General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #271  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Next week's theme is latin music and J-LO is the guest.

I have visions of Sanjaya coming out with fruit on his head or shaking maracas.

I will miss Gina because she brought something different to the show.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #272  
Losin' it forever!

Quote:
I have visions of Sanjaya coming out with fruit on his head or shaking maracas.
Thank you for the nightmares that statement is certain to envoke!

I was sorry to see Gina go. Was it my imagination or did anyone else get the feeling that Haley really thought it should have been her to depart?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #273  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I am SUCH a Fanjaya! And I too am looking forward to seeing him dressed like Carmen Miranda (fruit plate on head, macarenas, and hopefully those ruffled short pants and a tank top in primary colors). American Idol ROCKS!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #274  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I hated to see Gina leave. Not that I cared for her punk-rocker style, but I did think she had one of the better voices and certainly better than a few that are still there.

I also totally thought that Haley felt she was the one being sent home.

As for Melinda, I love her voice but I'm tired of the "Oh, am I really good?" type of thing that she does.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I agree. I think Haley thought she'd be it. Frankly, due to his performance I though Gina was the safe one out of the three. Too bad, she did have a good voice (but I could do without the tongue stud).
Old 04-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #276  
Addicted to potato salad!

I felt particularly sorry for her friends/family in the audience with the red highlights. But, like i said, this was her third year auditioning for AI and I'm super glad for her that she got this far and will have a blast on tour with the group. I think she adds a real uniqueness to the group. Not a fan, in particular, with the rocker scene, but all the different flavors and genres are what make the music scene great.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #277  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well, to be honest I have not seen the show for two weeks now. I liked Gina, I spent a lot of time looking for the tattoos that JILLY said she had but didn't see them. I just didn't think she was that great of a singer or to be honest so UNIQUE? She looks just like every 4th girl I see here on the southern California coast where I live. Angie and I just got home from the skateboard clothes store, nephew needed new shoes, saw about 5 "GINA'S" in there.

Now, HALEY...well, she is something special! WOW!! Those legs!!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #278  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

In case you missed it...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #279  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Gary, Gina had some (apparently temporary) tattoos in her first couple of performances (not sure if/where she has any permanent ones), but I'm sure you were too busy watching your nearly talentless Barbie doll to notice many of the other contestants (BTW, I could find at least 50 Haleys any time I go to the mall, so don't try to tell us she's the unique one).

I know it's all in fun or whatever, but the constant Haley photos and leg comments are quite unnecessary

Last edited by jillybean720; 04-06-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: edited to alter a potentially rude comment
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #280  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Jill, I saw your 'potentially rude comment' which was edited ... it came through on my email notification, obviously before you edited it. I couldn't agree more ... 'nuff said!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i think its sad to see gina go. ...i personally thought she brought spunk personallity and some life to the otherwise fairly bland idol world..i do think there are some GREAT singers...but honestly most of them are very plain jane normal in looks. I liked the punk rocker looks and didn't mind the tongue ring...this coming from a person who has 3 tattoos and use to have a belly ring (until i decided i was too fat to pull it off LMAO). I think most of the other females are pretty much plain jane...what the consrvative world wants to look at...i like the "Differentness" of gina...but then again..i'm a bit of a rocker chick myself. And as for sanjaya (sp?)...ughh enough already...darn teeny bobper girls please get a life and stop voting for him..he's killing me!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

lol at gary...ah jill its okay..he's just a dirty old man and knows it LMAO (j/k gary...you know i luv harrasing you)

and btw..i would love to look like her...but oh well...although i do think her singing is poor...oh well..she'll get by on life by her looks LOL
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #283  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Gary, Gina had some (apparently temporary) tattoos in her first couple of performances (not sure if/where she has any permanent ones),

She was probably just trying to figure out what "image" she wanted to portray. She tried the "crying" thing for awhile, that didn't work either.

I really do love tattoos, I am always trying to talk Angie into getting a tattoo of Britney Spears on her back to go with the flowers and heart thing she has already.

but I'm sure you were too busy watching your nearly talentless Barbie doll to notice many of the other contestants

I would bet even money that I was!!

(BTW, I could find at least 50 Haleys any time I go to the mall, so don't try to tell us she's the unique one).

I never ever never said Haley was unique...just darn cute! I haven't been to a mall in years...but...I sure would like to visit yours if there are a bunch of Haley look-a-likes there!

I know it's all in fun or whatever, but the constant Haley photos and leg comments are quite unnecessary
It is all in fun. I Do think it is necessary though, who else will things up?

JILLY ~ when we take that 3FC cruise, I promise to mind my manners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong View Post
Jill, I saw your 'potentially rude comment' which was edited ... it came through on my email notification, obviously before you edited it. I couldn't agree more ... 'nuff said!
I'm so hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
i think its sad to see gina go. ...i personally thought she brought spunk personallity and some life to the otherwise fairly bland idol world..i do think there are some GREAT singers...but honestly most of them are very plain jane normal in looks. I liked the punk rocker looks and didn't mind the tongue ring...this coming from a person who has 3 tattoos

You beat my wife by 1 tattoo! Although she has had one re-done.

and use to have a belly ring (until i decided i was too fat to pull it off LMAO). I think most of the other females are pretty much plain jane...what the consrvative world wants to look at...i like the "Differentness" of gina...but then again..i'm a bit of a rocker chick myself

Oh come on GATORGAL, I am conservative and I like looking at Gina and Haley and well, you know...

And as for sanjaya (sp?)...ughh enough already...darn teeny bobper girls please get a life and stop voting for him..he's killing me!!!!
Take a deep breath dear...he just might win this thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
lol at gary...ah jill its okay..he's just a dirty old man and knows it LMAO (j/k gary...you know i luv harrasing you)

You know me too well GATORGAL

and btw..i would love to look like her...but oh well...although i do think her singing is poor...oh well..she'll get by on life by her looks LOL
We can only hope
Old 04-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #284  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

<------- Gary, that's exactly what the tattoo of Britney would look like
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #285  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

What Noelle? bald headed? Your killin' me!
Closed Thread