General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #316  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm definitely not a country fan at all either (quite anti-country, actually), but I do think it's interesting to see how they do since none of them seem quite as "country" as some contestants in past seasons. I think it's a genre that will be good for Chris and maybe Phil (not that I think anything is really good for Phil since I'm not a fan, but ya know), but it will be good to see how Lakesha, Melinda, Blake, etc. adapt to something they're not used to doing. Lord knows not everyone did a great job of it this week
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #317  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I LOVE COUNTRY! Old, new, twangy, pop...whatever the stlye of the times are. America was built on COUNTRY!

DANG! I should've voted...might have saved HALEY ...I'll bet she looks GOOD in cowboy boots...real good! Pickler sure does! RED ones.

Have ya noticed the only IDOLS anyone remembers are the country ones, Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood
Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #318  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

...'cause those country ones are just so dang annoyin' when thar singin' 'bout love, heartache and misery, don't y'all think?

Misty, woo-hoo! Go BLAKE!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

i only remember carrei since they put her country song on the pop radio..and of corse the biggie kelly clarkston. Im going to have trouble watching this weeks..i'm big anti country...sorry people who like it. I've never appreciated country...i like everything BUT country. So it will prob be painful for me to watch in so many different ways LOL
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #320  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Have ya noticed the only IDOLS anyone remembers are the country ones, Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood
Really? That's funny, because Kelly Pickler is about a million miles away from even being on my radar, whereas Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry are the ones I remember most and hear multiple times each day on the radio (and of course we all heard a lot about Jennifer Hudson in recent months). I do like Carrie Underwood--she was my favorite from that season from the very beginning--but I never hear her music since I don't like country. I just thought she seemed really sweet and genuine.

Gatorgal, I agree--painful country music, but at least it's only 7 contestants and it's only for one week
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #321  

Height: 5'8.5"

It definitely depends on what area you are from as to the popularity of country music... most assuredly NOT a favorite in the Pacific NW. But I'm betting our "Bothell Boy" -- Blake -- can do it.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #322  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
...'cause those country ones are just so dang annoyin' when thar singin' 'bout love, heartache and misery, don't y'all think? ....
:
'bout time for another ATTITUDE adjustment don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
i only remember carrei since they put her country song on the pop radio..and of corse the biggie kelly clarkston. Im going to have trouble watching this weeks..i'm big anti country...

sorry people who like it.

OH...so now I'm SORRY PEOPLE huh?

I've never appreciated country...i like everything BUT country. So it will prob be painful for me to watch in so many different ways LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Really? That's funny, because Kelly Pickler is about a million miles away from even being on my radar,

That does not surprise me.

whereas Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry are the ones I remember most and hear multiple times each day on the radio (and of course we all heard a lot about Jennifer Hudson in recent months).

Seriously, do you think we will EVER hear of her again?

I do like Carrie Underwood--she was my favorite from that season from the very beginning--

We have soooo much in common

but I never hear her music since I don't like country. I just thought she seemed really sweet and genuine.

Oh I totally agree, reminds me so much of Kellie Pickler too.

Gatorgal, I agree--painful country music, but at least it's only 7 contestants and it's only for one week
Pretty sure there is not too much to watch A.H. (after Haley)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
It definitely depends on what area you are from as to the popularity of country music... most assuredly NOT a favorite in the Pacific NW. But I'm betting our "Bothell Boy" -- Blake -- can do it.
Does EVERYONE up there smell like teen spirit?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #323  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Both of my daughters love country and they're going to a concert up in Washington next month and Brad Paisley and Kellie Pickler will both be performing. We all love Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry. I think it will definitely be interesting with the 7 contestants and the country selection next week.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Funny thing about Carrie Underwood--there is a member in the Maintainer's forum who knows her. She went to school with one of her kids (if I remember correctly) and it is true--she is just a sweet and genuine girl. I like it when the nice ones win!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

i always laught at carrie's new song...trust me...i think she is cute (and i don't like country). But that song makes me laugh when i hear her sing it. I just can't imagine carrie smashing and trashing her cheating bf's truck. I just can't see that song with her LOL
Old 04-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #326  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Funny thing about Carrie Underwood--there is a member in the Maintainer's forum who knows her. She went to school with one of her kids (if I remember correctly) and it is true--she is just a sweet and genuine girl. I like it when the nice ones win!
I read that here before too, just couldn't remember where. I believe it, she's just a sweet little thing.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #327  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY;1652331

[COLOR="Blue"
Does EVERYONE up there smell like teen spirit?[/COLOR]
Hey when you are pushing 60 as closely as I am you do all you can to stay young.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #328  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Hey when you are pushing 60 as closely as I am you do all you can to stay young.
Your very own NIRVANA
Old 04-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

speaking of Kellie Pickler...I met her the day before she got kicked off...she was with her little new puppy she named her 'ellie" she said "like Kellie without the K". haha! Seriously..

Tina
Old 04-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #330  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

See! I told you she was precious!!
Closed Thread