General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #346  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

WAYYYYYY out of proportion for sure ... Simon spoke well tonight, I hate to love that guy, but I do like him a lot, I think he's a very smart man...

Yes, we must do the happy dance
Old 04-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #347  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well I am TICKED that Blake is in the bottom three... since it has been totally impossible to vote for him from here in Bothell for the past month or so. I have tried over and over and over, hitting redial for 35-40 minutes... tried waiting an hour or two after the show, same thing. I canNOT vote for him... don't know if it is because the lines are so tied up in his home town or what... but it is impossible to dial in a vote from Bothell! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 202/165/202

Height: 5'7

Old 04-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #349  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

They finally got it right. I'm sure Sanjaya is a fine young man and will do well in the future.

Must say I was surprised Blake was in the bottom 3.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #350  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

RE: Blake.
Personally, I don't trust AI to be the least bit honest about the voting process. They clearly manipulate things for the most drama and ratings, so the only reason Blake was in the B3 was because AI put him there to mess with the audience. We've seen it happen year after year.

I"m happy Sanjaya is finally gone, but it's a shame that more talented contestants had to leave before him. Funny thing is, Simon was sooo eager to see Sanjaya go... but Simon had a hand in putting him on the show in the first place. Dude has a short memory. LOL.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #351  
Addicted to potato salad!

Noelle: I know what you mean about LaKisha...she has a look as if you don't vote for her or say only nice things, she'll wrap your face around the nearest phone pole. Probably not what she's really thinking, but what she looks like she's thinking.

Misti: Blake is my #1 favorite on the show...the one I look forward to most. But this week was probably his worst performance and I think him being in the bottom 3 this week will have a Bo-like effect on him for the rest of the show. Remember he (Bo) was in the bottom three once and it was the last time until there were only he and Carrie left. And then it was close! I hope it really puts pressure on Blake to kick it up a notch for the rest of the remaining weeks...and I miss his beat boxing! i know it was about to be overdone, but a little here and there is cool!

What a relief to finally be rid of Mowgli. On the one hand, he was kind of entertaining to see both what song he was going to butcher and what hairstyle he was going to wear. But on the other hand, every contestant that was voted off before him, it seemed like an insult to even suggest that he was better than they were. Gina, for instance, was far superior to Mowgli, in my opinion. But, in retrospect, Gina would have stunk up the stage in Country week, so it's good she left with her dignity.

Chris, I believe, is way better than he's showing us lately. Maybe the pressure of the show is getting to him. Melinda needs to leave the show and go get a record deal. She's not even in the same class as the rest...she's like having Barbra Striesand competing in a talent show. I love her, but you know what I mean... Jordin is what the show is all about. She's like an insignifact little green rosebud that has blossomed into an extrodinary rose. She's awesome. Blake....he's got a bit of a unique voice and is cute as heck on so many levels. And he's truly talented and has a great voice....but should never, ever sing country again! Phil looks like a vampire and I still hate that he missed the birth of his daughter for American Idol. He could become the next Keith Urban and I'd still hate him for that. Not only missing the birth, but rendering his wife into singlemotherhood while he's doing this. He's got a good voice, but it could have waited till next year's AI try-outs. His voice/talent wouldn't go anywhere.

My 2.5 cents! What's the theme for next week? Anyone know?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #352  
One pound at a time.

[QUOTE=techwife;1660438My 2.5 cents! What's the theme for next week? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Well I read on another site it's songs of hope,compassion and inspiration.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #353  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

www.dialidol.com was perfect last night. I was sooooo happy.

I miss Blake beat boxing... I just can't wait till Tuesday.... I want it more then chocolate
Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #354  
Losin' it forever!

I've been walking around since last night singing, "Ding dong, Sanjaya's gone!"

What's the theme next week?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #355  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeGirl View Post
I've been walking around since last night singing, "Ding dong, Sanjaya's gone!"

What's the theme next week?
Look up songs of hope, compassion and inspiration.

Sanjaya will be on Jay Leno tonight.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 04-19-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

So glad Sanjaya is gone....his stupid evil smile was starting to annoy the **** out of me. Seriously, he looked like he was thinking very evil thoughts when he smiled that huge smile of his, with that evil look in his eyes. I think he thought it was cute.

As far as the Simon/Chris thing....Simon was obviously rolling his eyes at Chris. I actually found myself rolling my eyes at Chris...not because I have no respect for the student/faculty at VT, but because it was so obvious Chris was trying to score votes. Pick another time to send out your condolences....not when Simon is telling you that you didn't do so well.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 AM   #357  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
www.dialidol.com was perfect last night. I was sooooo happy.

I miss Blake beat boxing... I just can't wait till Tuesday.... I want it more then chocolate
Blake's gone?!?!?

Sanjaya's gone?!?!?!

Haven't been able to keep up with the show recently due to a death in the family , and hubby boycotted it after about the 3rd week of them keeping Sanjaya on. He knew then that it was all a popularity contest and NOT about singing.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #358  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

almostheaven, sorry for your loss . Sanjaya finally got booted this week so tell your hubby that you both can watch the show now without wanting to stick a fork in your eye or wearing ear plugs . Blake was in the bottom 3 but will be back .
Old 04-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #359  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I thought you guys might like to see the farewell to Sanjaya video. Too funny!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-tiuW8uPgg

Heidi
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #360  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Quote:
Sanjaya finally got booted this week so tell your hubby that you both can watch the show now without wanting to stick a fork in your eye or wearing ear plugs .
Ain't that the truth
Closed Thread