3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277965-men-ip-vol-5-a.html)

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 08:46 AM

Men on IP Vol 5

Hey guys. Thought I would bring in the new thread.

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadedge (Post 4673222)
Hi Guys!!! I made it back from my cruise!

Well, as expected staying OP on a 9 day cruise is pretty much an impossibility! Even though I ate a fraction of what I would normally have done

Although it was only 9 days I really missed the whole "ritual" of my IP diet. I missed the constant updating of "myfitnesspal.com" and my daily checking of 3FC and seeing how all you guys are making out! One thing that I found was although I had instant access to every yummy thing out there, I certainly didn't crave any of it and I actually felt rather nauseous if I ate more than a little bit.

Glad you made it back.

Here in Phase IV I hard a hard time eating the proper way, so I usually do what you did on the cruise, I just eat a portion of what I used to eat. I do my best to stay away from foods I know that go straight to my belly and this seems to keep things in check pretty much.

I can understand, and totally relate, to you saying how you missed the 'ritual' of Phase I. This program really rocks and is so simple. I was really surprised at how dependent I became to Phase I. To quote Prince: "Things are much harder in the afterworld" LOL Cutting those strings of Phase I and being accountable to yourself, not a coach as much, is something I have to work on most of the time.

GoBears60 03-19-2013 09:31 AM

Purchase several XL winter shirts from the 75% off (and the wife had an additional 30% off coupon) from Carson Pirie Scott on Saturday. Big deal who cares you say? This is where this gets interesting. I work out on Tuesday and Thursday (Shhh it’s our secret, don’t tell my coach). There are 3 of us that chip in for a personal trainer:barbell:. If one of us drops out he won’t do it. So it’s like I get 8 sessions for the price of 1, but I digress. Back to the story IPMWPSU(IP members who Pee standing up).

So after Sgt Torture gets done with us:stress:, I take a shower here at work. Well guess what? The new shirt I took today was a Large not an Extra Large. It is a smidge tight, but not skin tight. I can’t believe it! It’s the little things in life…:D:dancer:

kitcamper 03-19-2013 11:00 AM

Thanks, JW for the new thread, we are just pumping alone here. :broc:

I got home yesterday and thought I would, just for the heck of it try on some of the sweat shirts I had stacked up. Yippie, I was able to fit the XL, with plenty of room. So, this morning I get bold and try on the next size down pants, they fit too.
I am just a dancing fool today, humming all morning "don't worry be happy".
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

usmcvet 03-19-2013 11:23 AM

Hey everyone. Day two of my re start. Feeling good. Made my wife my last IP Herb and Cheese omelette with mushrooms. I made one for myself with egg whites. I hope you all have a great day.

OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)

kitcamper 03-19-2013 11:28 AM

Welcome back on the wagon...hehehe USMC
JW from my height, looks just fine.

usmcvet 03-19-2013 02:40 PM

I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4673718)
OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)

HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. ;) Now where did that pot of gold go......?

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4674010)
I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!

I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees. :devil:

usmcvet 03-19-2013 02:56 PM

A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4674052)
A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

What can I say,I try. :D

Awesome, that's a pretty good response to all of your other comments. I love little kids and hugs from them, especially when unexpected, are the best thing in the world. Next to a good ol' lick from the puppy. ;)

M35A2 03-19-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesselle (Post 4674036)
HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. ;) Now where did that pot of gold go......?

You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesselle (Post 4674040)
I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees. :devil:

Same here. It was 94 yesterday and dropped down today to about 89. Maybe Spring will come tomorrow and we can get some cooler temps.

jwdesselle 03-19-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35A2 (Post 4674107)
You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!

As my best buddy says..."You ain't NEVER lied!", meaning, you are right. :halffull:

A1Texan 03-20-2013 09:48 AM

Bump forward for the guys

GoBears60 03-20-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4675078)
Bump forward for the guys

Do you have plans to stay in Onederland?