General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #331  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm sure it was Lilybelle who posted that about knowing Carrie Underwood.

Sorry but I just had to chime in because I ony saw the Latin performances yesterday and Blake was sooooo good! He has a knack for picking the perfect song and making it sound fresh. He's adorable. I can't remember if i mentioned that here In England, we have a British reporter who covers AI and she always interviews the Idols. Not sure if you guys get to see that in The States. She was interviewing Blake and he said he forgets about voting sometimes. He said all his friends were down and they were out bowling and he said to them why are you guys on the phone and they were like we're voting for you, dumbass. It was really cute and humble but not in a Melinda-humble sort of way, ya know?

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to country week cos none of them strike me as country performers. I love some of it, like the old real country and Garth Brooks and Dixie Chicks. I'm dying to see what song Blake chooses. I agree with Misty. I bet he pulls it off!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #332  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I don't know if anyone else saw Jennifer Hudson sing our National Anthem last night at the DODGER game but OH MY GOODNESS! did she ever draaaaaaag it ouuuuuuuutttt...I think we fought the entire war in 1812 faster! I know F.S. Key wrote it quicker...dodging cannon balls and all!

Maybe she can see her "15 minutes of fame" ticking bye-bye
Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #333  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey, Mummy Tummy... I am so glad to hear that you like our "local boy" over on that side of the water. It is hard not to be prejudiced LOL. It IS fun having someone from home in the top!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #334  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Blake is my first favorite and Melinda is my second.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 265/208.5/137.0

Height: 5'2"

Just thought I would pop in here too. I think I am going to have to go with Blake as my favorite too. I am somewhat disappointed with the group this year. At the beginning of this season I said this was going to be the best season yet, but sometime after the hollywood tryouts it seems like they all lost their "umph". I think LaKisha, Chris, and Blake are the only ones that have been consistently good. And bless his heart, Sanjaya is just not a performer. He may have a good voice, which is only showing every now and then, but he isn't cutting it because his singing fails when he has to put the performing (dancing etc.) in there too. Now if he could just sit down at every performance lol....
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #336  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Yee-Haw it's country night.

Don't forget to vote.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #337  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OK ~ I haven't seen American Idol for weeks....isn't holding my interest this year, especially after our little HALEY was so wrongly eliminated last week, but I thought I would give it a go tonight since my DODGERS weren't on TV. I turned it on just in time to see SANJAYA...I think it is safe to say he belongs in a FRIUT BOWL

LaKisha just sang...I thought she did well...off to bed....
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #338  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I still liked Blake the best, he's great! I also thought Chris, Melinda and Phil did good tonight. I read on the internet that Haley is planning her wedding.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #339  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I enjoyed Melinda and Jordin last night. Jordin gets better every week.

Phil was good too and I'm not a fan of him.

Sanjaya needs to go home. However I think there's a few of them worried today.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't pay enough attention to Melinda, but she did sound good. I really liked Jordin's performance, and Phil did a better than usual job.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #341