Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
no duty or any other charges.. and no problems at customs.

I just ordered from them again this morning.. will let you know when If there are any issues.
So sure enough I jinxed myself. ended up paying 25.00 in duty . Kinda angry about that! There's no where in Canada to purchase IP or Protidiet Online. that;s pretty sad!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Happy Monday morning to everyone, hope everyone made it through the snow ok, we didn't get anytning in our neck of the woods.

So I have to bite the bullet and either order through DietDirect or Nashua, does anyone have any recommendations based on past experience. What do they charge for shipping - is it flat rate or do they charge based on weight. Also, do you get stuck with those darned custom charges.

I'm thinking if it is flat rate at one or the other I'll make a large order and hopefully only pay the one shipping charge. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

I am going to check out Dr Bernsteins I think. Their shipping is a little expensive but at least it is still in Canada. I worry about border problems in costs!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I am going to check out Dr Bernsteins I think. Their shipping is a little expensive but at least it is still in Canada. I worry about border problems in costs!
I haven't checked them, but yes if you only order a few boxes and pay 25 to ship and another 25 for customs it is getting expensive!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Talking I am canadian Hein

Loving this canadian section. From Sudbury Ontario and noticed prices differ from one place to another. Going to go back and read all posts from this sections, then comment again. Thanks for all the canadian tricks
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

I miss ProteinWell!!!! You gotta wonder what happened there?????
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Yay! A Canada thread! I live in small town Saskatchewan
Old 02-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

I just wanted to let you all know that I've opened my own IP clinic in Saint John, NB called Inch by Inch Weight Loss Solutions. Check me out on FB www.facebook.com/inchbyinchweightlosssolution if you want to find out more info. If you can recall, when I started IP back in September, there was no clinic here so I had to import all my products from Halifax. Now, I want to share all this with my city! I'm down 47 lbs in just under 5 months and want to "spread the love" for Ideal Protein!

Last edited by Minch; 02-20-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Looking great Minch! You have done so well, congradualtions on your new venture.

Pat
Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default HI from Ottawa

Hi there
I will be starting the IP program on Monday using alternatives and I am so excited to get started. My neighbour has just gone into phase 3 and her results are amazing... so her daughter and I are following suit and are going to be buddies. She will do it through 100% IP products and I will be doing alternatives.

I just wanted to say that I picked up some products today at Shoppers Drugmart as they were on sale.

I got bodylogix RTD shakes 4 for $9.49: and they are 170 cal, 6g carbs, 25g protien and have sucralose (2g sugar) not aspartame I got the chocolate and the vanilla ice cream. They are also gluten free They also have the powdered versions in larger format.. but I wanted to try small sample sizes before I went for bulk purchases

I also got the new IsoFemme powdered protien for shakes. There are three flavours.. straberry, vanilla and chocolate. Each bottle was on sale for 18.99 and has 14 servings in it. They are 115 calories, 2 grams total carbs and 25g protien ... also sweetened with sucralose (1g sugar) and gluten free. And they are designed for women

I plan on staying away from the bars and puddings as long as I can.. as I have a terrible sweet tooth and know I will get to depend on them.. so I hope these shakes are good. I have a pharmacist friend who is going to help me find the right supplements to match the ones from IP (which is why I am waiting till Monday to start).

So for 80 bucks today I got almost 3 weeks worth of protien shakes/drinks which I think is pretty awesome... my goal is to have a shake for breakfast, eggs with veggies for lunch or a shake if im not in the mood to cook.. a full dinner and then a shake before bed... (plus everything else we are supposed to include)

I am so excited to have found this site and see the amazing successes of everyone on here! Thank you for the inspirations! I cant wait to share my progress with all of you as well
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #326  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
Hi there
I will be starting the IP program on Monday using alternatives and I am so excited to get started. My neighbour has just gone into phase 3 and her results are amazing... so her daughter and I are following suit and are going to be buddies. She will do it through 100% IP products and I will be doing alternatives.

I just wanted to say that I picked up some products today at Shoppers Drugmart as they were on sale.

I got bodylogix RTD shakes 4 for $9.49: and they are 170 cal, 6g carbs, 25g protien and have sucralose (2g sugar) not aspartame I got the chocolate and the vanilla ice cream. They are also gluten free They also have the powdered versions in larger format.. but I wanted to try small sample sizes before I went for bulk purchases

I also got the new IsoFemme powdered protien for shakes. There are three flavours.. straberry, vanilla and chocolate. Each bottle was on sale for 18.99 and has 14 servings in it. They are 115 calories, 2 grams total carbs and 25g protien ... also sweetened with sucralose (1g sugar) and gluten free. And they are designed for women

I plan on staying away from the bars and puddings as long as I can.. as I have a terrible sweet tooth and know I will get to depend on them.. so I hope these shakes are good. I have a pharmacist friend who is going to help me find the right supplements to match the ones from IP (which is why I am waiting till Monday to start).

So for 80 bucks today I got almost 3 weeks worth of protien shakes/drinks which I think is pretty awesome... my goal is to have a shake for breakfast, eggs with veggies for lunch or a shake if im not in the mood to cook.. a full dinner and then a shake before bed... (plus everything else we are supposed to include)

I am so excited to have found this site and see the amazing successes of everyone on here! Thank you for the inspirations! I cant wait to share my progress with all of you as well

I've used a variety of protein powders over the months I've been on the IP protocol (used alternative products for all but the very first week). Just a couple of weeks ago I noticed the BodyLogix brand at Shoppers. I tried the vanilla ice cream RTD and found them pretty good. One thing though - the protein seemed to clunk together and stuck in the bottom of the bottle... I had to poke it with a knife to get it all out. But then I would blend it thoroughly in my blender and it was good.

I've also been using both of the BodyLogix protein powders, and imo both are fine. Not the best I've used, but I like the price, the nutritional stats and the fact that they are handy right at Shoppers. I've gotten so I add 1/4 tsp of xantham gum powder to each shake when I blend it, and it thickens it a bit and produces a richer consistency to the shake, plus a nicer 'mouth feel'. 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum powder is within the 000 required for any 'extras' while on IP.

I haven't used the ISOFemme protein shake powder, and will be interested in your comments. I intended to pick some up at my local Shoppers when I saw the sale price in the flier, but that branch wasn't carrying it at that time... so I got the BodyLogix instead. I have been using the ISOFemme protein bars from time to time though, and really enjoy them. I find bars a bit too 'tempting', and decided months ago to make it more of a 'treat'. I don't keep a supply on hand, just pick a couple up from time to time at Shoppers.

FYI a line of natural, gluten free bars called Quest bars are available at Popeye Supplements, and they are very tasty and appropriate as alternative bars too. (Or at least they are at my local store). Just double check their nutritional values, as some of them have a slightly higher fat content and because of that and the calorie level they should be considered as restricted items.

My blog (link is below in my signature) was put together to help others who decide to do this diet using alternative products. You may find it useful as a newbie.

Good luck! Come to this board often - it is a fantastic place to hang out and get support... plus get any questions answered.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Evepet for the welcome and for the great tip on the xanthan gum.. we have lots of it as my son is celiac and we have it for when we make him bread!
I went through your blog last night... I have spent almost a week totally absorbed in this site and I think that coupled with how crappy i felt after a hamburger today has prompted me to start the IP program earlier then I was going to (my hubby and I have a trip to Toronto booked and i dont want to be limited.. but I am so excited to go ahead with this and i think my brain is ready too )
I have a personal trainer friend who is going to do my measurements with me and then I am off

So excited and motivated!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #328  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
Thanks Evepet for the welcome and for the great tip on the xanthan gum.. we have lots of it as my son is celiac and we have it for when we make him bread!
I went through your blog last night... I have spent almost a week totally absorbed in this site and I think that coupled with how crappy i felt after a hamburger today has prompted me to start the IP program earlier then I was going to (my hubby and I have a trip to Toronto booked and i dont want to be limited.. but I am so excited to go ahead with this and i think my brain is ready too )
I have a personal trainer friend who is going to do my measurements with me and then I am off

So excited and motivated!
You'll do great! Hang out here a lot - it really does help.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #329  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
So sure enough I jinxed myself. ended up paying 25.00 in duty . Kinda angry about that! There's no where in Canada to purchase IP or Protidiet Online. that;s pretty sad!
I would call Canada Post and ask about this.

I live on the border so I just drive across and bring my foods back to Canada (US mailbox) BUT... Meal REPLACEMENTS are considered tax exempt like groceries. And IP and every alternative is meal replacement. Be specific that it's meal REPLACEMENTS, not SUPPLEMENTS. There is a difference.

You might be able to get your money back. I have done it in the past when I was charged duty when I shouldn't have been.

Last edited by leannekarella; 03-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Go team Canada - Hi everyone.
Closed Thread