Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

The Carp Ontario clinic in my area still has the Ideal Protein sign out front but I just found out yesterday that they have "switched" to Pro-Energy. This happened to my sister's clinic over in Gatineau, Quebec, last year. What is going on? Anyone else finding their IP area being overtaken by Pro-Energy?

Anyone tried their products as an IP alternative?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hi everybody, I too am from small town(acreage)Saskatchewan. Good to see "local" people here. I signed up today and I plan to use IP food, especially at the beginning, might explore after a while, tomorrow is day one. My name is Annie and I'm 49 years old, 50 in a couple of months. I've been lurking around this sight for a while now and it's time to make the plunge. I've lost and gained the same 30 pounds most of my adult life. I hope to be successful at learning a better way of eating so this is supposed to be my last diet. It looks like a lot of people have had success losing weight, it's keeping it off that's the challenge, especially for me. I enjoy reading how you're all doing and it helps to keep me focused. My goal is to lose 21 lbs by the end of April. Well it's time to go to bed now, so G'night all.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #333  

Hi all in Canada...Just wanted to invite you to our Pinterest Board for IP Recipes...it is a group board and you can be added as a board contributor too...or you can just follow and pin your favorite recipe...only IP recipes...P1-P3 with a few P4's being added.....If you wanted to be added you can pm me here on 3FC and give me your Pinterest username...I can ony extend an invite with your P username or email address ...Here is the link if you are interested...we have 350 or more recipes and most are from members, coaches, chef Steven in Finland and IP clinics....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ for motivational ans inspirational while on the IP journey...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ Thanks and Happy Pinning!! I love IP!!!!! Marie
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Yeah for Canada!

Good luck everyone!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning everyone
So i just wanted to give a quick report on the Isofemme protien powder that I bought... it is SUPER SUPER sweet I made the vanilla one yesterday for lunch and made it the exact right size.. and it was brutally sweet. I tried the strawberry one for my evening snack and added extra water and ice and blended it and still had to gag down the sweetness.
I made the vanilla one again this morning... but added a couple dashes of cinnamon and it is much better. I know I can add the cinnamon to the vanilla and chocolate and still like the taste.. but am trying to figure out how to unsweeten the strawberry one... i am totally open to suggestions!

The bodylogix RTD shake i had for breakfast yesterday was really yummy easy to drink and not too sweet.. I will probably buy that kind after i finish the Isofemme.

Have a good day everyone
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #336  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
The Carp Ontario clinic in my area still has the Ideal Protein sign out front but I just found out yesterday that they have "switched" to Pro-Energy. This happened to my sister's clinic over in Gatineau, Quebec, last year. What is going on? Anyone else finding their IP area being overtaken by Pro-Energy?

Anyone tried their products as an IP alternative?

Thanks.
Interesting. I've heard of some clinics now offering the ProtiDiet line... never heard this about Pro-Energy before. I wonder if they're doing this because a lot of people (me included) are turning to alternative products rather than IP? Certainly is more cost effective. I wonder what they're charging per box for the Pro-Energy products? BTW - the whole Pro-Energy line of products is available online through thelowcarbgrocery.com. They're charging around $Cdn 21/box of 7 packets.

Last edited by evepet; 03-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #337  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Interesting. I've heard of some clinics now offering the ProtiDiet line... never heard this about Pro-Energy before. I wonder if they're doing this because a lot of people (me included) are turning to alternative products rather than IP? Certainly is more cost effective. I wonder what they're charging per box for the Pro-Energy products? BTW - the whole Pro-Energy line of products is available online through thelowcarbgrocery.com. They're charging around $Cdn 21/box of 7 packets.
Hi,

I still find $21 for 7 packs a little bit on the expensive side!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #338  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hi,

I still find $21 for 7 packs a little bit on the expensive side!
I know - me too - But at least it's useful to know that they're available there, if someone wants to go that route.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I know - me too - But at least it's useful to know that they're available there, if someone wants to go that route.
wow, interesting. So I am wondering how the prices differ for IP.

I'm in Ontario too and am paying 33$ for a box of 7. what a difference in the same province. There is a place in town that sells them for 28$ a box, but since I have so many hormonal issues, I have decided to pay to higher price so that a naturopath can help me along with all my issues. I go to the other place to buy additional boxes to have a better selectiont though.

Last edited by ginettepv; 03-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #340  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
wow, I'm in Ontario too and am paying 33$ for a box of 7. what a difference in the same province. There is a place in town that sells them for 28 a box, but since I have so many hormonal issues, I have decided to pay to higher price so that a naturopath can help me along with all my issues. I go to the other place to buy additional boxes to have a better selectiont though.
That's exactly why I posted - I was thinking somebody was probably paying more than what they charge. I just always order my stuff online from thelowcarbgrocery.com, as I'm not in the Toronto area all that often. But if you live near Toronto it might be worthwhile to drop by and shop in person. They're in Markham, which is just NE of Toronto. The address is available on their website.
www.thelowcarbgrocery.com
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #341  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hey there, anyone in P3 or maintenance have any suggestions high fibre English muffins? When I was in the states I found Oroweat double fibre English muffins. A few of the grocery stores here sell Oroweat bread, but I can't find any of the high fibre stuff (tried Safeway, Superstore and Costco). Any suggestions? I'd be open to a brand other than Oroweat too.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #342  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Hey there, anyone in P3 or maintenance have any suggestions high fibre English muffins? When I was in the states I found Oroweat double fibre English muffins. A few of the grocery stores here sell Oroweat bread, but I can't find any of the high fibre stuff (tried Safeway, Superstore and Costco). Any suggestions? I'd be open to a brand other than Oroweat too.
Seems that I'm always pitching stuff from thelowcarbgrocery! But out of curiosity I took a look there when I saw your post. If you can't find one you're happy with in a local supermarket & you're open to purchasing from a Canadian online source, they've got one that looks pretty good. It's certainly got great reviews. Nutritionally, it comes in at 100 cals; 0.5g fat; 16g carbs; 5g fibre; 0g sugar; and 7g protein. At 6 muffins for $4.99 it's not cheap - but it's an option. The selection in the supermarkets I generally frequent is limited (last time I looked I only saw one whole wheat one - from Dempster's and it's 2g fibre), but it's not worth my while to travel all over my city checking out other supermarket selections. I'd spend more doing that than ordering these online.I'm sticking with P1 for just a few more weeks as I want to have a cushion of 2-3 lbs below my goal weight when I phase out, to allow for some glycogen weight gain... but at that time I'll definitely be giving these a try.

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...at-p-2693.html

Last edited by evepet; 03-07-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #343  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Thanks for the advice evepet. I might try one of the health food stores here first and see, but good to know I can find some online.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #344  

Height: 5'9"

I'm from Saskatoon, SK & I'm only 2 weeks in to IP. So many people I know locally have had stellar success with this program... I love this diet & wish I'd found it sooner! My coach is just incredible- so supportive & puts a huge emphasis on maintenance. I find losing weight is easy, the maintenance is the killer. I've been a serial dieter, but this is it for me!

In Saskatoon-- the prices are in line with everywhere else ($28/7) & I've found a local health food store that sells all the Walden Farms products & then some. With that being said, I'm not a fan of the WF products... kind of tastes like easting plastic. haha but I'll revist them in a few weeks!

Initially it was hard for me to justify the cost, but when I looked at how much weight I've gained - the cost of NOT doing this would be much greater in the long run.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Thanks evepet. I believe I remember my sister trying some of the Energy-Pro products last year and saying they were really good. However I believe their protocol calls for 4 products/day which of course make 4 boxes/week. She told me that cost-wise it came to the same as IP but the variety was more to her liking. So, not really an alternative to save money, more for some variety I guess.

I was just curious to see how widespread this "takeover" was as it has now happened in my corner of Ontario and in my sister's Gatineau clinic.

If I do try their products I'll post an update.
Closed Thread