Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:28 AM   #211  

Hi Venetia!
I was wondering the same thing. How have you been? I lost 2.2 pounds this week even though it's been a very stressful week. I hope all is well with you!

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #212  
One day at a time..

Smile Hi!

Lisa,
Good job on losing the weight last week. I had an appointment with my Dr on Tuesday and she recommends I go back on Atkins. WW is making me so Hypoglycemic. I am going to start it on the 1st of October.

My son is having Surgery on his back (a ruptured disk) on the 29th so I will be going to Macon,Ga for a few days on the 27th. I want to be able to do it right so I will wait until I get back to start.

Keep up the good work on your diet. Way to go.

Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #213  

Thanks Venetia! Have a safe trip and I hope everything goes well for your son. Good idea waiting until you get back, but be sure to take care of yourself while you're traveling too!

Be Safe,
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #214  
Just having some fun!

Thumbs down I'm still here!

Hi Everyone!

I am still here! I started a new health (I don't like the word diet) program 2 weeks ago, school started and work is sooo busy that I haven't had a chance to even pop in and say hi!

So Hi!!!

This new health program is wonderful! I have lost 8.5 lbs in 2 weeks, my b's are WONDERFUL in that I don't have to take extra insulin before meals. It is a program I purchased off the internet. If anyone wants to hear more about it, just email me at [email protected]. (I am not sure if I can say the name or not). It doesn't involve pills or anything like that. Just plain food, exercise and water....but a combo that is right for my body.

I started running yesterday.....well running in my book. I haven't ran in 12 years. It felt great!

Anyway - good to be back!

Ali
Ali Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #215  

Default HEY I'M STILL HERE!!!

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while; I can't use the internet at work anymore (management finally caught up with us!!) so I haven't been able to get in here much. I was going to try to use the computer here at the library once or twice or week, but that hasn't worked out yet, my stepmother has been in the hospital for the past week and a half and I am helping my sister with my dad and trying to work to. They are in there 80s and I think they need to be in an assisted living facility. But that's not my call.

My surgery was 9/4; I am feeling lots better

I let myself get out of my routine while I have been recuperating and I am trying to get back into it. Yes, I have been indulging in the forbidden sweets

Linda, I'm sorry I worried you so, but it is so nice to know that you cared. I have missed hearing from you all.

I am really far behind and I'm not going to even try to catch up on reading old posts.

You all have a great weekend. WATCH OUT FOR THE SUGAR!!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 03:33 PM   #216  
One day at a time..

Post Hello Connie.

So happy to see you are able to post at least once in a while. Too bad you got caught.

I'm glad your surgery was a success and you are feeling better. Sorry about you parents though. You are probably right and they do need to be in an Adult Living Facility but it is rough on a family when everyone dosen't agree. I use to own one before I got married a few years ago. They are really helpful if you find a good one.

You have been missed. Welcome back!!

Venetia
Old 09-26-2003, 03:40 PM   #217  
One day at a time..

Unhappy Your Birthday!!!

I am so sorry that I missed your Birthday. I hope it was a good day and you were feeling better by then.
But NO MORE SUGAR!!!!

Venetia
Old 09-26-2003, 04:24 PM   #218  

HI everyone...I am a type 2 diabetic for 1 1/2 years now. Tried pills, didn't work, insulin resistance I guess. Taking insulin, not too bad really, I feel much better. The lows are always lurking about, but regular BS testing solves that pretty much. Need to lose the last 10 lbs that I put on last year. What a chore! Am a member of WW but am having a hard time getting back on track.
My problem is before bed snacks! Any support or ideas are appreciated!
Test2Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:02 PM   #219  

Default WELCOME TEST2OFTEN!!

I just love your user name!

My name is Connie; I am also a Type 2 diabetic, diagnosed in March this year. I take Glucophage XR, two pills every night. On the advice of a diabetic educator, I have been limiting carbs to no more that 60 grams at each meal and 30 grams for snacks. I work the night shift which makes meal and snacktimes a little tricky.

About snacks - I am supposed to limit myself to 30 grams of carbs for snacks, and I try to make these healthy carbs (fruit, peanut butter, protein). What kind of problems are you having - are you eating too many, eating the wrong kinds, eating too close to bedtime?. I have recently been trying to space them out during the day - 15 grams in the morning and 15 grams in the evening. That way you don't go to bed with all those unused carbs.

VENETIA - I hope your son's surgery goes well today. As far as my dad and stepmother, well, I can't decide for her, she has her own children, but I know that this is an option that daddy and his wife won't consider. He lives in her home and she's not about to leave it.

LINDA - missing you lots; please hurry back.

ALI - congrats on your weight loss ; I'm so glad you found a program that works for you. I'm sure you are feeling much better.

I have been off my program for since my surgery and I have promised myself that today is a new beginning and I am going to get back on track.

See you all later.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:55 PM   #220  

Hi am also new to this site. I am type2, not insulin resistane. Thyroid is also low. I am just off of insulin after 20 pound weight loss. I still take 2 oral meds. I am doing very well with exercise, I have been up and down with my food plan. I count calories. I want to keep motivated. I know this is a slow process. One meal at a time, one day at a time. But I can and will do this. My goal is to look great by June 2004 for a wedding.
fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:11 PM   #221  

Hi Fern, nice to meet you. I am a type 2 diabetic; I also take oral meds (Glucophage). I have been trying to watch my carb intake, but I recently had surgery and have been using this as an excuse to indulge. I had recently lost 40 lbs, a few have crept back on I'm sure. I've got to keep in my mind the effects of diabetes and put give my health top priority again and stop giving in to my appetite.

Venetia - I hope your son's surgery went well and he is recuperating. Miss ya!

Linda - thinking about you !!!

Ali - how is your new health program working out?? Hope your having much success.

Bye for now.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #222  

Default low carb on imsulin

Hi: I am on insulin I think I must be type two as I started out with just diet went to pills and then insulin. It was really my own fault as I did not stick to the right way of eating although I realize diabetes is a progressive disease. I want to try lower carb . I am on glucophage also. I will have to lower my insulin intake too. I was wondering if anyone is on insulin and doing the lower carb diet.
I hope to hear from you all. Thanks Pat

weight 211
goal 130 I am 5'2''

Last edited by patb4; 10-10-2003 at 04:02 PM.
patb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:17 PM   #223  

Hi Pat I'm type 1 and I am currently following atkins plan , it takes some adjusting but I take very little regular insulin now. My lantus dose is still the same as before but I've reduced my novolog by 20-30 units. I don't have to take my meter and insulin if I go out to eat as long as I eat low carb.
bella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #224  

Hi Bella: Nice to get an answer so fast. Do you take any extra vitamins with the Atkins Plan? I am taking a vitamin but since am on a diuretic for my high blood pressure I am afraid I won't be getting enough potassium I do have Nu-Salt so this should help as it is potassium.
I have read the Atkin's book so I know what to eat.
Thanks for the reply. Pat
patb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 04:49 PM   #225  

Pat I don't take any vitamins, I can't keep them down.I've been ok without them ,except for a cramp here and there in my leg.Doesn't seem bad enough to suffer with getting sick all the time.I don't follow atkins 20 carb rule always , since I get some lows it messes that up, and I would get too frustrated if I tried to stick with 20 carbs . I try to to stay arond 20 but if I have a low I don't beat myself up if I stay around 50.Good Luck, and let me know how you do.
bella1 is offline   Reply With Quote