General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #481  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I've never tried coffee....

but I'm voting for Blake all the way!! Each week I get about 100 votes in for him.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #482  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Flubbed line or not, Melinda for me is by far THE BEST and most polished singer on AI ever. I would pay to go to one of her concerts, I can't say that about any of the contestants on this season, or even seasons past.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #483  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
Flubbed line or not, Melinda for me is by far THE BEST and most polished singer on AI ever. I would pay to go to one of her concerts, I can't say that about any of the contestants on this season, or even seasons past.
I totally agree, Melinda is very classy...

I agree with the poster who said that Blake sounds the same no matter what song he sings... For some stupid reason, his mouth bothers me when he sings, it just looks funny... I know, I know it's silly/weird but it does ...
Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #484  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I agree with the poster who said that Blake sounds the same no matter what song he sings... For some stupid reason, his mouth bothers me when he sings, it just looks funny... I know, I know it's silly/weird but it does ...
My DH says the same thing! He says Blake has a "fish mouth"
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #485  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
But Noelle, you would go with me to see Haley and Pickler right? If I paid....so much talent there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I totally agree, Melinda is very classy...

Me too!

Circus material!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
I'm telling you girls now...take it to the bank...this kid is going to make a freakin' $$$$$ fortune doing kids shows and cartoons!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #486  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
But Noelle, you would go with me to see Haley and Pickler right? If I paid....so much talent there

OK Gary, I have no problem SEEING Haley and Pickler, it's hearing them that kills me.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #487  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
OK Gary, I have no problem SEEING Haley and Pickler, it's hearing them that kills me.
****-OOOOO! Just do what I do Noelle...use the MUTE button!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #488  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
O M G I though I was the only one, I'm so happy to hear that!!! 'fish mouth" is a good description
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #489  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL Happy my point was that there is no way on the face of this earth that the judges would have let it slide by if Blake or Jordin had completely forgotten one line of a song and called their performance flawless.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #490  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well, I switched back and forth between the DODGER game and Blake and Jordin.....to be honest, I wasn't too impressed. I think Jordin will take it, Blake would be more fun to listen to at a pizza joint though.

NOW! Don't you all regret voting HALEY off? Boy I sure do!

Now to watch the final DANCING WITH THE STARS with Angie...GO APOLLO and JULIANNE!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #491  
Melinda

S/C/G: 301/285/140

Height: 5"3

I just watched the final and was disappointed also. I think Jordin will win. I'm more of a rock kinda gal so I was kinda hoping Blake will win (he is closer to rock than Jordin is) but i dont see that happening. Either way they will both get record deals.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #492  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I couldn't keep watching after Gina was kicked off.

She's the only person that has ever been on American Idol that I didn't want to gauge their eyeballs out of. Ok... perhaps that's a bit harsh- I must admit that I was kind of fond of Sanjaya and RJ Helton from season 1 went to my high school so I had to support him as much as I couldn't stand the persona he put on to try to win votes- but they all just ANNOY me so much that I've never been able to watch a few minutes of an episode before. I had to watch this season because my roommate did (plus it was on in between 2 shows that I watched) but I'm still upset about Gina.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #493  
Addicted to potato salad!

I liked Gina, too.

Okay...I admit...Jordin definitely out sang Blake last night, but I still like Blake better. Except I couldn't get past his mouth looking like a fish mouth, thanks to you guys! BUT, did you guys see him swinging when he was little and telling his dad he loves him? How cute is THAT!!

Blake has been my favorite since the beginning...and he still is...even is Jordin rocks, too!! I love them both, so either will be fine with me. In fact, I'm leaning toward Jordin because I think her heart will be broken if she loses...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #494  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Jordin outsang Blake last night. I'm sure he will do very well but Jordin will win it tonight. The final song was more suited to a singer like Jordin. Felt bad for Blake as it was so not him.

Did anyone see the glare from Melinda when Jordin was singing?

Anyway that's it almost over for another year. BUT auditions will be coming soon for the next season at a stadium near you
Old 05-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #495  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
Okay...I admit...Jordin definitely out sang Blake last night, but I still like Blake better.
My words exactly. And even if she VOCALLY outsang him, I'm at a loss as to who is going to win. Because VOCALLY...MELINDA outsang EVERYONE. And she got booted. Like Simon said, it IS a singing competition, but like I said earlier, they don't JUST look for the best singer...its an IDOL competition. And Blake has more going for him than the voice. If people vote on JUST last night, I'd say Jordin will take it. But people voting have been there the whole season, not just last night. So I'm up in the air as to who is going to be left on that stage when the roll is called.

Did anyone else think Blake jazzed up "You Give Love A Bad Name" moreso last night than he did the first time? I liked it better last night. I grew up on the original...love Bon Jovi. But I STILL love Blake's version just as much. Whole new song. As I played it off the AI site, hubby just kept commenting (he's old school)..."oops, the record skipped" (You give love, love, love, a bbbbbbad name). BWAHAHAHAH He's soooooo funny. NOT! Men. Sheesh. Maybe EZ can shed some light on why they're like that. LOL JK EZ.
Closed Thread