Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown72 View Post
My wife has lost 15+ pounds to...her boobs and butt are getting smaller
Well... Congrats on her weight... And sorry about your loss.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #212  
start IP 3-3-13

S/C/G: 282/238/200

Height: 6'1

Lol
billbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
I am happy with my 3 pounds a week. I do extra meat each day. I look at this as a total change of lifestyle, if it takes longer. I will just be more used to eating correctly.
Everyone have a great week.
My coach said if your going to cheat, cheat with protein or an extra non-restricted package.

When ever I go out of ketosis, I get a headache. So I have a built in mechanism to stay on plan.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
My coach said if your going to cheat, cheat with protein or an extra non-restricted package.

When ever I go out of ketosis, I get a headache. So I have a built in mechanism to stay on plan.
Yes I agree on the extra meat. I am going to go to 2 meals a day at some point. I am too active for only one per day.
knel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #215  
start IP 3-3-13

S/C/G: 282/238/200

Height: 6'1

wi in today...8 pounds more down
billbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #216  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
wi in today...8 pounds more down
Wow that is a huge drop this far in!!

I had a weird week last week. I was up and down in weight for the first time. I have kinda got back on track during the weekend and had a great "naked WI" of 236 this morning. I have a WI this Wednesday and if I can figure a way to break 240 I'll be thrilled! Like Kit I have been "cheating" with a bit of extra protein. My other "cheat" has been a bit of sodium reduced ketchup with my turkey burgers etc and diet dressings with my salads. I simply can't stomach the WF stuff anymore!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday,
Well, guess I should clarify. I have during the work week, 2 sausage patties for breakfast, and then skip my protein drink. For lunch I usually have a salad with veggies, for dinner I cook veggies and have a bit more than 8 oz of meat. In the evening, I have restricted SW chip thingies, or the caramel bar. If I have extra protein, I skip a IP protein.
I am going with "modification" not cheating. I know that doing protein works for me, so I select it, over something that is not on the list.

I am with you on the WF salad dressing, I use them but have to kick them up a bit, you some favor, heavens even a little flavor. My favorite way to to mix the bacon ranch with green salsa, or a little soy sauce or some Tabasco.

I am NOT going to call my self a purest, but I am using IP as my main guide line, I know that this is going to be a long drawn out process, and such is how it is. I have a total of 131 pound to loose and the fact I am half way there in 14 weeks, is a total thrill for me.

Last edited by kitcamper; 04-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #218  

Checking in! I have been going every two weeks to my appointments now. Losing about 8-9lbs each WI so around 4-4.5 a week. I had my first stray from the diet last Friday. Wife got a job so we went to our favorite restaurant and split a salad and some falafel. I was on the verge so with the news of her new job and myself going over the 60lb loss mark I decided it was time for a small treat. Surprisingly enough I stayed in Ketosis and have been back on track ever since.

Still got a ways to go. Time to muscle through this spring/summer!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

WI tomorrow and I may be facing my first goose egg.... No cheats, but I have battled allergies with so much pollen in Georgia. My goal was to be at 200 but naked scales say 202. This weekend will be in Miami for a convention and I was looking forward to having some of the P1 pressure off but it looks like that wont happen.
I will still be looking good on the beach!
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
... if I can figure a way to break 240 I'll be thrilled! ... I simply can't stomach the WF stuff anymore!!
Last week we were both here with that same wish. Both hoping to break that 250/240 mark. Like you the Naked scale said 246 this morning. Will it be enough?

The gym at the company I work for is packed in the morning now. The reason that is important to me is I wanted to take a picture of the clunker scale. Today I moved the fifty pound weight to 200, not 250. I am a simple guy, little victories! I wanted to take a picture, but cell phone cameras in locker rooms are frowned upon, and it was packed.

Laying in bed, I felt a bump on my chest, scared me until I realized it was my sternum.

I have extra protein simply because I work out. Today Sgt Torture was extra tough on us. I can't believe I pay someone to torture me.

I can't stand the WF stuff anymore either. The wife can only stand the Blue Cheese one.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 6'

First WI today and I am hoping for 10 lbs but settle for 8. Doing good even with extra protein (Premier shakes from costco).

{Edit} First weigh in was 13 lbs in 10 days!

Last edited by knel; 04-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.
knel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #222  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

I have been monitoring for a couple weeks now. I have never dieted before. Lost weight just eating better, but it got out of control, and I am older now. Started IP on 3/22 and have had two weigh-ins. First week down 10.6, second week down 5.

I originally read the literature and was hoping for close to 7 lbs a week. I admit that I am unsure about the results. I did caloric calculations for myself, and I think I should lose 3.5 lbs a week, just via calorie deficiencies. So, it seems like I should lose more than that or this isn't really working.

This weekend I had to go to Island Park (I know, feel bad for me). But the problem was that the market there burned down, and as a result, I didn't get veggies in, but I also still didn't cheat. I also missed a packet Sunday evening.

Next WI on Thursday, but my weight loss isn't looking great this week -- maybe due to not being exact on the protocol. I expect it will be around 3-4 lbs.

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself, I'm not much for sharing personal things, usually, but I hoped someone could answer respond to some of my concerns and thoughts.
jbwray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #223  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My wife has lost 15+ pounds to...her boobs and butt are getting smaller
I am still laughing about this post, too funny.

Sorry that is happening to her. We men are lucky because Dr. Oz says that we gain an inch for every 35 lbs lost!! (Seriously, it makes sense that if you loose fat in your lower belly area something will be more visible down there)
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #224  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwray View Post
I have been monitoring for a couple weeks now. I have never dieted before. Lost weight just eating better, but it got out of control, and I am older now. Started IP on 3/22 and have had two weigh-ins. First week down 10.6, second week down 5.

I originally read the literature and was hoping for close to 7 lbs a week. I admit that I am unsure about the results. =
You're at 7.8lbs a week right now (you average the loss). They've been revising their literature so the old "3-7lbs a week" is no longer touted by IP. If you stick to the protocol it will work but weight loss is not linear so don't expect a steady decline of x-lbs per week. You might not lose anything one week but have a drop in inches which still equates to a loss. Try not to focus too much on a scale number and just let the program work for you.

Welcome to the Men's Club.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #225  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
We men are lucky because Dr. Oz says that we gain an inch for every 35 lbs lost!! (Seriously, it makes sense that if you loose fat in your lower belly area something will be more visible down there)
I'd always heard it was for every 20lbs lost. I feel robbed now!
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote