Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #106  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

So bad news for my workouts. Last night I was playing in my kickball league. I stretched before it but had not done any running to warm up. Pulled my groin REEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY badly from sprinting to 1st base as fast as I could go. So now I am hobbling around my house. Takes me 20 minutes to get up my stairs. I am so disappointed as this week is a short one for me. I am going out of town Thursday night on assignment. Eating will have to be 100% angelic to combat this!

Susan - Sounds like you were superwoman this weekend and got everything in order way to go! I am a museum nut, so jealous those are within walking distance of you rofl.

tina - I too have portion distortion. A food scale sounds like a good idea. It is hot hot hot here too. So I hear ya about needing to get that exercise indoors
Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Oooh Stephie - that groin pull sounds like it hurts something fierce (although I have to be honest - I thought only guys got groin injuries!) Anyway - I hope you feel better soon.

I switched from Atkins to Scarsdale this weekend and I'm down half a pound. 12.5# more to goal. I'm getting really tired of how long this is taking....
Old 07-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #108  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Morgaine, just think about the alternative....being heavy again....unfortunately this struggle is forever. It might help you to read the maintainers threads....it's never over, unfortunately! You can't get complacent.....too easy to pile to weight back on.

Stephie, love you as Audrey! So sorry to hear about your groin. I did one of those once, slipped down a hill and my legs split out. I can empathize. Hopefully it will just be temporary.

Tina, you are showing such fortitude! I really admire you. Great going!

Came home from work and tried a small circuit idea from Prevention magazine, called 3, 2, 1.....4 mini circuits of 3 minutes cardio, 2 minutes strength, one minute abs. It was fun and I worked up a sweat. Nice for an evening quicky workout.

Time for bed. Night all.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 AM   #109  

Morning all! Woke at 4 this morning, couldn't get back to sleep...wonder if it was the exercising last night. Hmmmm....will have to see if there's a pattern to it. Anyhow, since I was up, went downstairs and did Cathe Friedrich's CTX upper body routine. It was a really strong workout, and I'm drenched in sweat. Maybe I can shower and lay down again for a little while before I have to get going for work.

Stephie, how's your groin? Angel, how's your cold? Hi everyone else! have a good day.

I decided I'm not going to pay attention to the scale....it's too up and down, and discouraging. I'm going to go by my clothes. I'm putting a pair of too small pants on the outside of my closet and will try them on every few days. That will be my incentive. Hope it works.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #110  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! The pattern continues for my son of waking up early. At least today it was closer to 7 the 6. I went to bed though early last night because I knew he was going to get up early so I feel really good today! Yesterday was another good day food and exercise wise. Calories came in at 1701 and I started the couch to 5k program on my treadmill and later did my weights. I am feeling so much better with the regular exercise and eating well. Today is a low day for me in calories so I will have to make sure to eat things that will fill me up and keep me from snacking. I was looking online yesterday at info for tummy tucks and was scared to death of what I was reading. After three kids my stomach is a area that drives me crazy. I am finding that even after losing all the weight it just looks like a deflated balloon. I do ab exercised three days a week and don't get me wrong there is improvement but nowhere near what I want them to look like. Do any of you have exercised that really target below the belly button. I have that pouch and it is the hardest thing to get rid of. I still am not sure what I want to do about the surgery but I think first I want to get to my goal and see how much I can tone it up on my own.

Steph I hope you are feeling better. That sounds really painful. Try and just take it easy for a few days and hopefully you will be better in no time.

Susan I am with you the scale is evil sometimes. I have a pair of pants I do the same thing with. Hope you can get some sleep before work!

Angel, Morgaine, and Mrs. Hillflipper I hope you all are doing good.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning everyone!

This morning I'm down to the lowest weight I've been in probably 10 years! I'm getting really excited - only 11 more until goal!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #112  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well my leg is feeling a bit better. I won't be going running tonight but at least I am back to being able to clean my house once again. I think I will try and do some yoga tonight. Got the new issue of self and it has a asana routine gaurenteed to give you a yoga butt! I will try anything for a month...its just a month right? Eating went well yesterday except I did have one alcoholic drink as sort of a farewell to drinking away my calories. This month one of my goals is to not drink anything with calories in it other than coffee...so water when at home and water or diet soda when I am out. I just hate dieting then wasting my few calories on a rootbeer ya know?

Morgaine - Thanks for the kind words. It does feel a bit better today Congrats on your loss, 11 lbs is nothing! You can do it!

Susan - Thats so true about it being a struggle even when the weight is gone, a constant balancing act. My groin is feeling much better. I wont be running yet but working out is now an option again hehe.

Tina - I believe that all women have somewhat of a "pooch" under their belly button. Just due to all of the stuff that is house underneath it. I know that I had done some ab classes a while back that targeted those. Cannot for the life of me remember what the exercises were....sorry. May be able to find some results with Pilates. All Pilates moves are based around a strong core so you get an awesome ab workout the entire time you are doing it. Plus it is pretty fun and lengthens your muscles giving you a sleek look.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #113  

Tina, I have a huge book with ab exercises will try to remember to go through it but one exercise that I know will help the entire ab area and is so easy, is done lying/sitting/standing..... suck in your abs, tight, tight, tighter...still breathing....work up to holding for 25 seconds. It really works all the ab muscles, but is so simple that people don't think to do it. It's one that body builders use alot before competitions. Do it 3-5 times a day, 3 reps each, and you will notice a big difference in the muscular tightness. The outter looseness is tougher to get rid of....that needs to be done with weight loss and time.

Stephie, so glad you are doing better. The yoga should be great to stretch that area.

Morgaine, hip hip hooray for your weight loss. You must be flying high!

Angel, where are you?

This morning got in a good lower body. Will do my cardio tonight after my clients pt session. Still sore from yesterday's upper body. Shows how out of shape I've gotten.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #114  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well school resgistration is done thank goodness! It was not all that busy this year which was nice. School supplies are all bought along with new school shoes and cloths. Now we can relax and enjoy the last few weeks of summer. That is if this dam heat would ever go away. I have had it with the heat if you all can't tell. We went swimming yesterday and even that was too hot to do. Yesterday was good food and exercise wise. Calories came in at 1382 and 30 min got done on the treadmill. Today is more cardio and weights.

Susan I will try doing that and anymore exercises that you think will help please do tell. I get so upset at the way my stomach looks and see no hope in site. Great job on getting lower body in this morning.

Steph sounds like slowly but surely you are recovering so that is great news. Yoga sounds like a good idea for slowly streaching that all out. Hope you continue to feel better.

Morgaine another hip hip horray from me! You are so close to your goal. You must feel wonderful!

Angel and Mrs. Hillflipper how are you both doing? Hope all is going well with you both! Come back soon to us we miss you!

P.S. Steph it stinks how many calories are in our favorite summer time drinks but I am with you I won't drink my calories away at least not on a regular basis.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay cool wherever you are!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #115  

Morning all! Multitasked this morning...did my Upper Body, laundry, and watered the vegetables outside...now it's off to peel carrots for snack and get ready for work. Have a great day!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #116  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Well today the heat is supposed to give a bit although it is going to be rainy all day so that does no good for getting some fresh air. Yesterday was good food and exercise wise. Calories came in at 1702 and got cardio and weights done. Today I just have cardio to do and housecleaning, so that will be like double cardio for me. I go up and down the stairs so many times I am exhausted by the time I am done cleaning. Well not much going on here. I hope you all are doing well. I think Angel may be on vaction not sure though. You all have a great day!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #117  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Was on assignment to cover football training camp yesterday. Took about an 8 hour chunk out of my day with about 3 hours driving each way. WAS NOT good about eating and DID not get a workout in. My leg was really stiff after being in the car that long. Today I will get a workout in even if it is just hobbling around the track at a granny pace. I just cannot stand this being sedentary thing. I also need to get my house in check...going on assignment again but this time for FRI SAT AND SUN. I hate coming home to it being all icky!

susan - That is a good ab tip. I remember when I first started pilates they taught the same thing. Engaging the ab muscles and the pelvic floor whenever possible. Man just doing it for a few mins a day and I was sore hehe.

tina - You are continuing to do awesome...what is your secret woman?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:00 AM   #118  

Morning all. Intended to get up at 5 to go to the gym, but was groggy and slept in till 6. Just finished LB and am about to hit the treadmill. Finally getting off the weight I gained from the weekend my DGD and parents were here. Tired of yo-yo-ing. At least this week I really stayed on a good workout schedule, and feel like I made good progress. Tina, still haven't had a chance to check out the abs book...will do it this weekend.

Stephie, how's your groin? Don't forget to stretch!

Have a good day all!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #119  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies! Finally Friday has arrived! It was a much nicer day out yesterday here. My youngest was up again at 6:45 this morning so were are rearing and ready to go. Oh well it will be early nap time for him today. Yesterday went good food and exercise wise. I got in my walk and calories came in at 1800. I went a tad over calories yesterday but nothing crazy. I was really hungry for some reason. Well this week to my disappointment I only lost 1/2 pound. I really thought I would do so much better this week. I have exercised faithfully and calories have all been right on point. I don't know if it is still because I have my period or what but I was upset. I am going to move on though and see what I can do by next weigh in.

Susan glad to hear that you are back on track. It seems getting de-railed is so easy these days. Great job on getting that workout done this morning. I wish I had the energy to do it first thing in the morning. The earliest I do it is like 10:00. Well I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Steph I hope you have time during your work trip to have some fun. I am with you though nothing worse then coming home to a messy house. I love nothing more then walking into a fresh house. Have a wonderful weekend!

Morgaine I hope you are doing good! Last we heard from you and you seemed to be flying pretty high with your loss. Keep up your good work! Have a great weekend!

Well not much happening here today. I got cleaning done yesterday and laundry also. I think just some picking up and maybe a nap if I am lucky. Well have a good one!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #120  

Tina...hang in there...you are probably retaining water if it is your TOM. Remember, you are in this for the long haul, and your weight will vary from hour to hour, day to day. Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel. Don't let the scale control you!

Susan
Closed Thread