Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia 122

Well ... we were at 4 pages already ... time for another new thread. Cute baby Candice.

I still can't believe my 'baby' just graduated from preschool 2 weeks ago. She will be a big Kindergartener in a few weeks. She was so proud. We all held our breaths as she made that long walk all the way around the parents and relatives up to the front of the room with the other students ... we were so afraid she would fall out of her shoes before she got there. She is the clumsiest child ever born. We call her our little blonde, Barbie ditz ... she is a TRUE blonde! The Preschool Director said something about each child as they gave them their certificate and about Jenna she said she was a born leader and a negotiator. Said all the children loved her a would follow what ever she did. She said Jenna definitely had career choices as a negotiator or she asked how many had heard her sing ... she said that also could be a good career choice and that we might all see her on our TVs or at Nashville someday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MemeJenna.jpg (16.3 KB, 48 views)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #2  

Well ... mine did the same thing and I checked and the show or not show thumbnails has nothing to do with this page - so I guess they have changed the way pictures are shown.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:20 PM   #3  

Meme and Candice, what sweet kids! Just click on the thumbnail and it is enlarged.

Meme, my little Ashley turned 6 in April. Where in the world does the time go!! She "graduated" from Kindergarten - happily. She is one smart little girl, but she prefers playing. She learns very easily, and like her mom, is blessed with a photographic memory. I asked her if she went back to Kindergarten next year, and she said "No, grandma, I have to goooo to grade 1! Now I won't have ANY time to play Gotta love 'em. Ashley won an award for being very helpful and caring of other children, plus her scolastic endeavors. She has been reading pretty good for a while now, and she understands some pretty big words.

Candice - Hope you are feeling ok. I know you do a LOT of yard work and then end up sleepeating - wish I had THAT as an excuse

My darn hip is giving me a problem. I have arthritis in it and it has been flaring up the past couple of weeks. Feel like I need to take a cane with me, as the pain is very acute and very biting.

Hi to everybody. I take it Mima is away camping right now. Hope she is having a good time. Joanne has company, and Anagram and Ally check in once in a while.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:05 AM   #4  

Well ... DUH ... I know it enlarges when you clickon it Anne!!! Thanks for the help!

Jenna can already read some simple books and write everybody in the family's names, etc. She's pretty smart ... just clumsy! Kaylyn just finished Kindergarten and she is reading some pretty hard stuff. Of course Paula (Jenna's mom) had them all beat. When she was only half way through the first grade they tested her out and she was reading on a fifth grade level. She had to go to a special reading class for gifted children (only she was the only child in it ... the school created it for her!) I told the girls that and they both said they were going to be just like her! They'd better hurry, she started reading whole books when she was 5!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:13 AM   #5  

Happy I just hobble around with my hips sometimes it's both and sometimes its just one! Hope yours gets better soon!

Meme...well glad I didn't do anything wrong with my picture, yours is so cute...I just think you look so young and Jenna is so cute!

Walked tonight but have only gone 6000 steps so want to walk around the living room later. We met a new neighbor that built a new house down the road from us, really nice and she has 3... 9 week old kittens..I want one and DH says no! She also has a minature pincher...really cute!

Made and appt with the foot doc today, I have been trying to treat a sore toe on my own...sometimes when my whole leg hurts the toe is very sensitive but now there is a tiny spot fungus (I think) starting in the nail and I'm not sure I can take that lamisil they prescribe for it so going to see if there are any other options, it is just very painful, can't stand anything touching it much. I had the nail on my other foot removed several years ago due to an injury that wouldn't heal, do not want to do that again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg granny .jpg (8.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Candicej; 06-30-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #6  

Candice... I was afraid that dropping 30 pounds like I did would grow wrinkles but not so far. I can't believe I don't have ANY and I'll be 60 in less than 3 years now!!! We had two new couples come to our church just recently and they asked us to go out and eat with them a couple of times. Then, one night they asked if we wanted to go to a concert with them. We went to dinner before the concert and age came up. They were asking about our children and when they found out we had grandchildren they asked my husband how old I was while I was at the salad bar. He told them I was 57 and they about flipped out. They said they figured he was in his late 50s but they thought I was younger than them, they are in their mid 40s. THEY THOUGHT I HAD MARRIED AN OLDER MAN!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM   #7  

Meme that's funny and you do have beautiful young looking skin, (llke a porcelin (sp)doll) what do you do to keep it that way, any special regiman? I cannopt tolorate a lot of stuff or makeup on me, most stuff makes my eyes burn and gives me aheadache even if they say unscented.!

Pulled weeks and trimmed bushes today at 7000 steps now..I know I did more that that too!
Attached Images
File Type: gif arg-dancing-woohoo-gold-url.gif (10.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-02-2004, 03:31 AM   #8  

Had my hair cut today and did some shopping, need to mow again but rain expected here, we will see....right at 7000 steps and hurting a bit from eysterday I guess.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #9  

Hello from fat Mima-back to my diet. NOW!! Just got back from VT-awesome. quiet, peaceful. Didn't do much but ride around-swam twice-boy, those campers aren't as friendly as the ones down south. Nice but they didn't go out of their way to socailze. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #10  

Hello . Hope you all have a wonderful Loooong weekend. I suspect lots of BQ's or picnics are in order. We had Canada Day on July 1. Didn't do much, as it rained all afternoon. I did watch the fireworks last night and they were great.

Mima - hope you get back on track. Those pounds just sneak on so silently.

Meme - I know you will be busy with all your family. Have fun.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 01:42 AM   #11  

Watered, mowed and prunned so Hoping to rest today I'm at 8000 steps so far...........and got lots of pts left to eat up..........
Old 07-03-2004, 06:32 AM   #12  

What kind of pedometer do you have? Got one from McDonald's and it doesn't work. Happy Fourth everyone: we will go to the fireworks tomorrow night with the people from Brad's church. It's going to be hot this weekend, Excavator coming Mon to start digging up the yard and put in trenches. I think the condo is sold. Mima
Old 07-04-2004, 03:21 AM   #13  

it's a talking one Mima Not sure what brand they are, I have a wW one too but do not think it is a accurate.

ok I made lemon bars again tonight and tried to make them less pts with splenda and egg sub...but they do not taste as well, they are ok but just not the same. Do you all get the results taht I do when using an egg sub, kinda rubbery or sponge like texture..I do not like that, it always tastes ok but do not like the texture!

Just 5000 steps today...It was my rest day!

Happy 4th, watched the fireworks from my front porch!
Old 07-04-2004, 06:57 AM   #14  

Cassidy does not like those fireworks or thunderstorms either. Funny thing-Brad has been putting off fixing the leak in the bathtub-finally pulled out the sink-the leak was in the easily accessible closet which would have taken a few minutes-2 months without baths!!!!!!Jut showers. Not so funny-I have a wicked case of bursitis in my shoulder. Fortunately, I have an appt with the rheumo on Tuesday. I will get a shot-in the meantime, if I put my arm the wrong way ,it goes into painful spasms. I have to be careful. Hey Candice, if you use Eggland eggs, at least it will help improve HDL-I use them in cooking, not the egg substitute but I use Splenda. Haven't baked lately. Found some great fries with no transfat-that's the4 thing I worry about. Bought salmon but Brad says he will have pizza. I'll eat it. Have fun. Mima
Old 07-05-2004, 02:19 AM   #15  

Mima..please tell me about the notrans-fat fries! The bars were not that bad today and DH could not tell I had substitued anything. They are all gone ..didn't keep me from eating them! Ha!l I had salmon today...love it! Do all eggland eggs have the new benefit now? (or just special ones) have a new brownie receipe to trya nd a cobbler one.....on my...I better keep moving to burn some calories!

Foot doc on Tuesday, hate going away when it rains, hard for me to get mobing.

Have you all heard of Nioxin, supposed to help with thinning hair..I ordered some, 40 bucks!!!!!!!!!!