Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #136  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morgaine - Congrats on the headshot shoot! How did they come out? Gotta love adobe even in Elements you can do a ton but Photoshop really does rock my world. A bit pricey for 600.00 bucks a copy though. I am trying to branch out into portraits...been doing a lot of engagement shots. Trying to multitask so I don't get pigeon holed. Glad to hear you are feelin better!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

I have a question, if we're getting close to our goal should we increase our calorie intake?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #138  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I guess it depends on how much and fast you want to lose the last of your weight. I do know though that the more weight you lose the less calories you need. I do something called calorie cycling so I never eat the same amount of calories daily. It is just a way to switch things up and get the body moving. You are really close though to your goal so keep up the good work!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #139  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Im with Tina as you lose weight and weigh less the amountof calories you need just to maintain is less. Therefore if you are going to continue to lose weight you have to eat less...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #140  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

I'm with the others, you need fewer calories. Unfortunately. If you read Meg and Mel's postings, they ususually maintain on about 1400, if I remember correctly.....but they also workout like crazy.

Stephie, what was the yoga workout that you liked so much?

I just got all the Cathe dvd's I ordered; did the gym workout for back, shoulders and biceps and got fried. She has you doin weights and then resistence bands at the end, and I was surprised to see what a good burn I got going with the bands. Haven't really used them much before.

Yesterday was a good exercise day, bad eating day. But am back on track. Think I was really tired from another 4 am wakeup. Went to the ENT doctor about my vertigo...he figured out what it is....a long name...benign parydox...somethingsomething vertigo....residue in my inner ear due to aging. Have to sleep sitting up for the next two weeks to see if I can get rid of it. Well, at least I know there's a possible cure. Even sitting up, I was tired enough to get a good night's sleep.

Morgaine, glad you are doing better. Can you do anything about the overscheduling?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Susan
Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #141  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well it is storming here today so I guess staying inside and cleaning will be the name of my game today. I was just watching a bit of the news this morning and saw that more terrorist attacks had been planned for the U.S. but thankfully for now have been disarmed. This makes me so upset. I just wish I could get in these peoples brains and understand why they hate us so much. My greatest hope would be for this world to live in peace but I know that is a long way away if ever. It is just so upsetting with September 11th right around the corner. Anyway on to something else that won't depress me. I did good yesterday food and exercise were great. Calories came in at 1828 and I got in a walk and weights. The doctor went good so hopefully I won't have to go back for my foot. Today will be the treadmill due to weather and cleaning.

Morgaine don't feel embarrassed at all. We all have days that we are overwhelmed and that is what we are all here for to support each other. I am with you though when I have PMS things seem to be 100 times worse then they really are. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a great day!

Steph hope you have a good couple of days away even though it is for work. Try and get in some relaxation time this time around. Have a good day!

Susan well at least the doctor has figured out what is causing the vertigo. Sleeping sitting up though does not sound like fun, but I bet you would do anything to just feel better at this point. Hope you start to feel better. Have a great day!

Well you all have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning Ladies -

I'm back down to 146 today, the weight I was before I started freaking out and carbing out, so I'm feeling lots more positive about things.

Stephi - I've been drooling over Photoshop, but the $$ just aren't there right now. I can't justify buying it while I"m still trying to pay off the big bill from the new Nikon D-50 outfit I got in May. Since photography is part-time for me, the $$ just aren't generated fast enough.

Susan - there's no way to change my schedule at this point. I've made certain commitments that have at least a month yet to go. And then, the schedule increases because as soon as this show goes into production, three of my rehearsal nights are replaced by three nights of teaching art classes at a vocational school. And that will last for 6 weeks. I do always take off the winter quarter, so about October 22nd, I will be looking forward to only having one full time job and one part time job and no additional commitments. Geesh!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #143  

Morgaine, I just sent you a private message...S.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #144  

What kind of art do you make?

I'm a stained glass artist & instructor. Plus the photography.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #145  

I used to be a fiber artist...for many years...managed a cooperative gallery. Then I got divorced, got into jewelry making, but that was too hard edged...ended up in paper making, book making, and that all has evolved into mixed media. Just this last year I started painting, and like it very much, but with trying to become a personal trainer...all the art endeavors are on hold. My goal is to retire from my job in a year or so, do personal training part time, and do my art the rest of the time....wouldn't life be wonderful!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 AM   #146  

Morning all! Friday at last! Had a good lower body workout this morning, lots of lunges and squats, and some interesting variations on floor leg work with resistence bands. Tonight after I work with my clients I will get my cardio in.

Second night of sleeping semi-sitting up....went alot better...must be getting used to it.

Am tired of seeing the scale yo-yo. Ate well yesterday but it shows up 2 pounds gain, which I know does not make sense, and since I don't get my period has no accounting. Think I am just going to throw that scale away...no I can't bear to do that. Maybe hide it for the week downstairs.

Tina, hope your cleaning went well. Stephie, how do you advertise, or is it all word of mouth? Morgaine, package is going out today.

Have a good Friday everyone!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #147  

Good Morning ladies -

Well, I was bad last night. BAD BAD BAD.

Up 3 pounds this morning. Ack!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #148  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Finally I have made it into the 140's. I lost 4.5 lbs this week but some of that was due to my period being here last week. I have been doing my exercise and eating to the tee though for a few weeks now and I am so glad I am getting the results I want. I went to Jc'Pennys last night just me no kids and twirled around until they closed. I was so happy when I put on a pair of 10 jeans and up they went. I feel like I can see the light at the end of my tunnel. This next week is going to be difficult since my husband starts vaction but we are going to be home most of the time so that will make it easier. I am just going to have to fight to stay in the 140's now. I don't ever want to go backwards again. Well this weekend we are going camping and to the town fair with my family. I guess I should not call it camping since we are staying at a hotel, but my moms camper is going to be filled with people so perfect excuse for me. During the week cleaning up the yard and just putzing around the house and then the next weekend hopefully the Renassiance Faire and then the next day a birthday party. After that the kids go back to school.

Susan I have to sometimes have my husband hide the scale on me because I get to where I am on it everyday a couple times a day and that can get depressing. I am sure your body is changing even though the scale is not. Hope you have a great weekend!

Morgaine I am also sure that the 3 pounds is alot of bloat and not fat. You don't just gain 3 pounds overnight. Like Susan said maybe now is not the best time to worry so much about losing weight as it is just getting through what needs to be done. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and can find some time to relax.

Steph hope all is going well for you while you are out of town. Have a great weekend! I know I say this everytime but try and have some relaxation time while your away.

Angel and Mrs. Hillflipper I hope you both are doing good! I think about you all often!

Well ladies have a great weekend! The weather is going to be beautiful by me hope the same for all of you!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #149  

Tina - oh yes, I'm sure the 3 pounds is a lot of bloat - especially since part of "being bad" inculded 3 margaritas rimmed in lots of salt.

I'm not worrying about it - I knew full well when I agreed to go out with friends last night that this would happen. It will probably take me 2 days or so to go back down - but I figured an evening with friends and not worrying about the diet was exactly what I needed right now.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #150  
Red Team Member

Morgaine I would take three pounds temporarily for time out with friends and margaritas anyday! Enjoy your day!
Closed Thread