Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #256  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am so glad to know that I am in so many of y'all heads. I guess I have been around long enough to make and leave impressions on everyone....lol...

Darbs welcome back

I am happy to report that I am ONE pound CLOSER to goal, I loss 1.1 lbs today making my total 198lbs now! AND I weighed in with JEANS so I am sure I loss more but it will show next week so I am not worried
That is so awesome...I admire how strong you have been right through this over a year...that is great.

I feel the best I have in a long time. Maintenance is tough tough tough...it plays with your emotions big time. Let's see how well I do over the next 18 months of maintenance...fingers crossed I am never in this situation again. I guess I should have spent more time and effort listening to those in maintenance before...of course so many of them I am still in touch with, but unfortunately most have put back on a significant amount of weight...sad but true. I WILL NOT JOIN those ranks...I will not....I will not.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #257  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

I'm so glad the conversation of phasing off for the holidays has come up. I had basically resolved to push through at 100%, but had wondered "what if?" and "could I?" Um, no. I know from my own past experience that it would be a VERY slippery slope for me, and would be difficult to get back on track. I see from these posts, that I'm not alone. Wuv is so right, that all those same food will be there next year. I've always been so preoccupied at the holidays about what I would eat, or make for this event or that. It will be different this year. I want my family to enjoy traditional things, but I'm also excited to modify other things to be IP friendly.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #258  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I'm so glad the conversation of phasing off for the holidays has come up. I had basically resolved to push through at 100%, but had wondered "what if?" and "could I?" Um, no. I know from my own past experience that it would be a VERY slippery slope for me, and would be difficult to get back on track. I see from these posts, that I'm not alone. Wuv is so right, that all those same food will be there next year. I've always been so preoccupied at the holidays about what I would eat, or make for this event or that. It will be different this year. I want my family to enjoy traditional things, but I'm also excited to modify other things to be IP friendly.
I can tell you from experience that when you phase off just for a "bit" it gets REALLY hard to get back on. I figured it was different for other people, but most people have had a hard time getting back on & staying on it. I got off in April and I've been trying to get back on and STAY on ever since. It's been a rough road for the past year, but I'm FINALLY in a good spot to start back I believe

you CAN stay on plan, YOU just have to want it! the holiday food WILL be there next year in moderation That's what I keep telling myself lol so I thought it may help you.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #259  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I can tell you from experience that when you phase off just for a "bit" it gets REALLY hard to get back on. I figured it was different for other people, but most people have had a hard time getting back on & staying on it. I got off in April and I've been trying to get back on and STAY on ever since. It's been a rough road for the past year, but I'm FINALLY in a good spot to start back I believe

you CAN stay on plan, YOU just have to want it! the holiday food WILL be there next year in moderation That's what I keep telling myself lol so I thought it may help you.
You can do it Miranda!!! I know you can!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #260  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

[QUOTE=Longhorn Energy;4499552]Wuv makes a great arguement regarding the value of family, and enjoying ech others company, etc. and as always she is right!! Most of my family stinks, so if we do ever get together, the food is the actual value, so for this one time only, I cannot agree with Wuv, BUT...only because we have such a screwed up family...]

OMG -- I think we're related! That comment just made me laugh out loud (and I was laughing WITH you, not AT you Longhorn!)...

I've really needed to read these posts too. I made it through Canadian Thanksgiving okay but I did not do well the last two weeks, and it has definitely been hard to "regroup". I start well every day, but .... needless to say, keep going if you can. I think I'm in a good spot to mentally regroup and get back on track, but my 2 weeks of "off plan" has cost me 9 pounds and a sore @$$ from kicking myself there so often lately!

.... Gonna go sit on a soft cushion and get my stuff together for tomorrow

Last edited by IP43; 10-17-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #261  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Maintenance is sooo scary to me. I am comfortable with phase 1 and it has been fairly easy. Adding the carbs back, being out of ketosis and dealing with the cravings makes me nervous. I feel like I am in a better place now with this diet and know that carbs are my downfall. I love my veggies and know that will help me to continue with healthy eating. I guess I'll worry about that in 15 more lbs!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #262  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Maintenance is sooo scary to me. I am comfortable with phase 1 and it has been fairly easy. Adding the carbs back, being out of ketosis and dealing with the cravings makes me nervous. I feel like I am in a better place now with this diet and know that carbs are my downfall. I love my veggies and know that will help me to continue with healthy eating. I guess I'll worry about that in 15 more lbs!
Im a major carb junkie too...and have been in 'less than maintenance' over the past 2 months or so, not following the 'plan' as I should, yet any gain which has been minimal was treated with a day to 2 days of P1 and whoosh, off it goes. I do admit though that it is more habit than actual cravings...your tastes definitley change after being on the plan. The maint diet is actually very satisfying with items like spaghetti and meat sauce/balls. And how great to have a backup plan like P1 if you get off track. I have been able to keep my weight in a 4# window, but back for round 2 now...
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #263  

Going all the way this time right Longhorn!!! ME TOO!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #264  

I am missing someone in my life here on 3fc.....and her name is....

RAINBOW!!!

Miss you and love ya gf!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #265  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Im a major carb junkie too...and have been in 'less than maintenance' over the past 2 months or so, not following the 'plan' as I should, yet any gain which has been minimal was treated with a day to 2 days of P1 and whoosh, off it goes. I do admit though that it is more habit than actual cravings...your tastes definitley change after being on the plan. The maint diet is actually very satisfying with items like spaghetti and meat sauce/balls. And how great to have a backup plan like P1 if you get off track. I have been able to keep my weight in a 4# window, but back for round 2 now...
Good luck with round two, Longhorn. I agree, having phase 1 to go back to in maintenance will help. I should be done with ph 1 around the holidays so that will make it challenging but I'll do it. I just made three batches of Oreo truffles last week and lots of pans of scotcheroo bars over the last 5 months and did not have a single lick, so I can do this!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #266  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Going all the way this time right Longhorn!!! ME TOO!!!
You got it Mom!!! Whoohoo 3 whole days under my belt haha. Funny thing is I actually enjoy the IP foods a lot...What I now realize is the 'normal' supper food is what I seem to struggle with. The whole idea of a steak without a potato is just so weird...but I did up cabbage, peppers and steak and it was just fine. I did ask my coach about eating 4 IP meals instead of the 'regular' protein at supper but she has recommended against it, and she gave me great advice the first time, so gonna listen this time too.

And yes YOU TOO!! Remember, Im not too far away to come kick ur butt haha!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I am missing someone in my life here on 3fc.....and her name is....

RAINBOW!!!

Miss you and love ya gf!!!!
Time to update the photos and show us how great you look in October! I am a fine one to talk, not brave enough to start showing pictures
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
You got it Mom!!! Whoohoo 3 whole days under my belt haha. Funny thing is I actually enjoy the IP foods a lot...What I now realize is the 'normal' supper food is what I seem to struggle with. The whole idea of a steak without a potato is just so weird...but I did up cabbage, peppers and steak and it was just fine. I did ask my coach about eating 4 IP meals instead of the 'regular' protein at supper but she has recommended against it, and she gave me great advice the first time, so gonna listen this time too.

And yes YOU TOO!! Remember, Im not too far away to come kick ur butt haha!
I'd actually love a good ol Longhorn and Wiv butt whoopin some days!!! Today I'm good though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Time to update the photos and show us how great you look in October! I am a fine one to talk, not brave enough to start showing pictures
Awwww that's sweet. I'll get one soon! But you gotta update you too!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #269  

Oh and pssssst Longhorn! I'm really excited you're back!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning and happy Thursday....roll on weekend!

Today I am treating myself to a mani-pedi before we leave on Saturday to go on our cruise. We started phasing off yesterday and I have to say it is odd and I felt guilty. It is for one week and starting on 10-29 we will be right back on track with 100% phase 1. I am a bit concerned after reading so many posts about people struggling to get back on the wagon...I hope you all will keep me lined out.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday!!!
Closed Thread