Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #211  

Those d*mn ketostix. Seems like I'm still not in Ketosis this morning..

I am really afraid of my WI next thursday.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #212  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Showgirlaz said:In phase 1, the best I can tell, we get about.... 48grams of fat on our highest fat days. That would be on the high side using 1 tbsp of omega or olive oil (14g per), and 3 of the ready made vanilla or chocolate drinks which are the highest fat items IP makes for phase 1 at 4g each. And adding 22g fat for salmon (we are only allowed after week3 and only 3x a week according to my coach. In general beef is 11g per 5oz, chicken is very roughly 9g per 5 oz, other nonfatty fish is 15 g per 7 oz, and shellfish/shrimp is 6 grams for 7oz).
Just a clarification here. If you are allowed restricteds on phase one (and many of us are), quite a few of them have more than 4g of fat. Soy nuts have 7g- a few bars have 5g. Chocolate soy puffs have 6g. Just wanted to clarify that the vanilla/chocolate box drinks at 4g are not the highest of all the IP foods. I am sure you meant they are the highest of the non-restricteds.
Ratfancy-(I agree with RockyMonarch) I am an advocate for more olive oil. I felt completely terrble for awhile on IP and more olive oil seemed to solve the problem. I mix it up with sea salt and put on cold romaine lettuce or even dip my celery in it for a quick emergency snack. I think some of us need more than others. I use high quality organic extra virgin. Perhaps you might try it. Also, I have had a little more protein once in awhile. My doctor suggested a piece of turkey after exercise, for example. Neither of these suggestions will hurt as much as extra carbs will!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-26-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 168/120

Height: 5'0

What do y'all suggest to get the bad taste out of your mouth?
Any gum or mints that are allowed?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslev View Post
My coach allows Binanca breath spray. I have one in my purse, one in my car, and one by my night table. My literature also suggested chewing a whole clove, although I haven't tried it. Some people have found some gum that is ok. Maybe trident? It was in last weeks thread I think. I hear you though, about the gross taste. The only good part of that is that it means you're in ketosis and burning fat!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #215  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Thank you Carla for the recipe. i'll try it when i get home.

but im a little sad this morning, (like always i got on the scale this morning) and i see that i'm still the same size as sunday. idk if its because i've been eating the same exact foods everyday or my body isnt in ketosis. my mouth is extremely bitter especially last night (or was that because i was just hungry?!) im not really creative with mixing in new meal plans and i really dont have the time because i just had a baby a few months ago and he never gives me time to do anything. it would of been a different story if i had help around the house but i dont. i wake up at 6:45am drop him to grannys house, start work at 9am get off at 5pm, head straight to grannys to pick up the baby (he is a HAND FULL OMG) "sometimes if luck is on my side she'll give me time to cook something up. i've been on the program for a week and two days now im really trying not to get discourage but why did the scale stop moving? am i doing something wrong? i havent been taking my fish oils everyday or my one a day women pills. idk what to do am i missing something? i have my olive oils everyday and seal salt, whats going on???? please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Yes, I have had that happen too. Carbs are definitely brain food.

Definitely before.

Hi, Jordanna, I wish I knew how. I am definitely technologically challenged. I scanned it into my computer, but I don't know what to do from there. Maybe I could get my husband to help me late tonight when he gets home from work. He doesn't really teach me how. He just takes over. That's my problem.
Okay thanks anyway Bev!! If you know how to attach things to email you could email it to me if you wanted... [email protected], but no worries if you can't figure it out...I just really want to see if I can have potatoes and peas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WI #5, down 3.2 lbs and 7 inches! Maybe I can lose 2 more by this weekend to make my mini-goal?.....we shall see

160's here I come for ya!
Congrats Erin!! That's a great weigh in! You're doing so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslev View Post
You can use listerine breath strips or spry gum. Someone has also mentioned rinsing sugar free gum off before eating it to get the coating off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Thank you Carla for the recipe. i'll try it when i get home.

but im a little sad this morning, (like always i got on the scale this morning) and i see that i'm still the same size as sunday. idk if its because i've been eating the same exact foods everyday or my body isnt in ketosis. my mouth is extremely bitter especially last night (or was that because i was just hungry?!) im not really creative with mixing in new meal plans and i really dont have the time because i just had a baby a few months ago and he never gives me time to do anything. it would of been a different story if i had help around the house but i dont. i wake up at 6:45am drop him to grannys house, start work at 9am get off at 5pm, head straight to grannys to pick up the baby (he is a HAND FULL OMG) "sometimes if luck is on my side she'll give me time to cook something up. i've been on the program for a week and two days now im really trying not to get discourage but why did the scale stop moving? am i doing something wrong? i havent been taking my fish oils everyday or my one a day women pills. idk what to do am i missing something? i have my olive oils everyday and seal salt, whats going on???? please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
neesee - there are times when I stay the same weight for 4 or 5 days and then get up one morning and I've dropped 3 lbs. Sometimes our bodies just don't want to let go of the fat storage, sometimes we're holiding a bit of extra water but the bottom line is this - if you follow the program the weight will come off so don't give up!!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #217  
Ideal Protein beginner

Red face

To Jordanna:

I Absolutely Love Your Blog And Thanx For Replying. Im Tring To Stay Positive And I Will Do Just That. Thank You So Much
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Down 4 lbs this week . That makes me 165 lbs ! 5 lbs from my goal but I think Im going to move my goal to 150 now so that makes it more like 15 lbs . But Lets get to my first goal first ! Everyone have a blessed day !
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #219  
Ideal Protein beginner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Down 4 lbs this week . That makes me 165 lbs ! 5 lbs from my goal but I think Im going to move my goal to 150 now so that makes it more like 15 lbs . But Lets get to my first goal first ! Everyone have a blessed day !
HELLO, WHEN DID YOU START IP? BECUASE YOUR DOING GREAT. IM 257 AND I WANT TO DROP DOWN TO 180 BUT MY SCALE WONT MOVE. I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM TO THE T WELLL EXCEPT I DNT TAKE THE FISH OILS AND ONE-A-DAY WOMEN EVERYDAY LIKE IM SUPPOSE TO. ARE YOU TAKING OR DOING SOMETHING EXTRA? MAYBE EXERCISE? PLEASE TELL ME YOU R WEEKLY AGENDA. IM ALWAYS EATING THE SAME FOODS EVERYDAY (TILAPIA AND SPINACH), IS THAT THE PROBLEM?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I invested in a digital scale after my first weigh in. I get on it every morning! I find it very motivating to actually see it moving every day and if I do cheat a little and it doesn't move the next day it just makes me want to follow the program that much more closely because I KNOW it's working!

Had my 2nd weigh-in yesterday and I'm down another 4.5lbs! 11.7lbs in 2 weeks!!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
HELLO, WHEN DID YOU START IP? BECUASE YOUR DOING GREAT. IM 257 AND I WANT TO DROP DOWN TO 180 BUT MY SCALE WONT MOVE. I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM TO THE T WELLL EXCEPT I DNT TAKE THE FISH OILS AND ONE-A-DAY WOMEN EVERYDAY LIKE IM SUPPOSE TO. ARE YOU TAKING OR DOING SOMETHING EXTRA? MAYBE EXERCISE? PLEASE TELL ME YOU R WEEKLY AGENDA. IM ALWAYS EATING THE SAME FOODS EVERYDAY (TILAPIA AND SPINACH), IS THAT THE PROBLEM?
I started IP January 15th . My daily regement is to have a protein shake in the morning . Then a 32ox water , and my vitamins , then at lunch I usually have a salad mixed with spinache , mushrooms and some raw onions and I have a proein shake and then Ihave anothe 32oz of water . Dinner I usually have fish , a turkey burger , or chicken with some kind of vegetable . My favorites are turnip fries , cauliflower and spinache . Then I drink another 32 oz of water . For my snack I have a jello or a strawberry pudding made into a shake . I also walk 3 mile s a day at least 5 days a week . I hope this helps . Stick with it and dont cheat and you will loose . Take one day at a time and it wont seem so overwhelming . Once it starts coming off you will be excited and you will not have such a hard time. Good luck !
Old 05-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Congrats CW that's fantastic!! You continue to amaze me with your results!! I only wish I was doing as well as you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
I invested in a digital scale after my first weigh in. I get on it every morning! I find it very motivating to actually see it moving every day and if I do cheat a little and it doesn't move the next day it just makes me want to follow the program that much more closely because I KNOW it's working!

Had my 2nd weigh-in yesterday and I'm down another 4.5lbs! 11.7lbs in 2 weeks!!
Congrats on the loss - that's fantastic!! Keep it up. I scale hop too, I like seeing that half a pound a day or so, and sometimes if I gain a bit I can reflect on what I might have done wrong...
Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #223  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Okay thanks anyway Bev!! If you know how to attach things to email you could email it to me if you wanted... [email protected], but no worries if you can't figure it out...I just really want to see if I can have potatoes and peas!!
Me too! But unless I hear otherwise, I guess I'm not going there... my direction says the only meal that changes from Phase 2 is breakfast. I figure I've made it this long, I can last a little longer!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #224  

Hey everyone - I wouldn't normally do this but it's such a great sale I can't help but pimp myself out on here:

I sell Discovery Toys on the side to try to continue to be a stay at home mum, and I've been doing it for a while so believe me I'm not trying to drum up business with you all but they are having a really great summer sale starting June 1st and I wanted to let you all know about it

Discovery Toys caters to newborns all the way up to grade school aged kids. Their toys are amazing, safe, non-toxic educational toys and I'm addicted to them.

PM me if you want more details

You won't hear from me again regarding Discovery Toys as I don't like advertising myself here...I just love a good sale and this is a good one!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm headed to a seafood restaurant tonight and I'm excited to have crab legs. I don't ever use the butter, so just the meat should be acceptable. I was just wondering, does anyone have any idea if I can have 1lb of crab legs or 1.5lbs to = the 7oz of seafood allowed? There's so little meat in the legs it seems, but I don't want to over eat, because as week three WI approaches, I don't think I'm going to see a loss and I certainly don't want to push it anymore than I did last friday night with my 3 alcoholic drinks- which I'm sure is the reason I didn't see a loss. (They were the low carb beers though- only about 8 carbs!)
Closed Thread