Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #76  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone39 View Post
Had my weigh in a few days ago for Week 3. I am down 18 lbs. This is by far the best diet.
Great work tbone. That's averaging 6 lbs a week. I wished mine would fall like that

It really works and once you get used to a routine it will become second nature.
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard777 View Post
I have just started feeling good enough to even think of doing anything active. I work from home and sit all day on the phone and all my summers have consisted of sitting in a lawn chair watching my boys games eating jumbo hotdogs and drinking diet coke. I think I actually thought the diet coke was eating the calories from all I was eating Is your profile picture a 68 beetle? My dad has a 68 convertable sitting in his garage and I have been wanting to get it fixed up. I used to play alot of catch with my boys but I started losing my sight and they turned into teenagers and now it is hard to see an 85mph fastball or curveball coming. Enjoy the ages of your son each stage is so much fun. How did you determine your goal weight? Mine is 190 because that is what I weighed in 6th grade and in 7th grade I started getting called fatty by the older kids when I weighed 200.
Hey Buzz! My 8 year old can zip it pretty good but if we let fly with an 85mph fastball my wife would be wheeling me into the hospital!

Goal weight, I have learned is a real personal thing. I just know that between 210-220 I look in great shape. I played football at 192 (too skinny) but those were the "eat 3 Big Macs and not gain an ounce days". I am pretty tall and broad so even at 246 I'm getting there. 210-220 is my dream and I'm enjoying this so much it works as a good goal for me! I like your reasoning on 190. It would be fun when you get there to look up some of those kids who used to call you "fatty". I would expect the tables would be turned!

The girl in my pic is "Scarlett". She is a 1963 bug. She had a facelift last year (new paint). I had a '68 called "Lucille" who was nice but not nearly as pretty as Scarlett. I've also had a '72 Super Beetle that was a complete junker. Scarlett is a beautiful girl. She never talks back (except the odd backfire) and always starts first time. She is my third child!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #78  

Good WI today...I lost 5lbs. I was happy with a good rebound from the vacation.

I wanted that 40lbs gone mark but hey, 39 ain't bad.

Feels great to be joining Kit in "twofiftyderland"! C'mon GoBears and MP we need you guys here too!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #79  

Quote:
Is your profile picture a 68 beetle? My dad has a 68 convertable sitting in his garage and I have been wanting to get it fixed up.
My friend Dave, who works on my bug with me, is restoring his '68 convertible right now! Those mid-early 'verts are very, very nice. Depends how much work they are but they are usually worth it to fix. If your channels are good, I'd go for it. If you have to take the body off the "frame" do your research because they need to be well supported or the body will fold up like an accordion!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

I have continued with exercise since day 1. The reason was not because I am holier then thou, but because of the good deal we have with a personal trainer here at my job. He will exercise the **** out of three of us, twice a week for only 60 bucks a month. But only if there is three of us. I tried in vain to get someone to take my place during IP, but Sgt Torture has a reputation that wimps need not apply. This is not cardio. I sometimes have an extra packet after the exercise. At 6:00 am eating is the furthest thing from my mind before the torture session begins. I have not been giving it my all, but just try to get through it. I did try one cardio class that is held on Wednesday. I was ready to pass out within 10 minutes, so until I get further along in the phase’s intense cardio is out. When I over do it, I get grumpy, hungry and lethargic. Usually having more salt, more water and a extra packet will cure all that. My coach (who is a former personal trainer) is always worried about my muscle mass, and water intake. Of course I am always worried about the lack of poop.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #81  
Buzz

S/C/G: 267/213/190

Height: 6-2

Default packet use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
There's a lot of variables in that question. How many are you using now? How much excercise do you plan on doing? Are you using Restricteds?

Another non-restricted packet is only going to add 80-150 calories to your total amount. That's not likely to slow things down too much.

Some clinics have people on 4-5 packets to begin with but the standard daily amount is 3 packets then your meat and veggies. My coach suggested I add an additional packet per day because the (highly inaccurate) meter said I was losing too much lean mass. I'm going to do it for a week and see if there is any difference and if not go back to 3/day.
Currently I am taking 3 packets per day and eating 1 restricted per week. As far as exercise I would like to ride bike or walk an hour at a 4.5 walking pace. I think I will add a packet when the snow leaves and see how it goes. I currently walk for 15 minutes at lunch time but I dont think it is helping.
Buzzard777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #82  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Will an extra packet slow the weightloss?
Too many variables, like M35A2 said. Depends on your size, height/weight, and activity level. I'm really short at 5'4" and have a computer job, little activity, and was told to only have 3 packets. My partner is bigger at 6'0" and our coach told him to have 4 packets/day just due to his size.

So, like I said earlier, depending on how much activity/working out you plan to do, listen to your body. Good luck, sorry I don't really have any concrete answers.

John
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #83  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Default My turn?

Ok, I want to rent 2 minutes in the pitty party wagon. While getting dressed for work this morning I had to pull a little harder on my pants to get them buttoned. These are pants I was super excited to buy when I hit my goal. I know the weekend of National Guard duty totally screwed up any attempt for me to eat correctly. I'll be able to slip into these pants easily again, but today I'm worried about the 9 month deployment to Cuba. If one weekend of not thinking adds a little lbs to me, what is going to happen during those 9 months.

I need to go shopping somewhere and get an extra large box of self control.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #84  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Ok, I want to rent 2 minutes in the pitty party wagon. While getting dressed for work this morning I had to pull a little harder on my pants to get them buttoned. These are pants I was super excited to buy when I hit my goal. I know the weekend of National Guard duty totally screwed up any attempt for me to eat correctly. I'll be able to slip into these pants easily again, but today I'm worried about the 9 month deployment to Cuba. If one weekend of not thinking adds a little lbs to me, what is going to happen during those 9 months.

I need to go shopping somewhere and get an extra large box of self control.
Nine months of eating SOS will really do a number on you. Hopefully you won't be required to take the little tan baggie for lunch or dinner. I know they've cut back on the calories some compared to the old dark brown MREs but they're still not any where near OP.

Now if you're hitting the Class 6 store every night then you'll need that box of self control. It's on the shelf right next to the box of grid squares and cans of track tension.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Nine months of eating SOS will really do a number on you. Hopefully you won't be required to take the little tan baggie for lunch or dinner. I know they've cut back on the calories some compared to the old dark brown MREs but they're still not any where near OP.

Now if you're hitting the Class 6 store every night then you'll need that box of self control. It's on the shelf right next to the box of grid squares and cans of track tension.
Off topic warning

I hate to date myself, but c-rations that came with a 4 pack of cigarettes and about 4 John Wayn can-opners came with each case. I think a week of IP doesn't equal the calories of one of those.
BTW when I was in Viet Nam, a carton (NOT A PACK) was $1.15. You couldn't afford not to smoke

Last edited by GoBears60; 03-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #86  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Off topic warning

I hate to date myself, but c-rations that came with a 4 pack of cigarettes and about 4 John Wayn can-opners came with each case. I think a week of IP doesn't equal the calories of one of those.
BTW when I was in Viet Nam, a carton (NOT A PACK) was $1.15. You couldn't afford not to smoke
I went in just as they were transitioning from C-rats to MREs. I still have a P38 (can opener) on my key chain (canned peaches were the best!). The older style MREs had about 3000 calories each but that included the sugar packet, creamer, salt/pepper, and every other item except the wrapper. Cigarettes were a thing of the past by the '80s.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Great job Tbone, it is amazing how it comes off. Pushing -60 here, the last 10 took forever (not really just seemed like it).
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #88  
start IP 3-3-13

S/C/G: 282/238/200

Height: 6'1

well me cheating friday had me hover at the 260 mark saturday and sunday....just weighed myself and was 256....guess the ketosis kicked back in!!!!!!
billbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone39 View Post
Had my weigh in a few days ago for Week 3. I am down 18 lbs. This is by far the best diet.
Way to go Tbone!
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown72 View Post
well me cheating friday had me hover at the 260 mark saturday and sunday....just weighed myself and was 256....guess the ketosis kicked back in!!!!!!
Bill,
I am always surprised how quickly I can swing 3-4 lbs. never been able to get a handle on why. Always spend a couple of days kicking myself if I am not 100%
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote