General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:03 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Ok...I bow down!!!! Blake did JAM tonight. I do like his voice. I only listen to contemporary Christian music so I am trying to figure out who sings in that same style. I know Toby Mac does different things with music but I can't figure out what Christian artist sounds similar to his singing voice...NewsBoys???

Hmm, anywho, I also hope Melinda makes it. I think she outsung Jordin!

It is a toss up...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #452  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with what Randy said at the end of the night, that if it were really just a SINGING competition, it would be a 2-girl finale--sorry, Blake! That said, I still think Blake gets bonus points for originality, youthfulness, and being the most likely, in my book, to be able to release a very current and popular album. Then again, I think Jordin can sing just about ANYTHING and make it sound great, so I bet once the producers get their hands on her and force her to sing the songs they've had written for her, her older song choices will no longer be an issue. Melinda just has an overall "older" feel to me--not in her song choices, but in her appearance and demeanor and such--and while she is an AMAZING singer, I can't say she's really what AI is all about to me. I think she will be in the finale, though, after last night's performances.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:05 AM   #453  
Addicted to potato salad!

I checked Dial Idol and they have Blake in last place with a very close margin to Jordin and Melinda in the lead by one point. They all say with the margin of error, any of them could go. It's just measuring busy signals...tonight we'll know for sure.

If Blake goes, I probably won't watch anymore. Not protesting, just not interested in Jordin or Melinda. Blake adds that 'what will he do this week?' flavor to the show...Melinda will always sound like Gladys Knight and Jordin will always sound like a Whitney McPhee hybrid. Blake is a true artist, who will probably write and produce his own songs. Jordin will sing whatever songs are already written for her and call them her own. Many recording artists do this and I find it annoying. She should just go to Disney and be on the next Disney Mania album. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that, like Chris Daughtrey, he breaks the mold a bit and does his own thing...Blake even does it more than Chris Daughtrey as Blake's sound and talent, to me, is more original than anyone else's on AI as long as I can think back to. Don't get me wrong...I love Daughtrey, Jordin and even Disney Mania CDs, but Blake is my favorite on AI ever. He's just a great artist...and wicked cute, besides.

So, tonight, I'll probably bounce back and forth watching the Buffalo Sabres be eliminated from the playoffs AND watch Blake get voted off AI. (insert the song Taps) Now I won't have anything to watch on TV until the 07/08 hockey season starts!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #454  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm at a loss as to who is going to go tonight. Jordin's better than what I initially thought of her, but I STILL like Blake and Melinda the best. Yeah, Melinda's not the AI material in personality and style, but she CAN sing, better than anyone on the show I thought from the beginning. And Blake's not the best voice, but he's got more ORIGINALITY than anyone ever has had in the history of the show. I LOVE how he can change songs and make them sound fresh and new, while still keeping the original song in tact...you know what he's singing, you remember the song and can sing along with him, but it sounds different still.

Jordin? She's just another good singer the way I see it. She's not the BEST singer, and she's not original. That's why I guess I lean more towards Blake and Melinda. Regardless of who goes, they're all going to be stars. Some that have made idol are nothing, while the runner ups have become household names. So making AI isn't the deciding factor. The public still decides. They decide who's CDs to buy and who's music to listen to after all is said and done.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #455  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I am amazed at those who say Melinda is so good. Yes, she has a great singing voice but the overdone "humility" thing is going to get her nowhere, IMO. Actually I used to think Jordin was really the best, even though my fingers are numb for pushing redial for Blake <G> -- in recent weeks I think she has gone downhill in that I agree with Simon that she is doing stuff that is way too old for her and old fashioned. Trying to lay aside my prejudices <G> I really do think Blake is by far the most contemporary and marketable.
I agree with you 100%! IMO, if it were down to the two girls, it would be very boring and I know I won't be watching it anymore. I used to like Melinda a lot, but she has gotten to be so predictable. Like Simon said last night, Blake is the only one out of the three that he credits for taking chances and going out of his comfort zone.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #456  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I really thought Melinda has improved vastly on the humility thing. It's been MANY weeks since I've seen that wide-eyed, "gosh, you really like me?" look. She used to do it all the time, but then Simon called her on it one week, and I haven't noticed it since.

Just another example of how we all see different things when watching the same show
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #457  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I really thought Melinda has improved vastly on the humility thing. It's been MANY weeks since I've seen that wide-eyed, "gosh, you really like me?" look. She used to do it all the time, but then Simon called her on it one week, and I haven't noticed it since.

Just another example of how we all see different things when watching the same show
I agree 100%! I remember when Simon pointed that out to her and she stopped immediately!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #458  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post

I remember when Simon called her on it, she's been much better since...
Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #459  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I didn't even watch last night...didn't even care...with my DODGERS on and DANCING WITH THE STARS...I just don't have time for such nonsense.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #460  

NOT TO MENTION HOCKEY!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!

...hopefully not for the last time till next season...
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #461  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Techwife, your avatar makes me so happy
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #462  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Shoot! One of my favs is gone.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #463  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was a little surprised by the vote off tonite, I expected it would be one of the others. But, if I remember correctly same thing happened to Chris Daughtery last yr. and he was obviously the best singer. Either way these last 3 will have a lot of great career opportunities.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #464  

Oh my Gawd...Blake stayed AND my Sabres won!! I thought I was going to lose both last night!!

The show is at the point where I feel bad no matter who goes, though. I DO like Melinda...she's just not my favorite. I like Jordin, too... At least the three best in the show ended up in the top three. Unlike last year. I LOVED Taylor, but he wasn't even close to being the best in the show.

Anyhoo...at least Blake will be in the final show!! YAY!! I hope he wins!! Purely just for originality, sexy voice and because he's a cutie patootie

SoulBliss: Thanks! The little boy behind the smile makes ME so happy!!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #465  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

That was a surprise last night. Bit like when Chris got voted off last year. I'm sure Melinda will be very successful no matter what.

As for the finale I've no idea who I want to win. It will come down to who I think is better next week when they perform.
Closed Thread