Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-01-2003, 01:07 AM   #196  
One day at a time..

Smile Hello from Linda..

Hello everyone.

I have heard from Linda and she says hello and she will be back to post as soon as her son gets some software he ordered to fix her computer.

Connie you are the only really faithfull one to post. I sure hope you are feeling better. Let us know how the surgery goes. Will you be out of work?I get lazy but I read every post that you submit. All of you.

Hello Lisa, I sent you a PM. Welcome to the group.

Venetia
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:57 PM   #197  

WELCOME LISA!!!. Glad to have you; just make yourself at home. I see that you and Venetia are neighbors. Do you guys live far from the coast??

LINDA - sorry to hear you are having computer problems; hope you are back up and running soon. Hope you and your dad are doing fine.

VENETIA - I'm hanging in there; my procedure is Thurs; I'm planning on staying in bed Thurs and Fri, so I'm going to stock up on foods that are quick to fix, books and maybe videos. I have fresh batteries in my TV remote and will put my lights on timers. I have cleaned up my car and done my laundry. I just need to vacuum and I may just hit the high spots with that. Feeding the cat will be the most "strenous" thing I have to do. I will not be able to use a computer for a few days so you all probably won't hear from me until next week. My doc says I should only be off work two days (Thurs and Fri) and I have Mon and Tues off next week. I am hoping to feel better in a few days.

Hi to all of the other ladies that have posted on this thread; hope you are still visiting us here.

Y'all have a good evening.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:20 AM   #198  

I WILL SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #199  
One day at a time..

Post Connie

GET WELL SOON!!
I hope by now your procedure is over. Make sure you follow the Drs orders and relax for the next few days. I know cats and they can take care of themselves,if you left the food out.

You will be in my thoughts all these next few days.

Most of all WATCH THAT SUGAR!!

Your friend in low carb...
Venetia
Old 09-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #200  

Angry

Hello Venetia and Connie,

I'm sorry if it took me a bit to get back to you, I am really confused on the boards. I didn't even know you replied. I did get your Pm Venetia and thanks for responding. How have you been? Thanks for the warm welcome. Connie take it easy and get well soon.

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 09-04-2003 at 02:00 PM.
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #201  
One day at a time..

Post Hello Friends..

Hello Connie and Lisa and whoever is around. Lisa, I love the picture. You are so pretty.

Connie: how are you feeling. I thought you would be back by now. I hope everything is ok. Let us know how you are doing. We worry about you.

Lisa: My foot dosen't seem to be any better. Even the brace was so painful last night I had to get up and take it off. I have been so tired today just from trying to get comfortable last night, and my back is killing me too.

I take pain pretty well but I am just tired of it today. I'm gonna go to bed and try to get a good sleep and rest my big fat,tired body.

Goodnight all.

Love,
Venetia
Old 09-11-2003, 07:32 AM   #202  

AWWWW Venetia, I feel so bad for you. I will pray for less pain for you, better yet NO Pain! I'm sorry to hear you are suffering so. Thank you for the kind words, but pictures can be so misleading..LOL. I love your picture too you look so happy and relaxed in it. No one has been on here in awhile, I hope they come back soon. It seemed like such a nice group. My Mom has diabetes and at the rate I'm going I could be next, which is one of the hundreds of reasons why I have to get this weight off.
Take Care and keep smilin'
Lisa
Old 09-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #203  
One day at a time..

Talking Hi Lisa..

I forgot to ask before..What diet plan do you follow.

Venetia
Old 09-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #204  

I am doing a combination of things, a little from atkins, and south beach and low calorie. Basically my Dr. reccommends a 1500 a day calorie intake and I try to stay away from bad carbs. I also take a multi vitamin and fish oil supplements. I am now working on drinking 64 ounces of water a day as well. What about you?

Lisa
Old 09-12-2003, 01:43 PM   #205  

Lisa , I'm doing Atkins south beach combo myself have lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks tomorrow.I only have 11 more to go. My bs are doing really good too.

bella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:24 PM   #206  

Fantastic Bella!!! Not too sure what the b's are, but it's all good!

Stay Positive!
Lisa
Old 09-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #207  

I am a type 2 of 8 years. I am on glucophage. I also have hypothyroidism. I am bound and determined to get this wieght off. I am motivated for myself. It helps I have a special event in the family next summer. I am counting calories and watching fat. I used to count carbs but I found if my calories are low such as 1300 my carb count is fine. I eat a lot of veggies. No pasta, only diet bread(2 slices), no white potato . It is a slow process for me and my medical problems.
fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:43 PM   #208  

Sorry, It's short for blood sugar, bs.I forget I'm not on a diabetic board .
Old 09-12-2003, 04:45 PM   #209  

fern I too have hypothyroidism .I've had it since I was about 11.Good Luck I hope you do great.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:58 AM   #210  
One day at a time..

Unhappy hellooooooo......

Where are you all? Connie I am really worried about you sweetie. You ok? Somebody write a note to me. I miss you all.

Venetia