reminding myself that I would never treat anyone else that way. I am also not doing this to gain the approval of anyone else(this is a complete turn around for me) This is for me! I want a normal blood pressure number, I want cute clothes to fit, I want any boot to fit, I want to wear the coats in my closet, and I want a body that does not hold me back. Any added acknowledgement from the outside is an added bonus. I have figured out,that really- I want freedom from my self imposed walls and with all of your help, I am breaking them down pound by pound. I want those walls down more than I want that pizza.

Thanks for listening and caring
Old 12-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #114  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Stephascope, Wine4me, Jemma, Claustin, Kawaii, Wantanewme, Kelsey, Kookysuki, f6noob, Want2bskinnyagain, Idealproteinewbie,Luccilove, and Jig, How u doin? I know it is a busy time of year, just wanted to let you know that you are being thought of by this Newbie. Hope you are having fun.

As we move forward in this journey, I am learning a lot about myself. My choices, my judgements, my temptations, and my motivations. This time, I feel different, I am confident that I am going to close the chapter on the "fat girl with the pretty face". After a lifetime of dieting, I never had faith that I could shed both the weight and the role, but I do now. I think it is because I am pretty happy about the person I have become. I am much more realistic and not focused on perfection. I have learned to ignore the self critical comments of my "inner brat" by reminding myself that I would never treat anyone else that way. I am also not doing this to gain the approval of anyone else(this is a complete turn around for me) This is for me! I want a normal blood pressure number, I want cute clothes to fit, I want any boot to fit, I want to wear the coats in my closet, and I want a body that does not hold me back. Any added acknowledgement from the outside is an added bonus. I have figured out,that really- I want freedom from my self imposed walls and with all of your help, I am breaking them down pound by pound. I want those walls down more than I want that pizza.

I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I hit the 21 pound mark yesterday which takes me to an average of 3 lbs per week which has surpassed my expectations. I feel the same way about "closing the chapter on the fat girl". I love that. This program is awesome and I have also learned a lot about myself. Lately I have really been wanting the pizza but now I just acknowledge it and move on!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #115  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I hit the 21 pound mark yesterday which takes me to an average of 3 lbs per week which has surpassed my expectations. I feel the same way about "closing the chapter on the fat girl". I love that. This program is awesome and I have also learned a lot about myself. Lately I have really been wanting the pizza but now I just acknowledge it and move on!
You and I are almost the same loss wise. I am .6 away from 21 lost. It is shocking to me that I have stuck it out and accomplished it. I never thought I would stick to it because I have only done it once before many years ago.

When I got on the scale this morning I had to do a double take and even rubbed my eyes to make sure I saw what I saw. LOL. I did a little happy dance.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #116  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
You and I are almost the same loss wise. I am .6 away from 21 lost. It is shocking to me that I have stuck it out and accomplished it. I never thought I would stick to it because I have only done it once before many years ago.

When I got on the scale this morning I had to do a double take and even rubbed my eyes to make sure I saw what I saw. LOL. I did a little happy dance.
Hehe, gotta love that scale going DOWN!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #117  

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Amen sister! Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm feeling better today mentally; physically my stomach is giving me he'll from what I've been eating since Thursday night. I am now back OP. I didn't do it yesterday because I wasn't motivated enough and had lunch with a friend somewhere with 0 IP options. I think my antidepressant is working again. I never should have tried stopping it with all of the stress I have right now. I thought I was ready since the stresses that caused me to go on it are gone, but I guess that wasn't the right decision.

You are so strong! I need to remember your post above when I have those tough, white knuckled times when I get really upset and want to turn to food. I too want to leave the "you have such a pretty face" comments behind and be the healthiest I can.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slipfree, thanks for thinking about me! I am doing well. I had a party to go to last night and I had one drink, but right back on IP today. That was the last work party of the season so I am very happy about that, easier to stay on plan that way.
Hope everyone is having a good day! We CAN do this!!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #119  

Hi,

Nice to hear that you are all doing well. I am making IP meatball soup for tonight. Made IP meatballs yesterday and they were a little dry, so thought of my Gram's meatball soup. Chicken broth, mushrooms, finely chopped pepper, Kale, spinach, dried minced onion, basil, rosemary, oregano, sea salt and the leftover meatballs. Smells yummy.

Made a "me"decision today-was notified that there was a party today at the last minute for an extended family member. I told them I had prior plans. 3 parties in one weekend would have been too much. Instead, I am finishing up the decorations, have a fire going in the fireplace and after dinner- I am going to wrap presents. It is very hard for me to say no to my family, so I am feeling a bit guilty for fibbing.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--thanks for thinking of us. We are all in the same boat.

Random thinking ---

At some point soon I will have to buy some new clothes because some of my stuff is getting too big--I am very nervous about that. I feel guilty about the clothes I have and feel bad about buying new clothes--I know it is all in my head and I am the only one thinking this way. My family says it is great that I have to buy new clothes. Just weird for me to think about. I feel if I buy new clothes I will jinx my weight loss so far-dont ask!

I have my WI tom. and I feel like I gained because I had my TOM this week but I always think like that. We got snow here and some wet rain. Not thrilled about this. Hope I can make it to my WI I will be crazy if I cant get there or my coach doesnt come in. We will see.

I think it is ok u said no to the other party. U have to do what works for u. The world will not come to an end if you dont show up at one event because you want some ME time. Good for you!

Does anyone a day or 2 before WI eat only unrestricted food. They eat no restricted items? Just curious if this makes a difference.
Closed Thread