General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #391  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree that Blake was awesome! There have been MULTIPLE times where Jeff and I would be watching the show together, and Blake would come up and say what he would be singing, and we would both look at each other be like, "oooh, this is gonna be bad..." Last night was one of those nights. We were expecting a bit of a dsaster of a performance for him. And yet, every single time we expect Blake to have difficulty or ruin a song, he pulls it of wonderfully! I think that really says something about how good of a performer he is.

I think Jordin had a really rough night last night, but I hope she has enough fans to pull her through because she really is my favorite (with Blake coming in at a freaksihly close second). Her big smile, her happy attitude, and her amazing voice just get me every week (with the exception of this week ).

I really hope Phil will finally go home, but the judges seemed not to mind his performance this week. Personally, I think his face has been completely dead and emotionless for every single performance I've ever seen from him. There's just something kinda creepy about him for me...

I'm wondering if Chris will be the other person to go home. We all know Melinda will be safe, and I'm 99% sure Blake was safe with last night's performance. I think Chris took a risk in that Chris Daughtry sang that same song FABULOUSLY last season, so it fell short in comparison, even though it wasn't necessarily a bad performance, if that makes sense.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #392  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I agree Chris will be leaving.

The other one could be Phil or Lakisha.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #393  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
I agree Chris will be leaving.

The other one could be Phil or Lakisha.
Dial Idol predicts Chris and Lakisha as the bottom 2 (how Phil has so many fans, I'll never understand--I "get" that he's a military guy, so he might get a lot of support for that, but I think missing his child's birth for his AI audition was pretty pathetic, as I believe he's young enough to have auditioned again next year). I think they've been right more often than wrong, so we'll see...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #394  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Phil and Chris could both leave the competition tonight and I wouldn’t be cryin’. Chris’ performance was good last night, but overall he’s just not my type of performer. Don’t really think Phil is that great. He can sing, but he lacks charisma IMO.

It’s too bad Jordin had such a hard time last night, every week up until this one I felt like her performances only got stronger. Hope she makes it through to next week.

Blake totally let it all loose last night, I loved it. Although I think Simon was probably right about half the audience loving it and half hating it. Either way, he really made himself stand out! Smart move.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #395  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I missed Jordin last night, and that was a good thing from what I gather... I didn't really recognize Lakisha's song and she looks so mean when she sings, she scares me.

Blake, was very cool--and as a child of the 80's hair era, I actually liked what he did to the song. Neat image change w/the dark hair too.

Phil was good but he still reminds me of Powder.

Chris should go home period.

Melinda ROCKS as usual.

Does everyone agree that some people look better as they age?

Jon Bon Jovi then and now:

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #396  

Jon Bon Jovi is a dreamboat...can't wait to see him perform tonight. Yes, he does get better with age. And I like the fact that he has been married to the same woman (Dorthea) since he was a teenager-what a guy!

I thought the worst last night were Jordin and Melinda, but I doubt that either will go home. So my picks for leaving are Chris and Lekeesha.

Lakeesha and Blake were both very good last night though!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #397  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

a little OT, but I just read that Jon Bon Jovi's dad was a hairstylist. Talk about teen rebellion!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #398  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Watched a little last night since the DODGERS were over....saw BLAKE...was entertained...I think he is part boy ~ part man ~ part machine...how long can you last though making those silly noises?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #399  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I still thought Blake and Chris were the best last night! I was disgusted when Simon gave Lakisha that kiss and then made his comments to her.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I used to like Jordin, but she's really beginning to bug me. Don't ask me to explain why because I can't put my finger on it, but BLAH. Not a fan. And not just because of her hideously awful performance last night. She's young, though, so I imagine this whole thing is weird for her.

I like Blake because he's different. Chris was kind of a cute little guy, and he's from Virginia, but I'm not big on people who sing through their noses.

Lakisha's got a great voice, though she hasn't done as well lately (except last night -- she was great -- and I thought the fact that Simon wanted to kiss her was kind of cute).

Melinda's good, as we all know, but if she wins I'll fall asleep from boredom and predictability.

So yeah...I suppose I want Blake to win. He's marketable, certainly. The rest of them have good voices but are they original?

Anyway, such an addictive show.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #401  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

The right 2 went home tonight. I have never been a fan of Phil and Chris it was his time to go.

Saw that next week is boogie night with one of the Bee Gees. Gary get your white suit out.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #402  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
how long can you last though making those silly noises?
That was actually the first time he'd done his beatboxing in quite some time. I actually think a lot of his fans were MISSING it, so I'm glad he brought it back this week--shows he can do more than JUST sing (and not just that he can beatbox also, but that he can work with music of different styles and make his own arrangements so the songs suit his style).

Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly that the right 2 people went home last night. When Phil and Lakesha were in the same group, though, I was afraid it would be Lakesha to go--I'm SO glad it wasn't (I admit, I cheered a bit when Phil's name was announced--sighed a giant, "FINALLY!" even more than I did when Sanjaya left ).
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #403  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Blake is just smart, period. If he did the beatboxing all the time, it'd get old but he saves it for just the rght occasions. I think he has a knack for choosing songs that can be played with a bit and then tweaks them just enough to suit him and be fresh but not too OTT. Maybe he's not the strongest singer ever but he has stage presence, charisma, the cool factor, marketablility, originality and style.

Blake to win!

Ugh, Techwie, I was watching an interview with Phil and his 2 kids are somwhere in a different state with his parents or his in-laws. His wife was at the show but Phil says he's doing it for his girls. I thought yeah, whatever. The baby won't even recognize him. Maybe now he can go home and try to recapture the bonding necassary from those first precious months!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #404  
Addicted to potato salad!

Mummy: You and I are on the same exact page with Blake and Phil. Blake, for starters, is just a true artist. To come up with that rendition of that Bon Jovi song in a week's time and to be able to perform it with such style was just AWESOME. Melinda is a great singer, but Blake is a true performer and artist. My favorite by a mile!! Phil, on the other hand, just makes me mad to look at, first because he looks like a vampire that's in bad need of a pint, second because of the whole baby thing. Good thing for him that he has a supportive wife!

Gary: You make silly noises all the time, here on the boards!! You have to admit, though, that performance by Blake was COOL!!

Jilly: I was hoping it would be Phil AND LaKisha. I like LaKisha, but I like Chris just a tad more....he seems to have more personality and it would have been more balanced to have two girls and two guys next week. Either way, I hope LaKisha goes next week...not because I don't like her, but because I REALLY don't want Melinda, Jordin or Blake to go...she would be the bottom of the four for me. Next, I think I'd like to see Melinda go...she's got the far better pipes, by FAR, but I think she's a record deal in the making already and Jordin and Blake are more what this show is about...finding hidden talent and making them a star. When Blake gets a CD out, It'll be the first AI CD I've bought just for me so my daughter can borrow it. I have Carrie, Pickler (my son has decided he likes her CD because she's pretty) and Kelly's CD's, but nobody else's. I know I'd love anything Blake put out.

Clyde: I have my barf bag ready for next week. I don't know, maybe it'll be good...and another opportunity for Blake to be cool as school, but Barry Gibb? Wait...didn't he pass away a few years ago? Is it another Gibb?

Lisa: I agree about Jordin, but I think the fact that she's 17 and becoming an overnight star may be giving her a dash of my-poop-doesn't-stink 'tude. Just a dash. I think she's really shining and doing a great job. Imagine the pressure it would be to be so young and have this whirlwind change in your life going on!! I think she deserves to have her head in the clouds just a little bit. She's very talented and has the 'it' factor for sure.

Noelle: One of the most annoying things being in my 20's in the 80's was guys that had better hair than me. I really hated Bon Jovi for that.

Anyhoo...
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #405  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Once Simon said Phil wouldn't make it another week, I KNEW he was gone. I just couldn't figure out if Jordin or Chris were going with him. I've been predicting for some time the top three: Lakesha, Melinda and Blake with possibly Melinda coming out on top. But I wouldn't mind any one of them. Not to worry, they'll all end up being stars regardless of the outcome, even Phil and Chris.
Closed Thread