Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #91  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Angel-that Skyzone sounds like a fabulous place. Didn't you want to try it at all? must have been lots of fun to watch.

Flip...I lost weight by slow hard work. I worked with a trainer for much of the time, and that kept me on the straight and narrow. Working out has never been my problem...it's my binge eating.

Stephie...I didn't know grownups played kickball. I have wonderful memories of it from grade school....but never thought of it as a grownup game. Do you use a big ball and run bases? Or is it a different game entirely?

Tina, so glad you had a good day. Dealing with the kids and still taking the time to care for yourself is so hard. I admire your persistence.

Morgaine, how are you feeling now...back on the straight and narrow?

Today is going to be a difficult day....have a lot of vertigo, but am hoping it will disappear. Am training tonight, and hope to be able to workout afterwards. Found out yesterday that we are going to get a midyear bonus at work...Yay! With all my travel to visit grandbaby, I can use the extra cash.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #92  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Yesterday was another great day of exercise and eating. Calories came in yesterday at 1370. I have to admit though I am glad I get to eat a bit more today. I will make it healthy though. I am starting to feel so much better with the fresh fruits and veggies and regular exercise. I think I forgot how good I feel when I treat my body right. My energy level is so much higher. Today I have weights and treadmill to do. I am going to a baseball game tonight with the family. It will be nice to get out I just am hoping it does not rain. Hey girls I was just wonder were you all live at. If you don't want to say no big deal but I was just curious to see where we all are at. I live in Illinois near Chicago. Not the best place to live weather wise but a ton to do.

Susan I hope you start to feel better. My dad has vertigo and complains alot about it. Hope your training goes well for you tonight. Have a good day!

Angel sounds like you are doing good. That Skyzone does sound fun. It would be fun for adults to do if there were no kids there to make fun of us. Have a good day!

Steph when you first started running how did you do it. I mean did you just run a straight mile or did you have to walk-run. I just am curious. Hope you have a great day!

Mrs. Hillflipper and Morgaine I hope you both are doing well. Have a great day!

Well off to pick up a bit. Have a great day ladies!!!! Tina
Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #93  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morning Ladies!
Well still sore from the stupid kickball double header. I am tired of being sedentary....today I will workout no matter how sore I am. Yesterday I had a setback with a piece of chocolate cake but onwards and upwards right? I have to be able to indulge every once in a while if I am going to master this thing for life right? Just need to be on my best bahavior today.

mrshillflipper - I worked in corporate America for quite a while and it had afforded me a very snazzy wardrobe almost all of which I had outgrown. I was stuck in a cycle of buying bigger clothes just to fill them up and need to buy bigger clothes again. I liken this to goldfish syndrom you know a goldfish will grow to whatever the size of bowl he is in...bigger bowl bigger fish etc...Anyway I did not want to buy new clothes and have to give away my others so I decided I needed to get down to business. Most of my loss has come from learning to run.

angel - Yep kickball. it was a blast but I am still sore which I am not happy about, it is so hindering my other workouts. Aerobics on a trampoline would be a blast but I would be worried about injuries.

susan - Its the same game from gradeschool just with middle aged adults Our park and rec league hosts it. Its funny the 'official' rules state no Bouncies hehe.

Tina - I followed the coolrunning.com's couch to 5k program. Went from not being able to run 30 seconds to being able to run about 2 miles in a little under 2 months. It is a fantastic program!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #94  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls....
Still trying to cope with this head cold of mine. Onto day 3 now, and I still fell like poop. And....I AM POOPED!!! Major head congestion, so much so that I get the whoosh whoosh affect like a heart beating in my ears!!! NOt much excercising going on, but my food is great and OP. Heck...I even lost 1.5 lbs. Try to stay cool everyone!!!

Susan....yeah, I would have loved to try the trampoline place, but with this cold of mine, I'm very unsteady on my feet and for the last few years....I'm very motion sensitive. I get dizzy watching rides at the amusement park, driving in mountains, sitting in the backseat of a car while driving, stepping down a stopped escalator (watching the lines on the steps) AND jumping on a trampoline. WEIRD huh? anyways, I know my limitations so I"m content to just watch off and on. Besides, my gf and I caught up on all the news for an hour!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello there everyone -

I've gotten back on track and I'm down a couple of pounds. Now sitting at 148. One more pound to go and I'll be where I was on 7/12. Basically I've been messing around with the same 3-4 pounds for two weeks.

Dance rehearsals start tonight, so my exercise will be taken care of.

have fun everyone!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #96  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Three days in a row of staying on track now that is something I have not done in awhile. I can feel the difference though. I don't feel so blah and my energy is way up. Yesterdays calories came in at 1713 and I got in a 30 min. cardio on the treadmill and weights. I am ready to do this and do it the right way. The ballgame was fun. My husbands work has season passes so they have there own room and sectioned off seating. The kids really liked it. The Jackhammers lost though but still just the company was fun. I will admit I had a ballpark hotdog last night but I had enough calories left for it. Today I am relaxing. I think I will start my new book and since dinner is leftovers I don't have much to do today. Tonight I will walk with my sister-in-law so no treadmill today. I am really hoping to see some good results tommorow on the scale. Well ladies I hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #97  

Hi all! Tina and Morgaine, you are doing so well...three cheers!!!

Angel, hope you start feeling better. At least you're getting the benefit of losing some weight during this time. Rest up and don't overdo!

Steph....that goldfish analogy reminds me of a goldfish I had when I was teaching kindergarten....it started out regular sized, black and white and gold, but since it was alone in a huge fishtank, it grew and grew and grew, and by the end of two years the colors had all faded so that it was kind of a mushy white. The kids were amazed.

Used the elliptical last night for 20 minutes after pt training, then woke at 5:30 this morning and went over to the gym for another 40 minutes of cardio. Don't seem to have the stamina I had before the stroke, but that may be due to the few weeks of inactivity. Worked up a good sweat today though, but I'm tired now. It used to be I felt invigorated. Guess it will take a while.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #98  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

wooohooo, sounds like everyone is ON BOARD AND OP!!!

Morgaine....great job on getting back to 148!!! I knew you could do it.

Susan....5:30am? I was still dreaming in la la land!! That is fantastic!! I wouldn't worry about your stamina, it is understandable after your stroke. If you continue to have concerns though, please talk with your doctor. We need you healthy!!

Tina....How you doing? A good curl up with a book really sounds good, what are you planning to read? I'm in between books right now.....any reccommendations?

Well last night I sure slept better, didn't wake up until a huge storm at 6:30 this morning. No whoosh whoosh today in my head, so thats good but still stuffy and congested. I'm also taking that 'airborne' fizzy tablet, so hopefully all those vitamins will give a good kick to those germs. My neice and her finance (and his 2 kids) arrive tonight for the weekend. Hopefully all will go well, my boys just love her and we'll be going wedding dress shopping. WW meals are already planned so **fingers crossed**. Have a great day!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #99  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well ladies today I feel like supergirl. All the bills for the month have been miraculously paid...the house is sparkly and clean...extra hours have been put in for work and best of all I am past my running plateau yeah!!!!! Yesterday I did awesome on calories, got a run in some stretching and even those dreaded stairs. Even though thing with the budget are still crappy I am feeling so much more positive and in control. I can really tell in my eating! Not much going on today have to work the at home job all afternoon. Then I get to give back these puppies I have been babysitting. Will probably go eat out of town (and be good) then come back and get a workout in.

Angel - My MIL has an inner ear infection and her head is doing the same thing. Can't get rid of it. Hopefully yours is just a cold. Hope you get to feeling better.

Morgaine - oooh dance rehearsals that sounds like fun with built in exercise! What kind of dance do you do? I used to do ballet.

Tina - You are doing so awesome really sticking it to those calories and getting that exercise in. You are now our official mascot of thinspiration hehe.

susan - Haha that is just how I feel all white mushy and too big j/k. WTG on getting that exercise in early. That is when you can really tell where a persons priorities are...missing out on sleep to workout...hard to do.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #100  
Red Team Member

Hey Steph I just wanted to tell you I checked out that cool running website and I think I am going to try it. I am going to follow the couch to 5k also and see how I do. It looks like it takes you through it nice and slow. Wish me luck.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello - still bopping around with the same 2 pounds 148-149. Geesh.

Steph - The dance routines we've been doing so far are sort of jazz, I guess, but we'll be incorporating in some tap pretty soon. I can't wait for that.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #102  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well my youngest son keeps getting up earlier and earlier. Today it was 6:30 and I though I was having a nightmare when I heard him. It is so gloomy here today a nice sleep in would of been nice. Maybe a little snooze this afternoon though. Tonight we are going over to the in-laws for my father-in-laws birthday. They are having fried chicken and all the trimmings. Lord help me. I have saved my big calorie day for today though in preperation. Yesterday was another good day for me. I got in my cardio and calories came in at 1535 right on track. The scale was good to me this week also. I weighed in at 153.5 two pounds down from last week and that is with my period here. I could not be more pleased. It just goes to remind me that eating right and exercise do pay off! This weekend is going to be HOTTTTT so inside is my plan. I don't do heat unless I am by water.

Angel hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family coming in from out of town. Wedding dress shopping sounds fun. I got really lucky and the first dress I tried on I loved and better yet it was in a outlet store for 250.00. I am starting a book by a author named Audrey Howard she is really hard to find but if you can she is my fav.

Steph I signed up at that cool running website. It has some great tips and advice. I am going to make 5k my new goal.

Susan I wished you lived closer since you get up so early I could have my son go over to your house for coffee.

Morgaine how is the dancing going. Do you perform in shows?

Mrs Hillflipper hope all is going well for you!

Well ladies have a great weekend!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 PM   #103  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well eating was ok last night. Till I binged at 11 pm. Totally was my fault. I need to make sure my calories are spread out more so I dont get the munchies. Ran a little, walked a little, did stairs till I wanted to collapse and ofcourse got my stretch on. Feeling awesome about being OVER my monthly goal for once. Gotta keep it up it is now a personal challenge to see by HOW MUCH I can be over hehe.

tina - careful running is addicting I was stalled for 4 months as far as weight goes but the last 2 months of running have been rearranging my body. I lost about an inch and a half off my hips/butt and and inch off my waist just from running alone. Everything just feels a bit more tone and it was awesome for my self confidence. Congrats on the loss, you are doing so awesome!

morgaine - That sounds so fun I wish we had a decent dance studio where I live, I miss it.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #104  

Happy Monday all! Just a brief note to say hi before I take off for the gym. It's 5:30, had a good night's sleep, have all my meals prepared for the week--just have to make the salads; house fairly clean, laundry done, plants watered. And I got my haircut and dyed on Saturday. I feel on top of things. Worked out on saturday, did LB; yesterday took a 2 mile walk and then walked around all day downtown DC, ended up at the newly renovated American Portrait and Art Museums.

So new week, here I come!

Talk to you all later.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #105  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Today it is HOT HOT HOT!! I think it is like this across the map though. I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I hate the heat and more then that I hate humidity. This weekend was the first in a very long time of good weekends food and exercise wise. I stayed on point with my calories except on Sat. I had a few drinks that pushed me over. I feel like I am back in this again though. I went out and bought a little food scale and I tell you it is really a help. I know they give guidelines for how big a serving size should be but it is nice to see with my own eyes. Not much going on today or this week for that matter. With it being so hot we stay inside. Today I have weights and treadmill to do. I hope you all had a great weekend!
Closed Thread