Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #16  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

OMG!!! That would def. freak me out. Do they know what caused the stroke? Glad to hear that you are now out and able to be home. Thankfully, your son can visit with you awhile. I bet you had time for some inner reflection, what a very scarey thing to have happen to you. I'm glad to hear you are now okay!!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

They are not sure what caused the stroke...but everything looks clear now in my brain...there's no blockage showing. Hopefully it was a one time thing and I can move on from it. I see my regular doctor on Thursday and she will hook me up with a neurologist. In the meanwhile, I am so BORED...I have even done all the mending I had sitting around since last year...hemmed two pair of pants, sewed buttons on clothes, and am now going to tackle all the piles of papers on the dining room table. This is NOT the way I want to be forced to clean my house! <grin>

Since my son flew in from CA to be with me, I am having him do all the chores I've been postponing for months. Poor guy.

Anyhow, I will check in later in teh week...won't have much to report since I'm not allowed to do anything but rest....hope everyone's week goes well.

Susan.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #18  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies! I have been MIA for a few days! Susan I am glad to hear it was a small stoke only and you are feeling better but I can imagine even a small one is a scare. You will have to keep us updated on your condition and how you are feeling. I hope you all had a nice holiday! I am so tired from running here and there. I am going to admit that the eating was awful from Sat. on and it is really hard for me even today to get back in the swing. I have gained weight this week of that I am sure and it makes me so mad but I guess not mad enough to put the hot dog down. I have to get my head back in this and fast. I am so easily derailed. I will do it though. Susan your scare although not good put some fear into me. I have to take care of myself because if a stroke can happen to a healthy person a unhealthy person is really at risk. Angel I hope you are feeling better. So starting right now I am going to try to get in my water for the day and watch the food. I have to turn this around before I get too out of hand. Well I hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #19  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

DO you gals mind if I join you? I am 25 and looking to drop the last 12 lbs to become that amazingly stunning girl I know I can be. I am a runner and a wanna be gym bunny. Eating is my biggest hurdle in the battle of the bulge. I am a photographer, married for a little more than a year and mommy to a 2 yr old cocker spaniel.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #20  

Hi Stephie, welcome to the group. The more the merrier, and better support for all of us, of course!

Well, another day of enforced rest. I see my GP tomorrow and she willl let me know what I can and can't do, and whether I can go back to work. Meanwhile my DS has cleaned the gutters, fixed the closet door, replaced lightbulbs and caulked all the places that were leaking in the cellar wall and steps from the big storms. Love having him around, but I think, as long as I am deemed ok by the GP, he will be happy to go back to California and away from "chores". It was good having him here. I guess I was a little anxious about being alone this first week after the stroke.

Actually saw 158 on the scale yesterday, but I think it's not here to stay, at least for a while. unless I can start exercising again. My metabolism is so slow right now.

Angel, how is that throat of yours? Tina, good luck with the reversal....getting back in gear is hard...but think about all the great fruits you can get right now, and salads.....this is the time to really push! DC, how were your trips? How did they go?

Susan
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #21  
Red Team Member

Wow we have quite a little group now don't we! It is wonderful! I can't wait until we all meet our goals. Steph I am glad that you found us. You are really close to your goal keep up your good work! Susan I hope the doctor goes good for you today! Let us know how it went and what the doctor says. It was really nice of your son to come and help you. I bet you were glad to have the company. Angel how have you been feeling? I hope you are on the road to recovery also. I have to be honest with you all I ate awful again yesterday. I don't know what my deal is but I have to turn this around and FAST!! I felt awful by the time yesterday evening rolled around and I know it was due to eating junk all day long. I felt like a failure. I am going to try really hard today to get going in the right direction. I have been feeling a bit down lately and I think the food is a part of that also so I have many reasons to turn this around. DC I hope you are having a nice vaction. When you get back you will have to let us know how it was. Well I hope you all have a great day and hopefully I will report better tommorow!

Last edited by Tina30; 07-06-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #22  
soon to be goddess

well today I just forced myself to go to the gym. NO more if's ands or butt's!! hehe, pun intended.... I'm still on a few more days worth of meds for the strepthroat, but I really needed to get back into it with some COMMITTMENT!! Its sooo easy to 'not go' and then before you know it,,,,,,a few days roll into a week and then a month goes by and you think....WHAT THE?? I didn't do too badly either, I was a clock watcher but I know that'll change. So here's to a better day than yesterday....

Hi Stephie.... Nice to meet you! Last fall we vacationed in Colorado, WE LOVED IT!!!

Tina.....you and me girl !!! small baby steps!!! Today is my first OP day in a while, plan to succeed on one meal at a time and then the whole day will be OP and a day of success to build on .....then day #2. My eating hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been great either. Too many carbs is my problem....

Susan.....glad you're feeling better. Hope your GP appt goes well and you get the green light!! Enjoy ds while he's here....nice to have him around though, right? Is he married?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #23  

Goood morning! Internist yesterday said they think stroke might have been due to the severe eye migraine I had...compressing a bloodvessel so hard that it caused the stroke. I see the neurologist on Monday, and an eye doctor so that I can drive again...they want to make sure my field of vision is clear.

Definitely hit 158 but after a friend came and fed us all sorts of goodies yesterday it may fluctuate. Need to get back on the wagon today.

DS is going to stay until Monday so he can take me to the doctors. My own personal chauffer (sp?)....it's great....and I can even "kiss" the chauffer!

Hope everyone has a great day...yesterday was a gorgeous day here...haven't poked my head out yet today but the sun is shining.

Susan
Old 07-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #24  
soon to be goddess

Susan.....More doctor visits, well I guess thats to be expected. At least this appt went well. Enjoy your time with your handyman/chauffeur/errand runner/ son!!!! You'll hit the 158....hang in there, one friends goodies isn't enough to bring you back up into the 60's.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #25  
Red Team Member

Hello ladies! Well today is weigh-in day and it was not so good for me alothough I knew that it would not be. I gained 3 pounds from last Friday. I am surprised that is it seemings how I ate everything under the sun. I am going to have a way better week next week. I was disappointed with myself but I am not going to let it bring me down. I will use it to push me this coming week. Susan I am glad to hear that your doctors are on the road to finding the cause of the stroke. Good job hitting 158. That is wonderful. Well today starts my husbands vaction so I don't know how often next week I will be checking in. I know we are going camping Sunday thru Tuesday so I will check in on Wed. more then likely. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #26  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies I am 2 lbs closer to goal. My financial struggles along with this 5k I am training for have been doing the trick I guess. SO long and GOODBYE for LIFE! I am tired of losing and regaining this same 2 lbs. I reallly need to make it stick this time. Not much on tap for me today. Just got done with work...gotta get my run in tonight as well as maybe a bit of yoga/pilates. I am sore from strength training earlier this week so man oh man could I use it. Camping this weekend eh? Well have fun!

artmaker - wow can I borrow your DS my hubby has a honey do list that in ancient by now...

tina - I can relate to eating junk breeding eating more junk. You jyst have to be able to turn it around midday...so what if you had a rough morning...follow it with an angelic night

angel eyes- I totally get what you are saying about the gym. When you have been away for a while it is so hard to drag yourself back there...but once you get a routine you start to feel like you are on a roll...why ruin a good thing right?
Old 07-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #27  
Red Team Member

I was just reading your post Steph and I can't believe how much sense it made to me. What was I thinking when I would have a bad morning and just continue all day with that attitude. I am going to write that quote down and post it on the fridge. I am with you on losing and gaining the same two pounds over and over. I have had it I just want to get out of that grouping and into a whole new one. Well I hope you have a good run tonight and I hope things start to look up for you on all other fronts. Have a good day!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #28  
soon to be goddess

Hey girls....just made it back from the gym and grocery shopping. I did a great elip. workout and then just for fun, I tried the room at the back of the gym which has all the 'curves' style equipment. That was neat, boy did it go by fast also. I did the circuit twice....and was dripping with sweat by the end. Yuck and yeah!!! As for grocery shopping, when did fruit get sooo expensive IN THE SUMMER??? Isn't it supposed to be that way in the off season? I did score in the chicken aisle though... Here I was, just looking at the nice plump chickens that normally run for $7.00 and saw some mismarked for only $1.80. WHAT THE???? okay, normally I would point this out to a clerk, but I ran straight to the checkout counter with my 5 whole plump (and yummy) chickens!!!! As you can see, I have no life and groceries are fun for me!!! so sad....

stephie....good job!! woohooo

tina....I'm with you....def. not a good weighin for me either. Last week I forgot to weigh in and then I was sick, so today was a start weight for me to kick off ww's. Just a smidge under 200, but I'll take it. Next week I will be leaner and lighter!!! We can do this Tina!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #29  

Angel, good deal with the chickens! I think supermarkets are fun...espec the good ones. i go to a korean market that has the best produce....and really inexpensive fruits....DS took me yesterday and I stocked up on blueberries and strawberries and mangoes. Last night I cooked, and this morning I cooked, so we are set with meals for the rest of DS's visit plus for me for work (if I get the ok to drive again). I used to say that a good supermarket was like church to me....especially early in the morning when no one is around and everything looks fresh and healthy.

This morning DS and I took a walk through the woods near by, ended up taking a side path and doing about 2.5 miles....even tho' I'm not supposed to exercise, I figured it was not exercise...it was life being lived. Felt wonderful to be active again. Monday I see the neurologist and hopefully will get the ok to go ahead with everything else... Had an echocardiogram yesterday which appears to show my heart looks fine.

Stephie, it sounds like you are really on the right track...you sound very positive...may it continue!

Tina, have a wonderful trip!

Susan
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #30  
soon to be goddess

Susan....I'm so glad your visit with your son is now in its...."enjoying his visit" phase rather than the emergency stressfull time it was at first. I promise I won't tell your dr. about your long walk/hike... It probably did you the world of good to get out and get some fresh air.
Closed Thread