General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:04 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

This post may be a little late....but I was glad to see LaKeisha (sp) go because she doesnt sing like she wants to win! Her first performance was great (the DreamGirls song) but since then her performances have been mediocre. She hasnt outdone herself.

Melinda is a great singer but I think she is going to have to step it up a notch if she wants to see another week.

Jordin...I think she sings well but she is soooo fake. When Phil left and he was singing his departing song, the camera cut to her. She was bobbing her head to the music THEN she looked up and saw the camera on her, she immediately started looking sad (she lowered her eyes and then wiped a fake tear) I kid you not! Since then I have notice her fakeness. She is still talented, though!

Blake, I like him. He gives the show a different flavor. But he does not rely on his singing voice at all. He is a performer/entertainer but not a great singer. Anywho, last week when he did the Barry Gibb songs, I thought he did too much b-boxing! I was like give me a break. At least one song with b-box and one plain!

Right now it is a toss up! I'm not tooooo impressed with the finalists. Maybe if Phil and Blake switched places I could see it as a straight competition (with a good male singer -Phil- in the finals, giving the ladies a run for their money).

Ok, I've said enough!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #437  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Misti in Seattle great post. So will we look out for you on the show?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #438  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi!

Royal just FWIW when I heard Blake in 3D with his band I was impressed with how good they really are. I actually thought he sounded better live than on AI even. Also, I think part of someone being successful is the entire package... the entertainment ability is important. It is interesting that on AI the judges always criticize the viewers for not focusing on its being a singing competition... but they often go on about the hair and clothes, entertaining, etc. And they are getting paid big bucks... we are volunteers and can vote however we like! It's okay for them to focus on the total package but not for us?? Ain't gonna happen LOL.

And LOL Blake definitely has that, judging on the way he came across in the parade and entire celebration. The guy was energetic and obviously having a blast. And it was obvious all this has not gone to his head... everywhere he went he kept saying "WOW! And I agreed that the beat boxing on the Barry Gibb song didn't work out well... but at this point I think they have to try daring things and hope they work, to stay in the competition. I also think his beat boxing is what is going to set him off big time on his career.

Clydegirl glad you liked the post! I haven't been in any of the news shots so far but was standing right beside or near several who were at different times. So there is a possibility I could be... and LOL I wore a bright pink blouse to work that day, not knowing the show was coming so if I am I will be able to pick me out. I was standing only about 40 feet from the stage off to the right so I could well be in any shots from the air, etc. There were news helicopters flying over but not sure from where.

Blake may very well get voted off this week but even if he does at this point, that's okay. He has already done his home town VERY proud! And when they make it this far on AI their career is launched... they all either make it or don't make it on their own talent and determination. Who would ever have dreamed American Idol would have been parading down the streets of our little ole Bothell. Ha, Blake put us on the map. And we have nothing to be ashamed of because downtown Bothell is gorgeous and always well maintained. Didn't need any "beautification projects" because it always looks clean and nice and has seasonal banners along the street. For photos click on "Visitors and Residents" and then "Photo Album."

http://www.ci.bothell.wa.us/

AND we "forced" American Idol to come back to Seattle to honor our star, even though Simon said they wouldn't. Ha! He will likely never apologize but that's okay... we all know he should! Ha Ha and Ha!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 05-13-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #439  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Ya think?

Thanks for the links MistiSue ~ from the pictures I see not only does he make silly noises he can make silly faces... ...I really love the Blake Look-A-Like contest they held too
Yah and I have two of those look alike faces in my possession too.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:34 AM   #440  

Default Blake

Misti,

What does FWIW mean?

Anywho I will post the same response about Blake: " Blake, I like him. He gives the show a different flavor. But he does not rely on his singing voice at all. He is a performer/entertainer but not a great singer. Anywho, last week when he did the Barry Gibb songs, I thought he did too much b-boxing! I was like give me a break. At least one song with b-box and one plain!"

I think your post basically said some of the same things I said. That he gives the show a different flavor. I KNOW the people sound different live, actually better. Once after watching the show I thought the performances weren't that great and then I heard some of them replayed on the radio...totally different sound. I think it is a matter of opinion and what a person prefers. I look foward to hearing what Blake is going to do but I think sometimes it is overkill. Because I like someone doesnt mean I agree with everything they do and will defend all their choices.

BTW: I am from WA....for that reason sometimes I jump on the Blake wagon!
lol

It's a toss up who wins this year. It could be anybody.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:12 AM   #441  

Opps I realized that FWIW means For What It's Worth. Thanks for the lesson!! :P
Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #442  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, FWIW ( ), I think Blake has a really great voice. And, in the beginning, he did a beat box song or two, then has done NONE until Bon Jovi came on and he did just about the most interesting and unique performances I've ever seen on AI. His voice is very Robert Smith from the Cure and can be very haunting and beautiful. I agree the BeeGees songs didn't need to be b-boxed, but now everyone is saying he does it in EVERY song...as I said, he hasn't done it for most of the season and he was just trying to mix it up a bit.

I believe that Blake is the true artist in the show this year. He's been my favorite since the Jamaroquoi (sp) song way back in the beginning.

Jordin reminds me a lot of McPhee last year. Pretty...great singer...but stuck up. Now, Jordin is very young and may be just getting caught up in the new-found popularity, but arrogance will kill your votes, imho.

Melinda has an over-the-top great voice and showmanship, but just doesn't seem to be very original.

Blake is my favorite by a mile. I can't wait to see the show this week. Misti, did you say that Simon is the judge this week to pick his song and to go to the hometown with him? How exciting for your town!!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #443  
Domestic Engineer

I like Blake too- his voice reminds me a little of Bono (and you are so right he sounds like Robert Smith too). I think he will do awesome in that genre.

Personally- I enjoy them all, but I don't have a favorite. Melinda has an amazing voice, but I'm not sure about the "Idol" part. I like Jordin's voice too, but she bugs me. Anyway- I really don't care who wins at this point.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #444  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow--I feel like I must have missed something when I slept through last week's episode. Did Jordin do something stuck-up-ish? I have always really liked her and never would have deemed her conceited. McPhee--good lord, I couldn't STAND her, but Jordin I really like.

I guess it must be hard for them to come across as being just right. I mean, you've got Melinda and her annoying, "Gosh, you really like me?" or the ones who come across as being stuck up about it. I personally thought Blake had a bit of a big head after his Bon Jovi week on that results show, but he deserved to be proud. But then, Jordin at 17 definitely deserves to be proud of herself as well. I guess it's a fine line, and I think sometimes just seeing a few glimpses here and there on an hour of tv maybe isn't enough to tell the whole story.

In any case, I'm still pulling for the final battle to be between Jordin and Blake. As fabulous a singer as Melinda is, it is basically a pop star competition, not just a singing competition.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post

Blake is my favorite by a mile. I can't wait to see the show this week. Misti, did you say that Simon is the judge this week to pick his song and to go to the hometown with him? How exciting for your town!!
No... at the start of the concert they announced they had just been handed a fax from Paula Abdul choosing Blake's song. Not sure what it was.

My comments in regards to Simon were in reference to his tacky remarks about how terrible the Seattle singers are and that AI would never come back. Well they did LOL. AND that tow of the top three auditioned here. (Blake and Jordin)

We are going to do our best this week to keep Blake voted in.

And Athena... yah I admit to some prejudice LOL.

And Jill I agree... it IS more than just singing but their success is on the total package and how well they present themselves. Melinda is a great singer but her insecurity is a bit much.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #446  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Wow Melinda was in another league tonight. Really excellent.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #447  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

GO BLAKE!!! I still think he's the best and then Melinda; Jordin IMO needs to go.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #448  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

I love Melinda, she's got class ... Time for the other two to leave
Old 05-16-2007, 01:03 AM   #449  

I am amazed at those who say Melinda is so good. Yes, she has a great singing voice but the overdone "humility" thing is going to get her nowhere, IMO. Actually I used to think Jordin was really the best, even though my fingers are numb for pushing redial for Blake <G> -- in recent weeks I think she has gone downhill in that I agree with Simon that she is doing stuff that is way too old for her and old fashioned. Trying to lay aside my prejudices <G> I really do think Blake is by far the most contemporary and marketable.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #450  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Another vote for Melinda here!

Blake has great commercial appeal and Jordin is a beautiful girl with a better than average voice so they all will be "stars", IMO.
Closed Thread