Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #346  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that I've opened my own IP clinic in Saint John, NB called Inch by Inch Weight Loss Solutions. Check me out on FB www.facebook.com/inchbyinchweightlosssolution if you want to find out more info. If you can recall, when I started IP back in September, there was no clinic here so I had to import all my products from Halifax. Now, I want to share all this with my city! I'm down 47 lbs in just under 5 months and want to "spread the love" for Ideal Protein!
How long was your training or are you still taking it?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #347  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
Thanks evepet. I believe I remember my sister trying some of the Energy-Pro products last year and saying they were really good. However I believe their protocol calls for 4 products/day which of course make 4 boxes/week. She told me that cost-wise it came to the same as IP but the variety was more to her liking. So, not really an alternative to save money, more for some variety I guess.

I was just curious to see how widespread this "takeover" was as it has now happened in my corner of Ontario and in my sister's Gatineau clinic.

If I do try their products I'll post an update.
I had in mind more just following the regular IP protocol, but using 3/day of the Pro-Energy products in lieu of the IP products. This is what those of us who use alternative products in place of IP products do, regardless of whether it's Pro-Energy, Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin, Wonderslim, Healthsmart, etc., etc. I just checked the Pro-Energy nutritional stats for several of their products, and several have 15g protein/packet, which is in line with IP. Some of them have more carbs and less protein/packet though, so you do have to check those nutritional values thoroughly. But from what I saw, it's possible to find at least 3 of their products that are nutritionally close enough that they'd make suitable alternatives, and work the protocol that way. No real reason to go up to 4 packs/day unless you want to. I've lost all but the first week of my weight loss through the use of alternative products. My blog below (link in my signature line) describes this, and gives a lot of tips about 'going alternative'.

Last edited by evepet; 03-11-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I had in mind more just following the regular IP protocol, but using 3/day of the Pro-Energy products in lieu of the IP products. This is what those of us who use alternative products in place of IP products do, regardless of whether it's Pro-Energy, Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin, Wonderslim, Healthsmart, etc., etc. I just checked the Pro-Energy nutritional stats for several of their products, and several have 15g protein/packet, which is in line with IP. Some of them have more carbs and less protein/packet though, so you do have to check those nutritional values thoroughly. But from what I saw, it's possible to find at least 3 of their products that are nutritionally close enough that they'd make suitable alternatives, and work the protocol that way. No real reason to go up to 4 packs/day unless you want to. I've lost all but the first week of my weight loss through the use of alternative products. My blog below (link in my signature line) describes this, and gives a lot of tips about 'going alternative'.
That's a great idea. I'm ready for some variety. I have bookmarked your blog and will be "visiting" lots. Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 187/179/135

Height: 5''6'

Hi everyone!

I'm starting week 4, and also looking into using alternatives products, I will make sure to check your blog evepet

Marilyn
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I'D like to bring back the discussion of price for your boxes. We have four clinics here in Sudbury ONtario and all four charge a different price for a box of seven. From 28$ to 33$. What are you paying?

Also WF prices vary from 3,50 a bottle up to 13$ depending when you go.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #351  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
I'D like to bring back the discussion of price for your boxes. We have four clinics here in Sudbury ONtario and all four charge a different price for a box of seven. From 28$ to 33$. What are you paying?

Also WF prices vary from 3,50 a bottle up to 13$ depending when you go.
Just outside Vancouver, BC here...
My coach charges $28/box or $4 a piece (don't have to buy a whole box) he also sells WF products and charges, I think, $6.50 each. He also started selling SF Toriani syrup at $10/bottle (which is way too high).

I don't know the actual prices other places in the area charge for their product, but this was the cheapest overall when I was researching websites before I called one. One place charged upwards of $550 for the first month and $450 per month after that. My place averaged out to $400/month including supplements, if you only bought what was necessary for food/supplements.

After I joined, my place started charging a $99 introductory "lifetime membership" fee. I didn't pay that. I went to a meet and greet that was a group thing that was free.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #352  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I pay $4 a packet as well but some things, like premade puddings, shakes and the premade drinks cost more
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #353  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

evepet - just want to say I enjoy your blog. Lots of great info there. Thanks for taking the time to jot things down so others can learn from your research
Old 03-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Hello,

Ha anyone found the Torani syrup in a store instead of online here in Canada and in particular Ontario?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon! Glad to have a Canadian group as there are some differences regarding ideal protein. Iam from Regina and look forward to chat with all of u
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Hello,

Ha anyone found the Torani syrup in a store instead of online here in Canada and in particular Ontario?
I found 3 bottles of the rasberry one, in the clearance section, at the Stittsville Winners, of all place! Can't say if they still stock it though as I really didn't like the stuff and threw away two unused bottles. I found it expensive and a very "watered down" flavor of what you can get just by using some MIO instead. Hope this help.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #357  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Hello,

Starbucks has it here in the West. My IP clinic also has it in stock.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

As with many of you, I'm finding the cost of IP to be extremely hard on my wallet. I love my sucess (25lbs in 6 weeks) but I am pretty much at my limit for buying the products.

So..... Alternatives.....I've been reading through all the threads and stickies about what's good and what's not....but as Canadians....is there a physical store where we can buy the products? I don't mind shopping online, but my cc's currently don't have room for much....I've heard Walmart and Costco mentioned a few times for things....is that up here or in the US? I'm going to hit Loblaws and GNC tomorrow to have a look too, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated.

I know there's a store in Markham, but that's 1 1/2hr away from me and I don't want to drive that far if I don't have to.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #359  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
As with many of you, I'm finding the cost of IP to be extremely hard on my wallet. I love my sucess (25lbs in 6 weeks) but I am pretty much at my limit for buying the products.

So..... Alternatives.....I've been reading through all the threads and stickies about what's good and what's not....but as Canadians....is there a physical store where we can buy the products? I don't mind shopping online, but my cc's currently don't have room for much....I've heard Walmart and Costco mentioned a few times for things....is that up here or in the US? I'm going to hit Loblaws and GNC tomorrow to have a look too, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated.

I know there's a store in Markham, but that's 1 1/2hr away from me and I don't want to drive that far if I don't have to.
If we're referring to being able to find a particular alternative product at a certain location on the Canadian thread then we've found the products being discussed at those locations in Canada. Unfortunately a lot of the alternative products discussed on the more general 'Alternative Review' threads need to be sourced online and most often from American sources. I have a lot of info about using alternative products and where I found them, on my blog - the link is in my signature line.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #360  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Hello Canucks!!! Well I am officially back at it! I started IP in Sept 2011 and I loved it, I lost 53 lbs but had to quit for medical reasons but I am back now and hoping things will go better this time. I had some gallbladder issues, anyone else out there have the same? My DR and I discovered that to much calcium can cause severe gallbladder attacks so she, along with my coach have instructed me to cut back on the calcium. It seem to be working. I am so excited to be getting back into the swing of things...Looking forward to reading the posts and posting and just keeping myself accountable

Last edited by bandsmartin; 03-18-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Closed Thread