Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #181  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown72 View Post
hello all, chugging right along...week 5 down almost to the 30 mark
That is awesome, Bill! 6lbs/week is flying!!! One more week to twofiftyderland!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 6'

Thanks for the tips on vegetable purees that is a great idea. Tried some EAS Carb Control shakes today and was very pleased with the flavor and price
knel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 304/249/170

Height: 5'7"

Looking for some tips from you guys with the 5 or 6 lbs per week weight loss.

I was hoping to lose 4 to 5 lbs per week when I started IP and I have been 100% OP. But I'm only losing about 3 lbs per week on average, and some of the other guys like M35 seem to be in the same boat. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
mpstaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/220

Height: 6'3"

Mpstaton, I have done some exercise, basketball with my son and neighbor kids, threw batting practice the other day. Got on the naked scale and was at 253, WI last week was 263. So I think 30 minutes of exercise 3-4x a week should shed the pounds.
Chaz7887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstaton View Post

I was hoping to lose 4 to 5 lbs per week when I started IP and I have been 100% OP. But I'm only losing about 3 lbs per week on average, and some of the other guys like M35 seem to be in the same boat. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Three reason weight the loss has slowed down.
1. Your metabolism slows down, carbs are not readily available.
2. You are not carrying around more weight as you use to. As for me my loss is 45 pounds. I should go down to the gym and get a 45 pound plate from the exercise room and put it in a back-pack and carry it around all day.—not
3. Fat cells are a mystery, if you google fat storage you will find a lot of conflicting opinions. Based on my reading this is what I think is occurring. It is a well known fact that 95% of the people gain their weight back within 5 years. Why is that? IMHO as we gain weight we add more fat cells. Those fat cells never die until we die. So now that I have reduced the storage of those fat cells, they make exercise harder in that I know when I really push myself while being pure IP, I can get miserably hungry right after, and I seem to want more food for about 2 days. Plus exercise causes the muscles to hold water, further frustrating the dieter. I think way back on the man thread in January, someone wrote his brother took a 2 week vacation from IP and gained 20 pounds! All those starving fat cells bloated up. I bet he didn't take it off in 2 weeks once he got back on IP.

4. Older people tend to loose a lot slower then younger people. At least that is what I have seen watching the "Biggest Loser"

I think there is a reason they only recommend slight stretching and walking. As a gym rat, I find that males like to pump iron and run and play sports. Females like cardio and stretching classes.

I also think the IP marketing people exaggerated the weight per week claim.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #186  
start IP 3-3-13

S/C/G: 282/238/200

Height: 6'1

Everybody is different...I've lost almost 30 the first month my wife has lost 12..her problem wasn't she ate bad just only ate once or twice...your body will kick in with losing more but could take a while...pay more attention to inches vs weight
billbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #187  
start IP 3-3-13

My naked weight should be in the 240's before wi Monday!!!!!!naked weight was 250.2 this morning before work...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #188  
start IP 3-3-13

I am thinking of changing my goal to 200...I have a very large frame...wide in shoulders and thick in chest...in my weight lifting days I was 215 but very cut up, but that is what got me in this predicament.(herniated some disks acting a dumba$$ in gym)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #189  
start IP 3-3-13

Problem is I kept eating like I did when I was lifting and instead of feeding muscles it fed the gut lol...should have paid more attention to every time wife passing me she would rub my belly and call me Buddha
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

I hit one of my first goals - 50lbs. this week.. a little less than half way. Keep up the good work guys. @mpstaton, I started off avg 5/wk but have been up and down last couple weeks.. 6lbs to 2lbs. As long as you are losing, its all good.
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #191  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success is Messy View Post
Met a referral for coffee this morning. Neither of us had ever met and could not put our finger on eachothers cell numbers. After about 30 minutes of squirming a young gentleman approaches me holding an iPhone. "Are you Scott?" Yes Jason glad to meet you." He turns the phone and shows my my LinkedIn profile picture and states, "you must take a new picture! How old is this one?" "6 months". Turns phone around looks for a long moment, "so how much weight have you lost?" Best thing to happen in a few days.
Wow, this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knel View Post
Doing good so far, 4 days in, less fatigued today than yesterday.

How do you guys manage to get all your vegetables- steamed? grilled? soups?
Fatigue hit me hard the first week or so, body gets used to the program, hang in there.

I never was a veggie eater so I ended up putting 4-5 cups of fresh spinach in a blender with about 16 oz water. Blend it up until it was all liquid. Then, I would either put in some Mio just to give it some flavor, or if I wanted another IP packet, I would put in the chocolate pudding. If you do the pudding, put it in last and only for a little bit, otherwise you will cause so many air bubbles it will be a little difficult to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Yep! Here's a Before and Not After But In Process photo.
Looking awesome! I printed a side by side photo and hung it at my desk. Kept me motivated.

Quote:

I think my first week I actually lost about 9 lbs. (I still say "Wow, how much trash weight was I carrying") But then it tapered to average about 3 lbs a week. But, most important thing is that I reached my goal. You can do it. Some people are just lucky and loose it faster. I feel for all the women on this program because we men tend to loose it quicker than they do.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Quote:

Wow your 52 lbs is amazing. I asked someone today, "Do you personally know anyone who has lost more than 50 lbs?" The answer for most is no. Slow and steady wins the race.

One thing I notice is I lose weight during sleep. Weighing before bed and when I get up I will drop 3 lbs most days. The more I sleep the more I loose. Robb Wolf wrote in the book "The Paleo Solution" about the hormones produced by sleep and there importance in weight loss. He suggest 9 hours a night in a completely dark room. Not even a light from an alarm clock. I find a difference in the 3 lb nightly drop when I don't get 9 hours. Just a suggestion to monitor.

Lets take a poll. Reply with your avg weekly weight loss and avg nightly sleep and let's see if there is a pattern.

5lb avg per week. 9 hours of sleep
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #193  
start IP 3-3-13

5-6 pounds a week...5-6 hrs sleep on average...shift work and insomnia=ambien
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 304/249/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the insight on rate of weight loss gentlemen. I appreciate all of the comments.

Success - The sleep thing is interesting and I will do a little extra reading on it. I do get 9 hours a night and my average is right at 3 lbs since day one, but maybe I can benefit from more darkness in the room.
mpstaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
I never was a veggie eater so I ended up putting 4-5 cups of fresh spinach in a blender with about 16 oz water. Blend it up until it was all liquid. Then, I would either put in some Mio just to give it some flavor, or if I wanted another IP packet, I would put in the chocolate pudding. If you do the pudding, put it in last and only for a little bit, otherwise you will cause so many air bubbles it will be a little difficult to drink.
Thanks for the tip I got a Nutribullet blender which was kind of expensive but works really well. I need to start blending in veggies with my packets!

First attempt at crock pot veggie soup was a failure, not enough seasoning, too much chicken broth, cooked too long
knel is offline   Reply With Quote