Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frita View Post
Natural Girl –

I always fill my shaker up with ice, then fill it up with water and leave just enough room to put in the vanilla pudding package. Then I add in extract or cinnamon. I’ve made the vanilla pudding using tea as well – I brew tea then let it cool, fill my shaker the same way and add some cinnamon, it’s like a chai tea. Very good!!!

I also use the chocolate pudding the same exact way – I normally like this is my DD Dark Roast Ice Coffee, I get a small one, black and when I get to work, I put it in my shaker, add my package of chocolate pudding and it last me all morning!!!
Frita, I tried the chocolate pudding shake (filling my shaker with ice, than water and the chocolate pudding mix, after it was mixed i added some WF chocolate syrup) and it is DELICIOUS, Thank you so much for posting what you do. I will try it with Strawberry next, then the butterscotch!!!! Going to pass this along to my IP friends!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Had my WI last night. Only down 2.5 lbs. Must have been those beers! I'll try better this weekend.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #363  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Someone said they cooked the potatoe salad and her husband went for a second. Who was it and which recipe did you use? I see more than one from showgirl and journeysend.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #364  
Persian Queen

I just thought of something. I took off both my jobs to spend some time with the boys. Since my oldest and the twins teenagers are always hungry and eating, I am afraid of what is going to happen before I go back to work on Tuesday. I decided to make my mini goal to have a deaad line of the day after the holiday. So, I am thinking by the day after Labor day I want to be 5 lbs lighter. This should hopefully prevent me from putting anything illegal bites in my mouth.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

weigh in this morning. 3.5 pounds. so I be 139.5 pounds. YAY. on another news, some low life has stolen my shovel, rake etc from front yard!! who would do that I don't know but shame on them.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #366  

Hey everyone, I'm still sick (UGH) and trying to avoid cold medicines so as not to screw around with my diet but man it's leaving me feeling lousy! I don't have that long (only 4 more weeks) to get below 196 so I can phase out of the program and that's about 10 lbs from now so I really need to stay strict and focused but it's sure hard when you're not feeling well.

To top it all off I have a funeral and a wedding to attend tomorrow and I am the photographer at the wedding so A) it's going to suck if I'm still this sick and B) so much food to avoid!

Anyway for all the Americans - happy Memorial Day weekend..that is this weekend right? Just remember you have many more years to celebrate Memorial Day with food, maybe this year reward yourself and celebrate something else like a pedicure so you can look cute in flip flops or a new skirt in a smaller size!!

Anyway - just wanted to check in!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #367  
Persian Queen

I say yes to a pedicure with every 5 lbs loss!
I don't have WF mayo. Can I use a smaller amount of Hellmann's low fat for the sald I mentioned?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Hey, that's the scale I have! It's totally awesome and has served me well! Just keep in mind that the body fat number tends to be artificially high in the morning, due to pooling of fluids during the night, so that particular measure is generally more accurate later in the day. You can do a calculated measurement to calibrate your scale and see what time of day works best for you.

(I also like the "body age" measurement... I started out at age 63, and finished up at age 45. )

Personally, I backed off the gym when I started the diet. Now that I'm putting back carbs, I plan to ease in again. Maybe you can find another way to stay sane? And I never ate any restricted IP or food items throughout the duration of the diet.

I suggest you not give up on this so quickly. Let your body adjust on its own terms, and don't try to compare yourself to other people. Follow the protocol as precisely as possible, and you will get into a comfortable groove. And don't fall into the rationalization of, "I didn't cheat at all except..." Read the book. It's not a diet that lets you cheat or change the ground rules. But it's not forever. So just follow the plan, and your body will do what it needs to do.
I hope I'll be able to figure out that scale when I get it! lol Thank you for telling me about the body fat registering high since I have never had a body fat scale I would have not known and I generally tend to weigh myself in the morning. I really don't work out that much 3-4 times a week. I would like to do more and hope to at some point but most days I do a 30 min video and some days an hour. I really didn't know I was cheating when I "fried" that 1/2 zucchini in olive oil. I was just doing it for an experiment for a recipe and figured zucchini was legal and so was olive oil I didn't know that we weren't allowed fried food. My coach has always let everyone have one restricted a day from the beginning and she had never heard of the first 3 weeks no restricteds etc. when I told her. When we signed up they gave us a sample of one of everything so I have all these bars and such here that came with that. I wish they would have just given us all non-restricted because it feels so wasteful to not use it.
I got the results of some tests back today and I had suspected I was having a gluten problem but blood work had tested negative even though I continued to have bad digestion so they did more intensive testing and it turns out that I do in fact have a gluten allergy and I would have never guessed this but also a dairy allergy! So I am not sure what I am going to do about this diet since most of my packs ingredients say milk protein concentrate. I am allergic to casein and it is causing small intestine and colon inflammation (my mom was just recently diagnosed with Chron's disease so I must be VERY careful with inflammation) I have been doing some reading and it looks as though people who are allergic to casein can sometimes tolerate whey protein isolate which is in the fruit type drinks so I might only be able to have them but I am going to get bored with that. I do have some chocolate & vanilla whey protein powder at home that is 90 calories, less than 1g of fat, 3g carb, 1g fiber, 18g protein and sweetened with stevia so I think that might work for a change of pace. It's all a bit overwhelming at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frita View Post
Natural Girl –

I always fill my shaker up with ice, then fill it up with water and leave just enough room to put in the vanilla pudding package. Then I add in extract or cinnamon. I’ve made the vanilla pudding using tea as well – I brew tea then let it cool, fill my shaker the same way and add some cinnamon, it’s like a chai tea. Very good!!!

I also use the chocolate pudding the same exact way – I normally like this is my DD Dark Roast Ice Coffee, I get a small one, black and when I get to work, I put it in my shaker, add my package of chocolate pudding and it last me all morning!!!
Thank you those sound delish! I am going to try that with the tea too. I love tea!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
I say yes to a pedicure with every 5 lbs loss!
I don't have WF mayo. Can I use a smaller amount of Hellmann's low fat for the sald I mentioned?
Be very careful with that! The Hellmann's light has way more carbs and sugar in the ingredients. I almost did this the other day for tuna and I looked at the Hellmann's regular and it has no carbs or sugar but it is much higher in fat but at least it won't take you out of ketosis. I just ordered the WF mayo but I think someone posted using Smart Balance also but I am not sure how that matches up nutritionally.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Be very careful with that! The Hellmann's light has way more carbs and sugar in the ingredients. I almost did this the other day for tuna and I looked at the Hellmann's regular and it has no carbs or sugar but it is much higher in fat but at least it won't take you out of ketosis. I just ordered the WF mayo but I think someone posted using Smart Balance also but I am not sure how that matches up nutritionally.
Hi All,

I think there is a very simple recepie for making your own mayo in the recepie section. I have a feeling it was Carla who had posted it to begin with.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Jordanna: I hope you feel better soon. I feel for you with the not feeling comfortable taking meds for fear that they might screw with your diet. I am that way too now.

Pita: Congrats on your WI! A good way to start the weekend.

Natural girl: Like you, my coach allowed restricteds for the get go. I lost 24 pounds in 4 weeks eating restricteds. Now I try to space them out a bit. Like chop a bar into 6 pieces and have 2 pieces a day. When I get really cookoo during the ol' TOM I have a bar. I monitor with ketostix and they don't throw me out of ketosis.

I don't know about you guys, but it is easy for me to get sort of obsessive with food and diets. This is a habit I'm trying to change. I am down 2.5 pounds this week. Not the 6 pound average I saw during the first 4 weeks, but 2.5 pounds none the less. I have been having all sorts of ideas running through my head, like maybe I need to start walking more, maybe my method of eyeballing my protein needs to change. Oy vey! What I really need to do is just relax, follow the diet precisely, and be grateful that if I do this, the results will be there and just live my life. Sometimes I resent all the energy I put in being wackadoo obsessive.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
ugh..well scale hasn't moved since wednesday, still at 174.5 so i didn't make my goal of 20 lbs by memeorial day weekend, but oh well, the weekend ends monday night so i'll weigh on tuesday-maybe will have lost the 2 by then-though i highly doubt it with all the bbqs going on this weekend
too funny...LOVE the way you think!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #373  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
too funny...LOVE the way you think!
just fell off the wagon!! had barbequed turkey on top of mixed greens and i for the first time did not spend 5 minutes picking out the 10 pieces of shredded carrots, oh well! i'm eating this thing out of a FRIED TORTILLA BOWL, i'll take the carrots...

and CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING IN THE 130'S!!!!!!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-28-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just fell off the wagon!! had barbequed turkey on top of mixed greens and i for the first time did not spend 5 minutes picking out the 10 pieces of shredded carrots, oh well! i'm eating this thing out of a FRIED TORTILLA BOWL, i'll take the carrots...

and CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING IN THE 130'S!!!!!!!
shame on you!!! don't you know you HAVE to stick to the plan! I mean I understand putting butter on the turkery BUT carrots??? for crying out loud.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Someone said they cooked the potatoe salad and her husband went for a second. Who was it and which recipe did you use? I see more than one from showgirl and journeysend.
OK here is my recipe for "Mock" Potatoe Salad--can't tell the difference from the real stuff!!!!

First thing I do is take the WF Mayo out of the jar and mix it with enough mustard to give it a nice yellow colour, add some sea salt and put it back in the jar. This makes it more tasty!!!

1/2 bag (2kg) or large bag of frozen cauliflower
4 boiled eggs, mashed
6 radishes diced
2 green onions, chopped
1 stalk of celery, sliced in small pieces
1/2 cup of chopped cucumber
1/4 cup of green pepper, chopped
fresh or frozen dill weed, chopped fine OR
1 tps. of dried dill weed ( or to taste)
sea salt
pepper
1/2 cup of WF Mayo

Cook frozen cauliflower until fork tender, drain and mash. Let cool
Mix the mashed egg and all the veggies with the cooled cauliflower.
Add the WF mayo (that has the mustard added) and mix
Add sea salt, pepper and dill weed (these should be added to your taste)
Mix well and store in fridge.
Very Yummy!!!
And what would summer be without Potatoe Salad!!!!!

I posted this recipe on the recipe thread too.

I am not sure about the other mayos.
Closed Thread