Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #481  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
I am on day 11 of my IP diet. I know I shouldn't, but I am a daily weighter, and I haven't lost a single pound in the last 5 days. is that normal this early on? I feel so frustrated, like I just want to quit...
It is normal, don't quit. You will see a sudden drop one of these days soon. Are you drinking enough water and are you having the last IP package even if you're not hungry?

Also, some weeks you will lose inches but no pounds.

As you keep going, you'll notice that the average wt. loss is about 3 pounds per week. Some weeks it's 6, some weeks it's none and so on.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #482  

To the person who lives in the Edmonton area who was looking for a Sherwood Park IP clinic - I was just talking to my coach and they are opening a clinic next month on baseline road somewhere. (Sorry I don't remember who it was that asked!)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #483  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

To add on to my earlier post about the Lindora products I received, there is a difference in taste because i ordered the mocha shake and it tastes almost exactly like a Jamochashake from Arby's haha it's yummy!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #484  

Glad to see I am not the only one concerned about the "division" amoungst the board about using non-IP products. I feel compelled to respond because this isn't the first time this issue has come up since I have been here.

Unfortunately what we see is that some people feel very strong about following IP strictly (using all IP products, following protocol as per your coach) and then others who are excited about using other protein products and are just following the "IP basics" to acheive a weight loss goal, ie Alternative IP Plan (although I believe others using that term to mean something else within IP, to me, Alternative IP means using other products and not following the strict protocol that is laid out). And there is another thread listed as the same. And naturally, those who are in between.

I personally find the board VERY distracting when there are so many posts and dicussions dedicated to those who are searching/using/exploring other protein products to replace an IP packet and save money. I know the expense of this program is a lot and I am for saving money, however for those of us just not interested in that aspect....it is distracting. This is why I haven't personally been around much. I check in here and there to see if there is anything new of interest to me, but most of what I see has been related to other products. New people to the board have come on and are immediately intrigued by the idea of lower cost, naturally since this is a financial committment too. At this point, I see very few people posting that are choosing not to use alternative products.

It is not disrespectful to disagree with anyone's choice. I have been accused of that in the past when I first voiced my opinion in the entire matter. I found the accusation disrespectful of me just because I choose to disagree, but to each his own. Ultimately, what others do to acheive their own weight loss goal is not of concern to me. I would like to see everyone to reach their goals too. I find it exciting that people are losing weight and improving their health by losing weight.

I personally just wish there was less discussion about all of these other products since this is a board about Ideal Protein. Just don't confuse disrespect and general courtesy with a disagreement of your choice. There is a strong difference.

I wish everyone well, no matter what you are doing to lose weight. I do still find tid-bits of helpful info once and again.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #485  

I'm just tired of the "product" chat all together - use the products, don't use the products...whatever...it's getting boring either way and the question has been answered over and over and over again about the alternative products...it's driving people away from the board on either side and it's just silly.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Default New topics...

Okay...so let's all do something to make the forum more interesting and motivating to all of us regardless of what "product" we are using!

How about everyone respond to these two questions?

How much weight have you lost on IP so far?

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

Here are my answers -

I am only on day 4 and I have lost 5 lbs!

I keep reminding myself that only I can make this change...no one is going to do it for me and it isn't easy, but that I CAN do this.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #487  

Great idea Smiley!

I have lost 23.9 lbs in 4 weeks (as you can see by my signature below) and to stay motivated I do a few things:

1) I try new recipes all the time so as not to get sick of the same food again and again

2) I look at my 9 month old son and remind myself that he's going to be running around soon and I want to keep up

3) I remember that I'm going on a 17 day cruise next April and I don't want to be too fat to enjoy it or be in any of the pictures like any other vacation I've been on

4) I tell myself I am worth it and I deserve to be thin and healthy
Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

I just finished my week 2 weigh in and I am down 3 pounds! That is 7.5 so far. I am trying to keep positive and remind myself that everyone looses at a different rate, but dang, I wish it was more!
Still, not going to give up!
Going to another party tonight. Not even worried about what food will be there, because I know I am going to have a great dinner prior full of stuff that is good for me.

Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #489  

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
I just finished my week 2 weigh in and I am down 3 pounds! That is 7.5 so far. I am trying to keep positive and remind myself that everyone looses at a different rate, but dang, I wish it was more!
Still, not going to give up!
Going to another party tonight. Not even worried about what food will be there, because I know I am going to have a great dinner prior full of stuff that is good for me.

Have a great day!
Hey Libby - Congrats on the loss so far That's fantastic. I think sometimes we get caught up in the #'s on this diet and want it all now...sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that on any other diet I would NEVER lose 3 lbs a week...never mind any more than that. Heck I was on WW for 7 months and never even hit my 10% target...and I've almost achieved that in one month. I think sometimes we just have to put it into perspective - You just lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks and that is AMAZING, be proud of yourself
Old 02-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #490  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

I have lost 29 lbs. since the middle of December. Hopefully tomorrow that will be even more.
I stay motivated by:
Talking to my sister (who is also on the diet) and my coach, often.
I remember the sacrifices my family is making in order for me to be doing this.
Reading on this blog about others success.
I also try to remember that any slip up is going to just make it take longer to reach my goal.

[/url]

Last edited by Eastcoastmama; 02-19-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #491  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Not everything that is discussed on this forum is going to be interesting to everyone. Once again I hold to the idea that this website is about weight-loss. I won't bring up alternative products anymore but if someone asks, I am going to share the information I have with them. And if this bothers anyone, they don't have to read what I say.

On a happier note, I have lost 11 lbs. in 3 weeks

I stay motivated by looking at a picture of myself when I was at an unhealthy and unhappy weight and I can look at myself now and see the changes and know that I'm working toward looking good
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 264/250/135

I am on day 24 and I have lost 19.5 pounds!!

I stay motivated by thinking about how long it will take me to reach my goal and by knowing the harder I try the sooner it will be over, and by celebrating each little inch and pound. I'm really enjoying watching them disappear!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #493  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
have you tried the Walden Farms dressings? I can't add the link, but it is their name following the url....they have a ton of dressings, sauces, etc. that are zero carbs, zero calories and zero fat.

I just used the honey dijon mixed with garlic and soy sauce over chicken in the crockpot...it was great.

Hi libbyshims,

That sounds very tasty! Can share the approx. amount of honey dijon, garlic and soy sauce you used? I think I need to add this to my repetoire!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Hi libbyshims,

That sounds very tasty! Can share the approx. amount of honey dijon, garlic and soy sauce you used? I think I need to add this to my repetoire!
I'm not a big recipe person, I am afraid...lol

I put the chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot and then I used about 7 cloves of garlic, peeled and then smashed with the palm of my hand, I used the bottle of dressing and about 7-8 'splashes' of soy sauce. I then cooked it on low for about 8 hours, adding water as needed. I didn't use any of the sauce out of the pot, but the chicken had a great flavor and was so tender.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #495  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Good Friday, all!!!

Today is my weigh in day. I am super excited/nervous, b/c I haven't stepped on the scale since last week. I found it was totally screwing with my head with the day to day fluctuations.
Last night, I went to Bunko and was so proud of myself!! There were dips, chips, breads, cookies, fruit everywhere...not to mention Margaritias! Anyway, the host gave me a bottle of water which I filled and re-filled all night and munched on the celery from the veggie tray. That was a huge accomplishment for me. The best part was I saw 2 friends I hadn't seen in about 10 days and they immediately noticed a difference. YAY! Remember, I am just finishing week 2!!!

Have a great day, all--will post later this aft. Fingers crossed for some good numbers!!!
Oh, I miss bunco. When I lived in Houston (Cypress actually), I was in a neighborhood group that met once a month. Congrats to you for passing on all the goodies! Especially the margaritas - that might have been too tempting for me .

NSV - non-scale victory
Closed Thread