Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Yes, I miss the others too. Many of them work and I'm sure they are busy, However, it would be nice to hear from them once in a while when they can drop by. Maybe you could put your Zyrtec by the bed or some other place where you will see it to take before bedtime.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

It's snowing. The first snowfall this season. Its very cold out and I hope the streets don't get icy. DH says the ground is still too warm, as it was in the 60s just last week.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:14 PM   #63  

Awe, I'm jealous of the snow. I hope it will be a safe snow and not icey. It is cold here. In 30s at night and 40s and 50s during the day time.

Well we never got to the store. We got in the car turned the key and the battery was gone. DH tried to charge it but his charger threw the braker and died. So BIL came and they got the car started so they could take it to the auto shop to get a new battery installed. So we will do tomorrow what we had planned to do today.

I ended up with a 24 hr fast by the time we ate. Calories today 753 and net carbs 85 g. 25 g protein isn't near enough, but it is just one day. Since I had planned takeout and didn't have anything ready to cook, dinner ended up being soup and salad and 5 hrs later I had half a ham sandwich just enough to satisfy my hunger. I will have a shorter fast tomorrow and we will get takeout. Just glad we got the car running.

Doing laundry tonight. I'll be so glad that next month when my new electrid contract kicks in that I will be able to do laundry earlier in the day.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:41 PM   #64  

The streets did not get icy. It snowed for about 2 hours. I like snow when I don't have to go out in it and DH does not fall in it.

I think I want to go to Aldi's tomorrow. I haven't been there for a while. I want to get some canned goods.

I'm glad your battery didn't die while you were out somewhere!
Old 11-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #65  

I was shocked that weight was down to 184.6. Yesterday on MFP it says I ate 647 calories and 42 carbs. I don't think that's right but I can't figure out what I missed. I never eat that low. Oh, I just remembered. I had some cheese as a snack and forgot to enter it, and a snack size peanut butter cup. So I was at 1057. 57 carbs. That's about normal for me. It seems that that is my calorie range without trying.

DH cooked eggs and sausage at 10am but I told him I didn't want any. Too early. He made an egg and sausage sandwich for himself and I ate the fork ful of eggs that was left. I didn't eat the extra sausage. He always cooks too much. So I did break my fast but very few calories. That's much better than the big plate he cooks for me. Maybe I'm starting to eat "normal," whatever normal is. This is what I want. I'm tired of being obsessed about what I eat. I know automatically when I eat something "wrong."

When I went to bed I was too tired to put water in my cpap so I slept without it so sleep was not good at all. I need to get into the habit of filling the reservoir earlier in the day because I get so tired I just want to go to sleep. I fell asleep instantly last night but didn't stay asleep. So I will get tired.

Also, I'm getting pain in my hand. I think it is tendonitis from typing on my tablet. I might have to go back to the computer again.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:33 PM   #66  

Carol Sue, Congratulations on the 184.6. That is good. I'm finding my eating is more normal as well. I just hope this will continue. I am back to basically eating 2 meals a day or more like a meal and a snack and would like to keep it that way. I do find it easier to eat only 2MAD or OMAD + 1S so will try to keep it that way for now. Will have a 20 hr fast by the time we eat today.

Sorry your hands are bothering you again. I wonder how much of the weather change affects that. Seems like you experienced that when the weather turned cold last year. Aldi's is a good place to get good can goods. I don't have the space for a lot of can goods in this house like I had in SC. Love my home, but miss SC home.

Weight this morning was 178 again today and FBG 107. So the weight loss was real and the FBG is coming back down. We are going to Sam's and the local store across the street. The Chinese place wgere we used to get our Chinese food is in own the same shopping center of the local store so we are getting Chinese takeout for dinner. I hope it doesn't mess up my weight and FBG.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:23 PM   #67  

Trish,,the reason I think my hand pain is from the tablet is that's the only time it hurts. I am susceptible to pain from repetitive motion but I know the cold could affect it too. My back seems to act up when its cold. My chiropractor retired so I hope my back stays pain free.

I am pretty good now with observing my window but I'm still snacking. Small meals instead of sticking with 2. I count the egg I ate at 10 this morning as a meal, although small. At noon I had a half cup of cottage cheese and toast. I know it's not good to eat often and keep getting an insulin response. I would do better to eat my small things together as one meal and I might try that. I think its important to go longer between eating. That's what you do and its working. I don't think you will ever see 180s again!

We are eating at Bob Evans and Aldi's is across the street. I am trying to use the extra food I have but I'm out of canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. I use them often and like to have them on hand when I need them. I use mostly frozen vegetables rather than canned. I also like to have tuna and mushroom soup on hand. When my MIL got a new cabinet in her kitchen we took the old one to use in the basement for over stock of dry goods.

I ordered country fried steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Ate the broccoli and half of the potatoes and steak. I just couldn't finish it. It was good, and what I wanted. In the past I would have eaten it all.

I got a few things at Aldi's then DH wanted to go to Wal-Mart so I got more there. I don't like Wal-Mart at 5 pm. Aldi's is usually crowded in the morning, empty in the evenings. Wal-Mart is the opposite.

On the way home Great Clips was empty so I got my haircut. .

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-16-2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:37 PM   #68  

We got Chinese Sweet n Sour chicken with fried rice and egg rolls. We half all of it but I couldn't eat all of my half but counted it on MFP as just half because I don't know how to count 2/3 of a half. So calories shows over 1300 and carbs extremely high. I noticed while DH was getting the Chinese food a place called Great Cuts. I had never seen it before. Interesting that you mentioned that you get your hair cut there. I think it is new in these parts of the country.

I found a beautiful Boston butt pork roast big enough to cut in half and the price was pretty good for the size. DH doesn't care for turkey any more so we decided to have the pork roast for our Thanksgiving dinner. I finally got a can of pumpkin only because it was on display. I noticed on one of the FB keto groups, they eat it as a side dish not a dessert. I thought I might try it.

I enjoyed the Chinese food but it didn't settle well with me. I think it was the fact that it was way too carby. Only had 1 meal today and will try not to eat anything else today so it will be a OMAD after a 20 hr fast.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:37 PM   #69  

Was the place you saw Great Cuts or Great Clips? Mine is Great Clips. It is walk in only. I think they also do perms but I never see anyone getting a perm. No color. DH goes there too. There is another similar place called Super Cuts. Its a little more expensive. I looked online and your area has both Great Clips and Super Cuts. We pay $12 for a senior haircut but at the one near you it is $16.

I love Chinese but never get it. Very carby because of the sauce and rice. I make La Choy Chicken Chow Mein occasionally.

I started to get a little hungry and was going to eat my leftovers but then I drank water and forgot about it. .

Tomorrow the dog has to go to the vet for his rabies shot. I found out I could take him somewhere else cheaper but I already made the appointment. We want to make sure he is on record at this vet in case we ever have an emergency. Some vets won't take you as an emergency if the pet hasn't been there before.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #70  

I guess I should have eaten my leftovers because the scale is back up to 185.2. sigh. I was only at 900+ calories and I had to adjust it up to 1011. But I had 72 carbs. Whatever. I will just keep trying to get the scale to go down. My body REALLY doesn't want me to lose!! I used to be able to go as high as 1500 but I guess I messed up my metabolism big time.

I slept so much better last night. I remembered to take my Zyrtec. I don't take Benedryl anymore and only take Tylenol if I have pain. I still take Tart Cherry and sometimes magnesium.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:02 PM   #71  

Carol Sue, The one I saw was Great Clips. It is the first time I've ever seen it. We do have the Super Cuts and it is on the other side of town around the block from where I get my hair done with my long time beautician/friend. I had my hair cut at Super Cuts for year before DS learned about out beautician who became a long time friend. She learned about her from women she worked with. I had never heard of Great Clips or Great Cuts. Good to know about them.

I wasn't hungry after dinner and still haven't eaten today. Once I drink a cup of coffee, I seem to be fine so not eating until dinner. So will have a 23 hr fast by the time we eat. I cook a small pot of lentils for me and have a navy beans cooking in the crockpot for DH. My plan is to eat lentils for supper tonight maybe 4 hrs after dinner. It would be nice if I could get back to my old way of eating dinner and supper like I did growing up. It would be nice to have 2 days of OMAD and 5 days of 2MAD. We are having pizza for dinner and DH has his cauliflower before he goes to bed and I can have my lentils or something else that is fairly light for a second meal such as oatmeal or soup. Today as close as I can figure on MFP my calories will be 1059 and net carbs of 88 g.

Weight stayed at 178 lbs and FBG 107 for 3 days in a row. Kind of surprised me after the Chinese food, but I guess having only OMAD was the key.

Have a nice day everybody.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:06 PM   #72  

Trish, I'm so proud of you for staying in the 170s! You have found your niche and are doing great! I did good on calories but way up on carbs. Too much bread. That is a problem for me. I didn't stay in my window but I don't have to do it every day. Maybe tomorrow I will do OMAD.

Did you hear that Buffalo NY is getting 4 feet of snow? They get a lot of snow there.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:20 PM   #73  

Carol Sue, I hadn't heard about the 4 feet of snow expected in Buffalo NY. I actually didn't watch the weather today not even our local weather.

I actually ate pretty much on plan except that I had a keto ice cream bar for supper with my few bites of lentils. I am really eating too much at dinner some days but haven't figured out how to cut back more. It might be the probiotic that I take at dinner. I think prebiotics are kind of like fiber and makes me feel fuller.
So my calories were between 1100 and 1200 which is really good. I know the carbs were a little higher as well. However, I did eat within a 4 hr eating window.

Carol Sue, I'm not sure we have to eat the same eating window everyday because our bodies will get too use to it. So maybe it is good to have a longer day once in a while. Also I am not convinced that it hurts to eat different foods some days either. Since our bodies adapt so easily to what we are doing that it makes me wonder if eating what some call an "off" or "cheat" day isn't a good thing. Since you and I follow our own plan and don't have any "foods not allowed" but just try to eat what we want within our calorie/carb limit, we don't have or need an "off" or "cheat" day. Weight might fluctuate up, but we know if we stay true to our plan the weight will come back down because the bounce up is exactly that... just a temporary up which is probably water weight.

Goodnight.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #74  

Weight bounced back down to 184.8. I felt like I over ate because I went way over my window but calories were good.

Trish I think the lentils you eat are working in your favor. Beans are not the big thing up north like they are in the south. I like beans but I don't know anyone who eats them. My mother used to make great baked beans and bean soup using dried beans. I don't know where she got her recipes. I don't think my grandmother cooked like that. I have only cooked with canned beans. When you talk about them I want some. Thing is, if I make things like that for myself then I still have to eat with DH. He would never eat them.

DH made French toast and I had some made with Sara Lee Delightful bread. It was a great treat, not something I would eat daily. I just got an idea. Its too late for this year but next Thanksgiving I might make my stuffing with Sara Lee bread. It would be lower calorie and carb but higher fiber. I could cube the bread and let it sit out to dry out. I could add my own seasoning or mix in some seasoned commercial bread cubes. I don't know why I never thought about that before.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-18-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:06 PM   #75  

Carol Sue, My Mama never cooked beans. I suspect that Daddy didn't like them so I didn't eat them until I lived with my aunt after college and years later after marrying DH#2. The only reason DH likes them is they help keep his FBG down below 120s. It is cold today and he is going to mow the yard, so beans will a good meal to help warm him up when he comes in so that is on the menu. I could also make some really good baked beans with Stevia or some other accepted healthy substitute sweetener. I might do that sometime.

I love your idea of making dressing/stuffing out of the SLMG bread. I like mine a combo of cornbread and bread and I am the only one who will eat it. I will take the left over cornbread that I will have from today and add just enough of SLMG bread pieces to even it out and make a good dressing/stuffing for me on Thanksgiving day and it will be so much healthier.

I looked up on line to see how to take my probiotic and found out it should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach with lots of water. I haven't eaten so will see what happens when I eat dinner. Hopefully the gut issues will improve.

Weight this morning was up 1.2 lbs, but that is to be expected when I eat pizza. FBG was 104. Strange how the weight was up but the FBG down 3 pts. So grateful things are improving for both you and me Carol Sue. I do think we are in a happy place with our eating and weight loss. Because beans are not low carb, my carbs today are higher than usual, but my calories for today is less than 1100.

Have a nice day everybody and hope we all can stay warm.
Closed Thread