Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:37 PM   #166  
One day at a time..

Post Were you lucky!!!

Janet,

Thank God you went to the Dr in time. That was a real scary thing you just went through. Your Dr sounds like a very good one. How long will you be out of work?

I am suffering with my Psoriasis right now. My face looks like someone scrubbed me with a brillo pad. Hurts,burns, you name it.

It looks like I may give up WW. I believe the carbs will kill me. Wednesday my stomach blew up like a balloon and nothing would get it to go down. Yesterday I ate no carbs except for a few green beans and the same today. I feel better and was working my a-- off around the house. My tummy is always big but I hate the bloating. Over night Wed. I added 5 lbs, I just hate that. I believe somtime that I am just destined to be fat forever.

Sorry for crying on you shoulder. Thanks for being there to talk to.

Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:53 PM   #167  

Hi ladies

Sorry to not get in here on the weekends, but I don't have a home computer so I have to either use the computer at work or go to the library.

Janet - that was a close call!! Sounds like you've got a great doc. Maybe they can give you something for your stomach.

Venetia - please don't give up; are there certain carbs that are bothering you? I've read that beans are very hard to digest, have you been eating any kind of beans?? I don't have psoriasis but I do have rosacea. Sometimes I look like I have a sunburn. I have to use Metrolotion every day and I use Cetaphil to clean my face. I can't use anything else, just makes my face more irritated. I can't let any hairstyling products get on my face either; my forehead breaks out if I put mousse or hairspray on my bands. I also can't use sunscreen, it makes my face break out in these tiny little bumps that itch, so I wear a hat outside.

I hope all of you other ladies are okay - I miss hearing from you - please let us hear from you soon.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:06 PM   #168  
One day at a time..

Post Hello All..

No , I won't give up on the weight loss. I just may go back to low carb eating. When I did Atkins last year I did not lose much, but I have been giving it a lot of thought.

Maybe I ate too much of the low carb bars and the pork rinds. Two of my weaknesses. My weigh in is tomorrow at WW and I have to stay to see what the new program is about. I am so undecided. Low Carb is better for diabetics but I am not quite there. If I go back to Low Carb I will be healthier I am sure. I already don't eat sugar so that problem is taken care of.

Where do you think everyone is? I am starting to worry about Linda.

See you tomorrow after weigh in.

Venetia
Old 08-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #169  

Venetia,

I haven't tried the low carb bars yet. What brand to you recommend????.

I'm not too crazy about pork rinds , so they are not a problem for me. I'm a sweet freak. So far I've pretty much stayed away from sweets except for ice cream. I guess I just love the creamy cold texture. ????. I don't buy it and bring it home, that is a major no-no for me . I just buy some at a fast food place or an ice cream store.

I also am worried about Linda; hope she is doing ok. Didn't she post earlier that her mother or father is having health problems? Sending good vibes her way .

I've got to get back to work and eat my dinner. I think we have a storm moving this way. See ya.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:09 AM   #170  
One day at a time..

Post LOW CARB BARS..

Connie,

My favorites are the Carbolite Bars. They may be the cheapest for the amount you get. But they are so good you just want another one and they can get pretty expensive if you let them. I tried them all when I did Atkins before.

This time if I do Atkins I will do the Induction Phase exactly as you are suppose to. (Actually I have already started it but don't tell anyone).

As much as I like WW I got awful hungry. OK I gotta go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow night.

Venetia
Old 08-05-2003, 09:50 AM   #171  

i finally talked my whole family to start ww today.. i feel if they do it with me then i won't be tempted with the cakes, desserts, and ice cream they all like to eat and besides we all can lose some weight.........wish me luck on keeping them on it.........hahahahah
hope everyone is well today and have a nice day.
notlookingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 PM   #172  
One day at a time..

Default Weigh In Day!!

Well I did not show any loss but was able to maintain and was very happy with that since I had to lose 5 lbs in a short 4 days to make it.

I am still doing Low Carb and following Atkins very closely. I didn't say anything to my leader since it would not do any good. She is a wonderful lady and it's not her fault that we have Carb problems!!

I do think that WW works and is a great program. But I have to do what I think is best for me and I have not been Hypoglycemic since I started eating Low Carb again.

Hope you girls are all doing well tonight.

Venetia
Old 08-07-2003, 02:12 AM   #173  

Just wanted to pop in a say hi to everybody. Not much to tell here, same old same old. Blood sugars are running normal, trying to stay OP, trying to get some activity in.

Take care everyone.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:20 AM   #174  

Just wanted to pop in a say hi to everybody. Not much to tell here, same old same old. Blood sugars are running normal, trying to stay OP, trying to get some activity in.

Take care everyone.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:59 AM   #175  
Just having some fun!

Thumbs down It's Finally Friday!

Hi Everyone!

YIPPIEE!!! It's Friday! This week has been sooooo long!

I like the weeks that zip by with long weekends!

Hope everyone is doing great. I worked out with my mom 2 times this week. I may work out tomorrow. (she fell on Monday and we made a pack - no flip flops and we must start working out) I LOVE flip flops - but I will have to live without them now. Especially being diabetic - it's one of those I know I know I know type things, but you do it anyway! Agh!

Everyone have a great weekend! Don't work too hard - stay cool (it was 101 here yesterday, but the bank sign said 110) Someone please send some cool air down here with rain!

Ali - burning up in Texas
Ali Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #176  

Finally Friday; I have the night off and Mon night , whoopee!

Hi Ali; sorry to hear your mom fell, hope she wasn't hurt too badly. Did flip flops cause her to fall? I love flip flops too, I've worn them since I was a child. Now I can't wear them

Venetia - hope you weren't in or near the tornado in Palm Beach County.

The librarian has just told me my computer time is up. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #177  
Just having some fun!

Talking It RAAAIIINNNEEEDDD!

I am so thankful!!! It rained Friday night, Saturday night and it might rain again today!!!!!YEAH!!!! YEAH!! YEAH!!

Have anyone purchased a low impact excercise video on DVD? I went to our video store and blahhhhh - nothing but yoga and pilates.. I need to find a low impact video for my mom. We are doing one that is from the late 80's and is perfect, but we are getting tired of the same tape!

Well everyone - have a great week!

Yeah - it rained!!!

Ali
Old 08-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #178  
One day at a time..

Post Where are you??

Get back here girls. I miss you. I refuse to talk to myself.

Ali, we have been drowning here. But the grass is nice and green for a change, And high!!

Venetia
Old 08-14-2003, 07:41 PM   #179  

Hey girls; hope you all are having a good day. I have been reading just not posting. Had Fri night and Mon night off this past weekend. Doing good with food. Need to get in some more activity.

Venetia - I found the Carbolite bars; I tried a Chocolate Peanut Butter bar; verrrry goood! To make sure I got the kind you told me about - the bars I saw are small, they have four pieces to a bar; did I get the right one? I will definitely get some more of those.

Ali - I have been reading alot about the Walk Away the Pounds video by Leslie Sansone. Have you tried it?? I have seen it at Wal-Mart; it has different levels; it is also available on QVC.com.

I have surely missed Linda, our Foxy Lady; I hope she is okay and will be back with us soon.

I also miss the other ladies that have posted on this thread; please let us know how you are doing.

I've got to get to work so I will try to check back in here again later this evening.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:21 PM   #180  
Just having some fun!

Thumbs down Hi!

The weather here is perfect...I really wish it would stay like this...91, sunny, some rain...... However next week we are supposed to be hot again.

I am glad to see more posts also!

Connie - I did pick up 2 videos from Borders. One is a AM and PM Stretch. It has 4 different sessions. I also picked up a Jazzathetics - something like that. It has 6 sessions on it. Mom and I are supposed to do a stretching one tonight.

Venetia did huricane Erika affect you? It is supposed to hit Brownsville sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I have relatives in Harlingen that were up yesterday and left this morning to go and board up their windows and put stuff up around the house. We need the rain, but not all at one time!!!

Also - I know what you mean nice green high grass! We have 10 acres. AND my husband has banned me from the lawnmover. I have broken it 3 times since we bought it in March. I am BANNED. Fine with me! I'll just go get more cows!

Have a great weekend everyone! I will be busy cleaning my grandma's house, our house, AND going to Splashtown on Sunday! Yippie! I love water!

Ali