Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #151  

Angry First 5# gone!

Re-Hi to everyone who have been so kind with their replies. Granny, I thought I was the only person in the world who could not lose weight with Atkins! Today was my 3rd weight in at WW and finally, finally, FINALLY have total weight loss of 5#!!! Never, ever, did I think losing would be so very difficult. I have followed the diet to a "W" and have the journals to prove it. All I hear are the excuses: you are no longer 21, you take many meds for your BP, diabetes, yadda, yadda, yadda. Heck, a person who weighs 250# should, in my opinion, and if she has followed the diet, like I have, should have lost 10# a week!!!

Any way, no one is home now, so thought I would come here and celebrate, knowing that all of you are going thru the same battle as I.

Now, my goal for this week is to exercise 15 min before I go to work and 15 min when I get home, THUD!

Lucky and skinny week to all of you,
Janet
MEEJAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:30 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking This is so cool

Hi Friends
This is so unexpected but nice, come check it out at the Ms Woman of Color Website, just click on Pageant to be taken to the winners tour. Or just go to this page directly

http://mswomanofcolor.com/pageant/de...bassador04.htm
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:15 AM   #153  
One day at a time..

Talking Hello Girls...

Hope you all had a great weekend!! How nice to have a new friend Janet. Boy can I relate to that first five lbs,took me 7 weeks to get there. I guess it's because I am "older'. I had actually already lost three when I signed up thanks to my daaughter-in-law giving me the points scale and explaining the whole thing to me.

I don't know how you felt but I really loved the Atkins plan. Just did not work for me.LOL Like you said I thought I was the only person it didn't work for. My Dr could not even believe it. As I think back I may have eaten a few too many PORK RINDS. And maybe a few too many Low Carb Diet Bars. Who knows. I may try it again if this WW dosen't work to well. I know I was never hungry on Atkins and I stay that way on WW. I also believe that we should be losing more and I believe it is all in the calories. Add them up and see if you agree. My blood sugar was also better on Atkins..

Joann I really enjoyed the pictures on theLink you sent. What an honor for you. Bravo!

And Bravo to you for the first 5 lbs,Janet!
Palm Bay, Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:22 AM   #154  
One day at a time..

Wink P.S.

Janet....

I have been trying to get my husband to move us to Las Vegas. I love it there. We got married there in 1999 and have been every year since until this year. Just could not afford the Hotels and still have money to lose on the slots. What part of Vegas do you live in. I have an ex husband there too. Do you need one?LOL

Talk to you later.

Venetia
Old 07-29-2003, 07:22 PM   #155  

Hello ladies!

I haven't checked in since Fri night so I will backtrack later.

I am proud to report that I saw my doc yesterday - all of my numbers were normal (blood sugar, cholesterol, BP) and I LOST 23 POUNDS SINCE MY LAST VISIT IN MAY!!!!. My total weight loss thus far is at least 37 pounds.

I enjoyed a long weekend (mon night off). Hope you all had a good weekend too.

I will catch up on posts later tonight. See ya.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #156  
One day at a time..

Default Where are you?

Hellloooo!!

Anybody home. I am talking to myself over here..

I lost another lb. Had weigh in today..

I will be back later. Better be some Yippees here.

Venetia
Old 07-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #157  
One day at a time..

Red face Me...

Connie.

That is some really great news!!:news!!

I am so happy for you!! We're all gonna make it!!

Love ya,
Venetia
Old 07-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #158  

Angry HURRAY!!!!

!!! !!!! !!! !!!! !!!!

We all deserve for a day!!!! Connie, Palm Bay Granny, we are so great!!!! But, Connie, to you dear one.

About breaking my arm here with patting all of us on the back.

And, Granny, no thanks, had one husband, that was enough,thank you very much! I live 2 miles West of the strip and work in Henderson.

Have to go, love you all, !!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #159  
Just having some fun!

YIPPIEE! Yahooooo! Wahooo! Yabadabdooo! Way to go Dixiedarlin, Janet & Venetia!!!!! That is sooo great!

Ali

Last edited by Ali Brat; 07-30-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Ali Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 01:20 PM   #160  

the amaryll is the culprit on playing with our blood sugars... when i went off insulin and just was taking glucophage, actos, and the amaryll i had to lower my dosage cause by mid morning i would get the sweats and shakes so i cut my dosage down by half after consulting my doctor and am watching my counts carefully and now i know that if i don't eat something by 10 am i have to carry something with me at all times. i hope this helps u .............
notlookingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #161  

Lightbulb

Marlene, thanks for the Amaryl info. I have to see my doc Thursday, AM, and will tell him what I have been doing with the WW and all. I have a huge blister on my little toe, couldn't wear my work shoes and today when I went to work in sandals, my supervisor wouln't allow that either. She then gave me the rest of the day off and tomorrow if I could get to the Doc by then. Lucky for mee he had just received a cancellation. The blister is broken, and hurts very, very much. Keeping the foot elevated and trying to keep an ice pack on it does help considerably. But, you know us diabetics and our feet, one cannot be too careful!

Keep on losing gang, just because there will be "less" of us to hug, doesn't mean we are less here.

J
Old 07-30-2003, 07:48 PM   #162  

well i am glad if i helped u............... and please take care of ur feet..................i have a fractured ankle and it is taking its time to heal since i fractured it on memorial day and then the end of june i got stricken with bells palsy so it has been a challenge for me to stay on a diet to watch my weight ...............i have no will power but am struggling along
keep me posted on ur foot ok
Old 08-03-2003, 06:09 PM   #163  
One day at a time..

Unhappy Where is everyone??

It's so lonely over here all by myself. I may get so bored I will start smoking again.

Not a chance. I haven't had one for over 5 years. Would not want to do that again.

Hope you girl's feet have gotten better. What's going on. I got heel spurs,Janet has a blister on her toe,(be careful) I would hate to see you lose a foot or a toe.!! And Marlene has a fractured ankle. The Bells Palsy is no fun. I hope you are feeling better.

My heel still is giving me fits but I cannot wear that brace I got from Dr all night. I wake up with my feet feeling like they are burning and I wind up struggling to get it off.

Wonder what has happened to Linda. Hope her feet are ok!!

Ok gotta go make supper. Be back to look for someone later.
Connie where are you? Guess you had the weekend off. Good for you.

Venetia
Old 08-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #164  

well thanks for the well wishes, my bells palsy is disappearing and the ankle is finally getting better. my husband suffers terribly from bone spurs.. we ordered the ortho peds from carol wright gifts and he loves them now but his feet still hurt when he stands up.. the foot doctor wanted him to pay over $350.00 for the same thing we got for 25.00 boy they seem to take advantage of us don't they.
well hopefully all is well with everyone and take care
Old 08-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #165  

Well, Granny, that blister did turn into something! I called my doc on Wednesday and lucky for me there was an 11AM cancellation for the next day. Lucky, because he is impossible to get into see unless one has had the apt. months ahead. He took one look at my now very painful little toe and sent me straight to the hospital. Wouldn't even allow me to go home for a few things! He wanted them to put a PICC line in my arm so I could receive massive doses of antibiotics, have a bone scan, to make sure I didn't have osteomylitis. Good news to report, I was out of the hospital, as he put it, "before you catch something". Just 3 IV's of antiobics cured the ooze and slime away so much that he sent me home on oral antibiotics, no PICC line, PHEW. But, now I am having gastric problems due to the antibiotics, almost wish I had the PICC line, for that reason.
But, the toe is now nearly pain free, looks ugly, but also looks like I will be able to keep it a while longer,