Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:38 AM   #181  

Hi all i'm was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a week ago.The doc has me on Starlix which only works while you eat.Twice a day when i eat breakfast and dinner.Seems to be working out good for now.Low carbs,low fat and low sodium is the diet i am on.Never realized how much "junk" was in the foods i was eating.I already feel alot better without all that in my body.Have not been back for weight check yet but as soon as i do i will post.
Diana74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #182  
One day at a time..

Talking Hello there Diana..

Glad to have you join us.. What sort of diet is Low Carb, Low Fat and Low salt. I could use that. I have been so confused the last couple of weeks not really knowing what to do. WW or Atkins. Maybe you can help me too.

Also I have never heard of Starlix. Is it a new form of Insulin?

You seem to have it all together. My best friend lives in Lumberton. Are you near there?

Talk to you later....WELCOME!!!!

Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #183  

Welcome Diana - glad to have you join us. My name is Connie. I am a type 2 diabetic (diagnosed in March). I take Glucophage and monitor my fingersticks twice a day. I am also eating low carb, low fat and need to work on the salt. So far I have lost about 40 pounds. I also work the night shift. Your right about the junk in our food - I'm reading the labels more than I used to. Is Starlix an insulin?? I haven't heard of it either.

Hey Venetia

Ali - I get frustrated helping my boyfriend cut the lawn, when I think I've done a good job, he says he has to go back over it and cut it gain. So I just don't help anymore. I live in town so I can't get any cows to do it

Hope everyone else is having a good start to the week; where are you guys???? Would like to hear from you all.

Gotta start to work now. Have a good day everybody.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:15 PM   #184  

Hi all, I'm new here too. I'm type 1 diabetic for 6 yrs. I brought a friend along as well, snugsnug!! Nice to meet everyone.
bella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:30 AM   #185  

WELCOME Bella1. My name is Connie; I am a type 2 diabetic; I take Glucophage and eat low carb (I do not follow any specific diet plan, I just limit carbs). So far my sugars have been normal. I have just recently lost 40 lbs. I am feeling a lot better than I did when I was first diagnosed in March this year.

Hey Snugsnug ; please feel free to jump right in here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hope everyone else had a good day. Will check back in Thurs.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #186  

Hi Connie thanks for the warm welcome! You did such a great job losing weight , Keep it up!! You should be really proud.Hope to talk to you again soon, Have a Great Day!!
bella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:44 PM   #187  

Hello My friends
things have slow down a bit . I don't know what will happen when they do look at dad .but he feeling better now . he really had me going for awhile .

dixiedarlin thank you for caring enough to come find me .that means so much that you missed me .I mite have time to think for a little while i hope so .I missed talking to everyone here
well got run take care everyone . I starded a group to if you would e-mail me i'll send you the link anyone else trying to lose weigh that want it
[email protected]
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:28 AM   #188  

Question

Hey, where is everybody?? Guess you guys are busy; hope it's fun things that you are busy doing.

I have not been feeling well the past couple of weeks; I'm having rectal pain and bleeding. My doc last week said it was a rectal tear; she gave me suppositories and Colace and told me to drink lots of water. It felt like it was improving but this weekend it decided to get me in a vise grip and it won't let go, so she referred me to a surgeon, who I will see Wed. The pain has really been stressing me out; I have been overeating, but so far my blood sugars have all been normal. I have tried everything I know - hot baths, more water, but it hasn't helped. I have had this problem before and it got better but this time I don't think it will. Riding in a car is torture. I just lay around all day until time to go to work; by then the pain has subsided some. I found that Tylenol helps some. I will probably have to have surgery, but if it will take care of the problem then the sooner the better. I have almost been brought to tears, I think "why did this happen now after I have been doing so well with my weight loss and changing the way I eat"? I have learned a huge lesson about taking care of myself - from now on it's more fiber and more water.

I hope you all are taking care of yourselves. Have a good evening.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:29 AM   #189  

Hi Dixie Darling
Sorry to hear your not feeling well .It hard to eal with staying on a eating plan when your sick .I'm sure you will get back with it when you feel better .I'm up early today getting ready to run dad for a check up .Next week he see the doctor about his Artery to his heart and see what there gonna do so i been stress out to .But i'm hanging in there on the eating .
I just got my Diet group under way and so for 6 has joined .So that has kept me wanted to behave .It a christain based weight lost support group . Something to kept me on my toes My sugar been running a lot better by eating better .
My Prayers will be with you my friend ,I hope you are filling better soon . Take care and know you are loved
FoxyLady
Old 08-27-2003, 06:43 PM   #190  
One day at a time..

Unhappy Hello Connie,,

So sorry to hear that you are not well. Will the surgeon be able to do something for you. It sounds like a miserable thing to go through. I do hope you feel better.

My sister has something called Rectocele. Are you familiar with that. She is having a hard time too. I guess my health is better than my sister or my btother and sometime I feel terrible when I complain.Both are younger than I am.

We haven't been doing anything around here except we do hit a lot of yard sales and thrift shops, looking for stuff to sell on EBAY to supplement our income.

It has been so hot here. How about in Tenn? I hope I got the state right. I want to get out and walk but all I want to do in this heat is stay indoors. Ok, I gotta run. Stay in touch.

Love,
Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 AM   #191  

VENETIA - the surgeon told me I had a chronic anal fissure and it will have to be surgically removed; I am scheduled to have this procedure done next week. It is causing my sphincter muscle to spasm. Until the surgery I am to keep sitting in hot water (to relax the sphincter muscles) and use stool softener. She also said I shouldn't use any creams or suppositories as this will irritate the exposed tissue and cause spasm. Yes, it is hot and humid here; but better than being cold. Have you ever heard of the big yard sale they have in east Tennessee in August? It runs along a stretch of highway through Tennessee and into Alabama and Georgia. I can't remember the name of sale - I'll have to look it up.

LINDA - is your diet group online? Hope you dad is doing okay and that you get an answer from the doctor. Congrats on eating healthy.

To all you other ladies - we miss you and need you. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #192  

Hello
Yes it on line but they won't let me said the link on here but if your or anyone else here is interested you can e-mail me at my e-mail it is [email protected] and i'll send you the link to your e-mail and you can check it out .I would love you join .we have 6 and the group already .i just started it so that not bad . there a bunch of nice lady christain ladys i think you would like them .
So I took dad yesterday up to the hospital and they say he blood count is back up where it should be .now next week it that test for the artery to his heart .that should say if they operate or not .I pray they don't have to .he not very strong any more .well I got 2 days of home school to get caught up .it always a pleasure to hear from you my friend .take care
Lots of love Linda (foxylady)
Old 08-29-2003, 02:01 AM   #193  

Didn't want to leave work without saying hello to everyone; hope you all had a nice day. My eating is still a bit off, but my blood sugars have been normal. It is so easy to slip back into the old habits, especially when you are feeling lousy and stressing out over it.

Take care of yourselves.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:16 AM   #194  

EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Old 08-31-2003, 12:53 PM   #195  

Hiya palm Bay Granny!
I live in Palm bay too! Maybe we can walk together and help to motivate each other, cause I hate walking in this heat also. I have to start off slow though that's for sure. I have birsitis on my hip and an injured knee.
Take Care and kepp Smilin'!
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote