Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #106  

Here's the breakdown on the Glucerna Snack Bars (not the meal replacement bars) -----

There are four bars in a box; each bar has 140 calories, 4 g fat, 25 g carbs, 3 g sugar and 10 g sugar alcohol. I did not see sugar listed in the ingredients. Maltilol syrup was the first ingredient; the chocolate is a not real chocolate - it is a chocolate flavoring made with lactilol.

They also come in Cranberry Orange and Lemon Crunch (I haven't tried those yet).

Way to go Venetia!!! Great Loss!!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile Weigh In

Venetia
You did great.

My weigh in was good too, I lost 1 1/2 pounds.
I am so relieved that it wasn't a gain, the only thing is I still need that 1/2 pound loss to get to my beginning new years weight. I am also hoping to get below 280 before the month is over.
I'll be back tomorrow to check on all, so have a good evening and sweet dreams.
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:46 AM   #108  
One day at a time..

Talking YEAAAHHH!!!

Joann,congratulations!!! Don't stress over that half a pound. It will come with more. I know you were worried! So happy for you.

Maybe we will all bring each other luck. I hope so..

Goodnight,
Until tomorrow,
Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #109  
Just having some fun!

Default Congrats!

Congrats to all!

Losing is wonderful! I need to go and purchase a scale for our home. I threw ours out 2 years ago out of frustration.

Gotta run for now!

Ali
Ali Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:10 PM   #110  

Talking Happy Hump Day

Hope all of you are having a good day. It is very hot and humid here so walking outside is out (I just got out of bed around 10am). I had a good breakfast - cereal and milk, cottage cheese and pineapple. Haven't checked my BS yet, tho it was 89 at 3AM when I went to bed. I will try to get to the mall and walk a lap or two.

Linda, my foxy friend, I hope all goes well with your dad.

Joe Anne - remember that 1/2 pound is only 8 ounces, maybe if you cut back on some salt and drink more water. Hey, maybe if you wear some lightweight clothing at your next weigh-in that might help! I'm sure if you continue with the exercise and eating healthy you will be below 280 at the end of the month. I've got my fingers crossed for you

Venetia - hope you're having a good day and that your foot is feeling better.

Enjoy the day!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #111  

Hello everyone I hope your all doing great .I been busy with family things and haven't had time to get on and with 2 kids wanting to use it too it sometime gets hard
So for i'm still hanging in there on diet I haven't given up but my Sugar is running high so i mite have to do some carb cutting .It been so hot out but i need to get my walk in today .
well ladys I got to run again so take care and remenber i'm thinking of you all and miss you
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #112  

Unhappy Doctor vist today

Hi Friends
I didn't know it but it's already time for my monthly diabetes checkup, well really it should have been next week but the doc will be out of town. So, today I will get blood drawn and have lab work done. I won't know the results till next week but I am pretty sure that things will turn out good.
I'll be going out of town this evening and won't be back till afternoon tomorrow, So you all have a great weekend and I'll check on you all lighter.
Joanne
Old 07-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #113  

Hi JoeAnn
I hope your test comes out good for you .I go next month if i can come up with all the money needed .I hope you have a safe trip and hurry back .but remenber to have some fun along the way
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:26 AM   #114  

Talking HEY I'M STILL HERE

A quick hello to you all. I have been very busy at work and have not had time to post, but I have popped in from time to time to read.

I finished my box of Glucerna bars, but I think they have caused me to be a little constipated. So I guess it's back to crackers and milk. What do you ladies have for your snack??? I would like some new ideas.

I have also been checking the low carb recipes thread. I found a chocolate cheesecake mousse recipe that is very simple -- only three ingredients (one large box lowfat chocolate pudding but I used the sugar free kind, 8 oz cream cheese and 1cup low fat milk). I made it one day this week but it didn't set up right; I later found that I had used the kind of pudding that has to be cooked instead of the instant kind. I am going to try this recipe again and will let you know how it turns out.

Blood sugars have all been normal.

Hot dog it's time to get out of here!!!! I will get back with you all next week.

For all of us ------

Old 07-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #115  
One day at a time..

Talking Hello Ladies..

Hello to all of you..

I have missed posting for a few days now. My son came with his family and we had a really good visit. We went to Boston Lobster which is a Lobster Buffet. All you can eat. I did real good. I didn't gain any weight But I had my fill of Lobster and Crab Legs. But I did not touch any butter or bread. I did have a piece of cake.

I just could not help myself. I starved all day til we got there to eat at 6PM. I was about to self destruct from hypoglycemia. Got some food just in time. We had a really good time and my grandson finally said grandma and grandpa for us so we were delighted.

Then we went to the beach Saturday. They went home yesterday. I miss them already.It was the first time I had been to the beach in 3 years though we only live 30 miles away from the Atlantic. I should go more. I love the ocean. Well better run.

Weigh in again tomorrow.

Love you girls,

Venetia
Old 07-14-2003, 10:10 PM   #116  

Thumbs up VENETIA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??

Alright Venetia, you know better than to go all day without food We do not want to hear that you are in the hospital in a diabetic coma!! Don't make me send the diabetes police after you . But I am so glad that you are okay. We have Red Lobster in Nashville. It has been a long time since I have eaten there. I don't like to eat lobster, mainly because they boil the poor things alive. I don't eat veal or lamb either because of the treatment the animals get. Yea, I do eat beef and chicken.

I will get back in here at the end of my shift. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #117  

Question Hmm what happened?

I thought I left a post here this morning but I don't see it. Oh well this is what happened.
I didn't get my blood drawn on Friday but will do it first thing tomorrow, for today I had to go to my yearly pap exam. This doc said I had a bladder infection but so far I don't have any symtoms or least none that I can recognize. I do know that when I went to the doc's on Friday, that I had a slight fever but I attributed that to a sinus infection. Oh well better to be safe than sick.
On another subject, since I've been trying to eat low carb I am now having frequent low blood sugar readings. I did tell my doc on Friday about this and he said that I may need to change the dosage of my Meds, but he wants to wait and see what the results are of my labs. For me to wait is too long so I've decided not take my afternoon dosage, as this is when the low readings are. Yesterdays low reading was the worst, 69, the only thing I could find to drink was a regular coke, and then I had crackers with Peanut butter.
This eating to bring up my low b/s is what bugs me, because I am trying to eat lowcarb. Do any of you know where I can find a listing of fruits and veggies with thier carb count? I really need to see which is the lowest.
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you friends.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #118  
One day at a time..

Post Low Carb Vegetables..

JOANNE,

I know for sure that Green Beans and a lot of other green vegies are very low carb. I will get a list for you and post it as soon as I can find it. Do you have a copy of Dr Atkins book? Or Protein Power? I can send you one. if you don't. Let me know.

Venetia
Old 07-15-2003, 03:57 AM   #119  

Hi ladies

I'm getting ready to leave work. Just wanted to make a quick post. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I'm been letting my eating get a little out of hand lately, but my blood sugars have all been normal. I have been eating too much sodium (mainly cheese and cottage cheese). I ate cottage cheese every day for breakfast last week and this week end I started with the dry mouth when I woke up and the fingers feeling tight. So I guess no more cottage cheese every day.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday. See ya.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #120  

Wink thank you

Hi Venetia
Thank you for offering the book. I do have the Atkins "New Diet Revolution" book, but I just haven't finished reading it yet.
What my concern is, is that my doc said I need to modify it for me as a diabetic I guess that means to have some other carbs that are not on the list. I figured he means add fruit or higher carb veggies, thats why I was asking is there some where (website) I can see the fruit or veggie listing with carb counts, that way I can choose the ones with less. I tryed looking under the glycemic index but it list them alphabeticly and thats not what I want. Oh well maybe I just got to do some more homework on this.
I am off to do my morning walk so I'll check on you all lighter. Have a Blessed day.