Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Our 20th

Hi Friends
Today I have been married to Cameron the Love of my life for 20 years.

We have been through the best and worst of things but being together is what helped us get through them.
My DH is the one and only for me and I wouldn't trade or wish for anyone else.
Ok I am through bragging, but to let you know he is taking me out to lunch at a very nice restaurant. My sister's Birthday party is tonight too so we are planning to celebrate with her.
I have a pic of us on the support message board, under the 300+ thread if you want to see us.
That's it for now. You all have a Blessed Day
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #122  

How are you ladies this evening??

Joe Anne - I saw your pic in 300+; you look like such a happy couple. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary.

Having a good food day and BS are normal. Still not doing too much about exercise, but trying to add extra steps when I can.

Gotta get back to work. See ya.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:14 PM   #123  

Angry Im new here...

Hi, Im new here. I have seen some wonderful posts with alot of helpful information. Im a 41 yr female with type 2 , im currently taking insulin, actos, glyset, glizide and gluphage, wow its alot when you type it all. I need to lose weight bad, about 100 lbs. My back hurts when i walk for a short distance, i just don't know how to do it. I believe the time has come to try 200 %. My 1st granddaughter was born yesterday and i want to be around for her. Im open for suggestions and any new ideas.

thanks
poohbear
poohbear_411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:03 PM   #124  

Hi Poohbear

I just wanted to let you know that you can do this. I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 3 years ago. I went onto the internet and learned everything I could. Also, I started to watch my portions and reading labels (to learn about the food I was stuffing into my mouth). Over the past 3 years I have lost almost 70 pounds and gotten so healthy. I knew the problems with diabetes, so I wanted to get myself healthy (also, I had just become a new grandmother and I wanted to live to see my grandkids make me a great grandma). I live each day to eat healthy and I exercise daily. This is not a diet, it is a life plan.
I figuered that I hate everything there was for the first 50 years of my life, so now I will eat what is good for me.

My new motto is "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

Just wanted to let you know that it can be done. You do this for yourself, not for anyone else. Just one day at a time.

tucsonchris
starting weight 220 2/00
weight now 146

tucsonchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:39 PM   #125  
One day at a time..

Talking Hello Newbies!!

Welcome poobear and tucsonchris!! We all try to be supportive here and will be for you. tucsonchris sounds like you have it together.

I had been dieting for over a year with Atkins but had no success. But it does work for most people. I am doing WW now and although I am only losing an average of a pound a week it its still better than when I did Atkins. I do not have diabetes but am extremely hypoglycemic and afraid it will become diabetes. I just lost my sister to diabetes 2 years ago. She just could not give up her food and got no exercise. I won't let it happen to me if I can do something to stop it. I am trying really hard. Her death was a real wake up for me.

My brother who weighs 300 pounds is losing great on Atkins. It can work. I have too many health problems and it slows me down.
But I'm gonna make it!! You can too.

More later,
Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #126  

Thank you Granny and tucsan chris
i have seen much support and everyone seems to real care about one another.. i have been diabetic now for 12 yrs, i never took care of my self..I still act like im perfectly healthy. but the pain is taken over. Im on so many medication. If i can help someone stay off the insulin and oral meds that would be great.. Its hard work but im going to put forth the effort. Starting with walking everyday. My blood sugars run over 200 everyday and that is with me taking all my meds. Im 262 now i want to lose at least 30 lbs by christmas.
thanks for all your advice.
poohbear
Old 07-18-2003, 07:54 PM   #127  

Default WELCOME poobear and tucsonchris

Hi
My name is Joanne, I also am a type II diabetic, I was diagnosed in the fall of 2000. Although I haven't lost the weight I needed to, I am trying to stay in control of my diabetes. But I have had many stressful incedents/tragedies in my family that I just can't get to an acceptable level of control.
So far this month, I am continuing to journal all my food intake, blood glucose readings and exercise minutes/miles because on the 22 I go to see the nutritionist and then back to the docs on the 25th. From this appointment I will be evaluated to see if I need to change my medication dosage. Right now I am on Glucovance which seems to be working, especially since I've gone lowcarb eating.
Poobear, my suggestion for exercise would be to do stationary bike riding, or water aerobics maybe? Although the second choice is not readily available in my community I would try it if I had the time. BUT whatever you do don't give up, just keep on keeping on and you will make to your goal.
I wish you both continued success in your journey to good health.
And also to Linda, Connie and Venetia, have Blessed Day.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:30 PM   #128  

Default Hello newbies

Welcome poohbear and tucson chris

My name is Connie. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in March of this year. I take Glucophage and try to watch my carb intake (currently 200-210 grams per day). So far my blood sugars have been running normal. My weight has been in the 300 lb range for a couple of years I guess. I also work the night shift. I still have a problem getting in my exercise. Sometimes I have a bad food day, but now I have more good days than bad ones. I lost 14 lbs from March to May; my next appt with my doc is 7/28, I hope to have lost some more weight.
I felt like I had been hit by a truck when my doc said I had diabetes. I guess I have come to accept that fact. The only time it really bothers me is when I hear of someone dying in their 40s or 50s and they were diabetic or when we get an amputation here in the lab where I work and the patient was diabetic.

We all try to help each other here; just jump on board with us.

Poohbear, I don't know if you meant 262 was your blood sugar or your weight. If it is your weight please check out the "300+ and ready to try again" thread. Me and Joe Anne both post over there too. They are a nice bunch of ladies.

I've got lots of work ahead to do, hope everybody has a good evening.

Where are you foxy lady???
Old 07-18-2003, 10:52 PM   #129  

well hiya dixielady.
Im from sunny san diego calif... my weight is 262 sorry i will learn the board lingo soon enought... but my blood sugars are just as high.. some days low 200 to 300. i joined bally total fitness 3 months ago and with my hectic schedule i never get to go. I sit at work all day im a 411 operator..(directory assistance).

poohbear
Old 07-18-2003, 11:37 PM   #130  

Pooh - I forgot to mention that the 300+ thread is in the "support" forum. Hope you get to check it out.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:34 AM   #131  

Cool My big MISTAKE

Boy did I learn my lesson last night. I thought I could handle one little ice cream sandwich but that was a big mistake, because my blood glucose shot up to 279. It made really sleepy, but I took my meds like I should. I did get a restful nights sleep but this morning was very hard to get up.
I am late getting my walk done but I am still going to do it, so I'll see you all later.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:54 AM   #132  
One day at a time..

Cool What?????

JOANNE........YOU ATE WHAT???

Granny says: Don't let that happen again!! LOL

There are some really good Low and no sugar ice Creams. I have some of the sandwiches and they are very good. Try them!! You may be surprised. My husband,who is a sugar addict even likes them. We all slip up now and then,just please be so careful.

Love ya,
Venetia
Old 07-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #133  

Smile Miles and Minutes

Hi Friends
Just reporting my exercise for this week.
7/14-7/20

14.25 Miles
325.45 Minutes

Thanks Venetia for the ice cream suggestions, I will look into it and get what I Need. See you all lighter.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:25 PM   #134  
Just having some fun!

Thumbs down Hi - I'm back again!

Hi All!

Man, does the week fly by or what! Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty great!

Boy, ice cream is a killer for me. But I think I have found the solution. My mom in law made some homemade ice cream last night that will cure anyone from even craving it! It was made out of Dr. Pepper. (Don't get me wrong, Diet Dr. Pepper is one of my favorites) But this was GROSS! It gave me the hevy gevies!

I have super duper news! I went to the doctor Friday. Had my HGA1C done in the office. My A1C in September was 10.9. (VERY VERY Bad) I went on the pump, and now............................................... .....my doctor came in the office jumping up and down............it is 6.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping up and down!!!!!!!! Now, I need to lose 30 pounds....and we can start on a baby.... My hunny was jumping up and down...my mom was jumping up and down...my inlaws are jumping up and down....my puppies are jumping up and down....get the picture?

We are all so excited!

Well, I need to run for now...have a great week everyone!

Ali - one day mommy to be!

Ali Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #135  
One day at a time..

Smile Yeah Ali!!!

My congtats!! Keep up the good work Ali.No wonder they are excited.

Venetia