Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hope everyone's having a great 100% day! I was on staycation from work last week, and last night was my first one back. I guess the difference in my shape was noticeable even after a week - a few people were saying "boy you're teeny now!" I do NOT feel teeny - but I'll take the compliment!! A few were saying that every time they come into work they almost don't recognize me

still tossing around the idea of phasing off for the holidays. I am confident that I COULD stay 100% on phase 1 straight through - but this has been a really tough year for my family and we are really making an effort to relax and enjoy each other through the holidays. I definitely don't NEED to have certain foods or drink to enjoy my family time - but the idea of planning "fun" days around holiday celebrations and just being able to let loose is appealing. I haven't made any firm decisions yet, going to see where my losses stand at the end of the month and go from there.
Are you talking about taking November and December off or just some of those days around the holidays?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #227  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
LOL thanks for the vote of confidence I've been reading the reboot thread just so I know what I'd be getting into if that's the way I decide to go, so thankful this forum has people in all stages of the diet to learn from!
I'm thankful too. The maintainer thread is wonderful too. The experiences here are such an inspiration; especially those who have faltered and then got back on. If it weren't for this forum, there is no way I could have done this diet on my own. So much wonderful information here!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #228  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Down 2 pounds yesterday. My Dr office is were I have to go for my weigh in. Well she comes up to me and shouting so loud how great I look so happy. Love this program staying 100 percent pays off. WUV you look amazing
Thank you
Quote:
Hope everyone's having a great 100% day! I was on staycation from work last week, and last night was my first one back. I guess the difference in my shape was noticeable even after a week - a few people were saying "boy you're teeny now!" I do NOT feel teeny - but I'll take the compliment!! A few were saying that every time they come into work they almost don't recognize me

still tossing around the idea of phasing off for the holidays. I am confident that I COULD stay 100% on phase 1 straight through - but this has been a really tough year for my family and we are really making an effort to relax and enjoy each other through the holidays. I definitely don't NEED to have certain foods or drink to enjoy my family time - but the idea of planning "fun" days around holiday celebrations and just being able to let loose is appealing. I haven't made any firm decisions yet, going to see where my losses stand at the end of the month and go from there.
I am going to say this to you.... I went through the holidays last year staying on plan, This was My thought for it, All of the food that was being served is the SAME food we have every year. I know what it ALL taste like and YES I LOVE EVERY BITE OF IT....BUT....it will be there NEXT year. I focused on being around my family, making memories and enjoying my time at home. Thanksgiving and Christmas is supposed to be about family, NOT about the food or anything else. Thanksgivng is suppose to be about giving thanks to what has happen to us through out the year, NOT about the food. Spending time with family and enjoying the company. Same with Christmas, its about FAMILY, not the gifts we recieve or the FOOD...but having the family all together. Sometimes we forget the REAL meaning of the holidays and focus on FOOD....think really hard about phasing off...will it be worth is to prolong getting to your goal for 2 months? Or you know you could stay OP and be at your goal for New year's.....how awesome would that be, to start the NEW YEAR at your GOAL with a NEW YOU????
Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #229  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Are you talking about taking November and December off or just some of those days around the holidays?
IF it were something I decided to do, I'd do the full phase off and be in maintenance through December. I feel like it would do more harm trying to take "days" here and there as opposed to being in the maintenance mindframe and planning my "fun" days around family events and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you

I am going to say this to you.... I went through the holidays last year staying on plan, This was My thought for it, All of the food that was being served is the SAME food we have every year. I know what it ALL taste like and YES I LOVE EVERY BITE OF IT....BUT....it will be there NEXT year. I focused on being around my family, making memories and enjoying my time at home. Thanksgiving and Christmas is supposed to be about family, NOT about the food or anything else. Thanksgivng is suppose to be about giving thanks to what has happen to us through out the year, NOT about the food. Spending time with family and enjoying the company. Same with Christmas, its about FAMILY, not the gifts we recieve or the FOOD...but having the family all together. Sometimes we forget the REAL meaning of the holidays and focus on FOOD....think really hard about phasing off...will it be worth is to prolong getting to your goal for 2 months? Or you know you could stay OP and be at your goal for New year's.....how awesome would that be, to start the NEW YEAR at your GOAL with a NEW YOU????
LOL and your voice is the one in my head that says "just wait and see how you feel at the end of the month - you might feel better just pushing through"! And you're absolutely right, the food is not the point of the holidays - it's a decision I'm definitely not settled on and still weighing out (no pun intended!)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #230  

Quote:
IF it were something I decided to do, I'd do the full phase off and be in maintenance through December. I feel like it would do more harm trying to take "days" here and there as opposed to being in the maintenance mindframe and planning my "fun" days around family events and such.

LOL and your voice is the one in my head that says "just wait and see how you feel at the end of the month - you might feel better just pushing through"! And you're absolutely right, the food is not the point of the holidays - it's a decision I'm definitely not settled on and still weighing out (no pun intended!)
you have ONLY yes ONLY 34lbs to goal....Just push through it!!...YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thank you, I am changing daily its crazy, but I LOVE IT....lol
Look at the collar bones in the new one!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Look at the collar bones in the new one!!!
I know crazy right?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #233  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Wuv makes a great arguement regarding the value of family, and enjoying ech others company, etc. and as always she is right!! Most of my family stinks, so if we do ever get together, the food is the actual value, so for this one time only, I cannot agree with Wuv, BUT...only because we have such a screwed up family...

I do want to offer a different reason or opinion though...When I started the plan, I had an original goal of 50# but had no idea what my goal should be as I had always carried close to the same weight. When I lost 35#, my wife and I and my coach all agreed that this was a good place to stop, I felt great, looked ok, and was happy with the new weight. I was going on a long holiday and knew sensible eating would be hard (for me, i know others do it), so I phased off with plans of MAYBE going further at a later date. For me the initial loss was huge, and when I came out of ketosis I immediately gained 7#, not the 3-5# that most do. Still no big deal, but after test-driving this new weight, I did decide that I wanted to lose more. I have been off the plan now for over a month and re-starting is the hardest thing I have ever tried. I have to agree with Wuv, stick it through, hit your goal, you will be so thankful you did...
Old 10-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #234  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Wuv makes a great arguement regarding the value of family, and enjoying ech others company, etc. and as always she is right!! Most of my family stinks, so if we do ever get together, the food is the actual value, so for this one time only, I cannot agree with Wuv, BUT...only because we have such a screwed up family...

I do want to offer a different reason or opinion though...When I started the plan, I had an original goal of 50# but had no idea what my goal should be as I had always carried close to the same weight. When I lost 35#, my wife and I and my coach all agreed that this was a good place to stop, I felt great, looked ok, and was happy with the new weight. I was going on a long holiday and knew sensible eating would be hard (for me, i know others do it), so I phased off with plans of MAYBE going further at a later date. For me the initial loss was huge, and when I came out of ketosis I immediately gained 7#, not the 3-5# that most do. Still no big deal, but after test-driving this new weight, I did decide that I wanted to lose more. I have been off the plan now for over a month and re-starting is the hardest thing I have ever tried. I have to agree with Wuv, stick it through, hit your goal, you will be so thankful you did...
Thanks for the input I've definitely been paying attention to the Reboot thread, and I know that the second time around tends to be more difficult, mentally AND physically. I'm a hyper analytical person so I don't make any decisions without looking at it from all sides! At this point it's still a ball I'm tossing around, not something I've settled on
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #235  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Thanks for the input I've definitely been paying attention to the Reboot thread, and I know that the second time around tends to be more difficult, mentally AND physically. I'm a hyper analytical person so I don't make any decisions without looking at it from all sides! At this point it's still a ball I'm tossing around, not something I've settled on
Im a big believer that you have to 'listen' to your body, and generally we know what is 'right' for us as individuals.

However...Im a bigger believer in 'Wuv is right, listen to her even when it doesnt make sense' lol

I asked a similar question to yours before I phased off for holidays, and Wuv gave me 312 reasons why NOT to do it, I didnt listen, and today wish I had. I made all the excuses in the world, from deprivation to wanting to have a drink, to being un-familiar with US food (total lie to myself as Im in the US all the time), and I did so enjoy the food and drinks, but looking back I would have been just fine without, and past my goal and into maint by now. Instead, I am still struggling to get back onto plan, for another 20#...

The great thing about this site is that you will get support either way, I just wanted to offer the view from the choice I made.

Best of luck in your decision.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #236  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

My daughter announced that she is going paleo, so we're excited to be planning a paleo Thanksgiving next month. I'm thinking asparagus, green beans, rutabagas, turkey... Things we can both enjoy. I'll just have the dark chocolate pudding instead of my usual chocolate cream pie.

We've never really been excited about food at my house for the holidays...probably because we're pretty blah cooks! Now the cookies and candies are a whole different story. I'm counting on ketosis to help me say no to those. I will probably be very close or be at my goal weight, but I may hang on and not phase off until after the holidays just to have that extra bit of will power.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #237  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you

I want to second what you wrote here. I started the week after Thanksgiving. I made it through Christmas, New Year, Mardi Gras King Cake season, Valentine's Day, Easter and a whole bunch of birthdays without cheating. The food isn't the important thing about these celebrations, spending time with friends and family is what matters. Now, another Thanksgiving is approaching. I weigh 116 pounds less than I did last year at this time, and to be quite honest, the holidays aren't about the food for me anymore. I don't see myself over-indulging in anything. I am going to enjoy spending time with my family.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #238  
Reboot 9/2014

And this is why I love this thread, and this forum
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #239  

Scorbett

Everyone loves you and wants you to get to goal, ESPECIALLY with only 23 more lbs to go...(I think the others amt stated was a typo).

But...know that you will be supported in whatever decision you make & it will be the right one for you (I love the idea of ushering in the New Year in a new little black dress at goal--but that's just me )

We know you're giving it lots of thought if you're already talking about it. Don't stress over it too much...stress raises cortisol levels which reduces weight loss
Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Im a big believer that you have to 'listen' to your body, and generally we know what is 'right' for us as individuals.

However...Im a bigger believer in 'Wuv is right, listen to her even when it doesnt make sense' lol

I asked a similar question to yours before I phased off for holidays, and Wuv gave me 312 reasons why NOT to do it, I didnt listen, and today wish I had. I made all the excuses in the world, from deprivation to wanting to have a drink, to being un-familiar with US food (total lie to myself as Im in the US all the time), and I did so enjoy the food and drinks, but looking back I would have been just fine without, and past my goal and into maint by now. Instead, I am still struggling to get back onto plan, for another 20#...

The great thing about this site is that you will get support either way, I just wanted to offer the view from the choice I made.

Best of luck in your decision.
thank you
Lisa is correct, the decision is up to YOU, and we will support you no matter which you choose!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-16-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Closed Thread