Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the hint about Boston Pizza! My husband loves it there and we haven't eaten out since I started on this program. It's nice to have a place to go out!

Evepet: It may pay to become a Costco member! You'll save so much on the bars, the difference will soon pay for your membership!

So far, I've been using only IP products. For those of you that don't, is it only the bars you're replacing or are you buying other products from somewhere else?

Last edited by Minch; 11-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 207/195/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, just joined this site and am looking for great motivation from all of you :-))

I have been on IP for 4 weeks now and lost 10lbs and 9.5 inches....would probably be more, but had a death in the immediate family, so kinda fell off the wagon for about a week :-(( Back on track now and hoping to lose the last 15 to my goal before Christmas. After that I may try for another 10lbs, but will see how I feel.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #198  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
Thanks for the hint about Boston Pizza! My husband loves it there and we haven't eaten out since I started on this program. It's nice to have a place to go out!

Evepet: It may pay to become a Costco member! You'll save so much on the bars, the difference will soon pay for your membership!

So far, I've been using only IP products. For those of you that don't, is it only the bars you're replacing or are you buying other products from somewhere else?
Yes, I've been thinking it might be a good idea to join Costco - especially if I can get The Simply Bar there at such a savings!

I've been using a variety of alternative products, practically right from the start of my dieting efforts here. You may find my blog useful - it has a lot of info about where/how I found what I consider to be good alternative products. Plse note that in my section about how to choose suitable alternative protein bars the Quest bars aren't available through thelowcarbgrocery.com any more. Apparently they were required to stop importing them from the USA as they contain some ingredient that is not yet approved by our gov't food authorities. I'll change this on my blog.. just haven't got around to editing it yet. The link to my blog is below.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #199  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
I went to Boston Pizza for lunch with a friend today and I have to say it was the EASIEST resturant for being OP. There were at least 5 options I could have had without modification. They even list nutritional info for their healthier options. I had a 7oz steak with steamed broccoli and Cauliflower and a garden salad. The only issue was some shredded carrot in the salad. It will be my new pick of places to go.
Good to know! Thx.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #200  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Yes, I've been thinking it might be a good idea to join Costco - especially if I can get The Simply Bar there at such a savings!
Ooooh -- my bad. I don't get the Simply bars at Costco. I got those at a local health food stores or online. The bars I get at Costco are the Pure Protein ones and I get my Premier Protein or Muscle Milk shakes there too
Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Ooooh -- my bad. I don't get the Simply bars at Costco. I got those at a local health food stores or online. The bars I get at Costco are the Pure Protein ones and I get my Premier Protein or Muscle Milk shakes there too
Did you start by using IP? I am just curious how those two RTD shakes compare to IP from a taste perspective? I LOVE the IP ones.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post

I am in the middle of "breaking it off" with my IP coach so I have been mixing IP and alternatives the last week. Evepet's blog is a great source of info. I got everything from lowcarbgrocery and then I bought the Simply bars directly from the company. I think (in Canada) it is hard to get as much variety but when I realized that I could do the diet for 1/4 of the cost with product that is almost identical to IP....count me in. Finances were getting to be an issue and this was a great solution.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post

I've been using a variety of alternative products, practically right from the start of my dieting efforts here. You may find my blog useful - it has a lot of info about where/how I found what I consider to be good alternative products. Plse note that in my section about how to choose suitable alternative protein bars the Quest bars aren't available through thelowcarbgrocery.com any more. Apparently they were required to stop importing them from the USA as they contain some ingredient that is not yet approved by our gov't food authorities. I'll change this on my blog.. just haven't got around to editing it yet. The link to my blog is below.
NO!!!!! Sad sad news about the quest bars from the low carb grocery!!!! I LOVE those bars!!! Now where to get them other than Nashua??? Geez.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Darn I liked the Quest bars too because they are so high in fibre.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Greetings from Saskatchewan! I was nicely surprised to find our new Canadian area! I look forward to all the info we will be able to share here.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Yikes! I am still learning how to navigate this awesome website. I have read along for a while. I am pleased to see the Canadian area, greetings from Saskatchewan!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
Did you start by using IP? I am just curious how those two RTD shakes compare to IP from a taste perspective? I LOVE the IP ones.
Hi, I've read a few times that the premier shakes are the exact same as the IP ones, but they are a larger serving. They definitely taste pretty darn close to IP rtd's. And normal price at our costco is $28 for 18. Sooooo, in my mind I like the numbers way better. And I find them more filling than the smaller containers.

I did place an order from Nashau last night, just needed to get some things on the way, and now I will figure out the Canadian sites. (thats my plan, anyways).

Last edited by Im escaping; 11-05-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 363/240/163

Height: 5'7"

I was able to buy the Quest bars directly from their site.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #209  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Ok - gotcha. Thx for clarifying that.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay, now you got me thinking.

I didn't order any bars from nashau. But what/where should I order from here in Canada. It sounds like a guessing game as to how much I will pay in duty, so I should get organized and figure this out.

Quest bars- sound popular here, what else??

And Hi!! LurkingLinda, welcome!
Closed Thread