Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 11:23 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Things went well at the lab. They changed the check in and a woman helped me. After that we got breakfast at Bob Evans and I wanted everything. I ate oatmeal with pecans, DH got scrambled eggs with sausage and hash browns and I helped him eat his scrambled eggs hash browns. The sausage didn't appeal to me. So I guess my appetite is back and I'm going to have to be careful.

I don't have any Alfredo sauce so I'm not going to be able to make chicken Alfredo. I was so sure I had it. I'll find something to make.

After we ate we went to Goodwill and that tired me out. I guess I can only go for a couple hours.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue, I do miss the SL bread however, I have to say that this bread does make me feel full longer. I just can't eat 2 slices so may have to go back to the SL. Not sure although I suspect this bread will keep me from eating more bread than I should.

Weight was up to 186.6 this morning and FBG I think was 112 or 113. I don't think I can do higher carbs. This is unacceptable for me amd has to stop, so I am jumping back on MFP eating lower carb and try to keep them less at least around 75 net grams a day. I know the net carbs need to stay less than 100 g. That will be my plan for 2023 but I will work at easing back into it between now and then taking off only a few days during the holidays. Christmas eve and day fall on the weekend this year (my usual off days any way) so I will eat what I want for the holiday, but Monday after, will be back on plan. DBIL who is retiring in January is going to take vacation during the holidays and we will all go out to eat to celebrate DH's and the other DBIL's Dec. birthdays as well as Christmas together. Sometimes I can stay OP when we go out but we want to try a new place in a little town nearby so not sure about being on plan then. Otherwise, I I hope I can lose some of this weight I've gained and also can keep from gaining any more than the 186.6.
I am still going to eat the fruit and grains for the fiber, but I am going to watch the carbs at the same time. Today my foodplan tracked on MFP is 1126 calories and net carbs 57 grams.

We go to the dentist tomorrow to get our teeth cleaned and see what work needs to be done. We haven't had a dentist since SC and I hope we won't need a whole lot to get them back to normal. Now that we have dental insurance it will be nice just to get my teeth cleaned. Healthy teeth and my cataract surgery are the plans for 2023.
__________________________________________________ _____
Found a FB IF group I'm on and read some about eating windows and creamer in coffee during fasting. I may need to go back to 4 to 6 hr eating window and give up my coffee during the fasting hrs because I really can't drink it without the creamer. I am fasting tomorrow until after our dental appointments so will try to keep it clean.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-12-2022 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:26 PM   #168  

Trish, it sounds good that you are going to be getting back to your old eating window that worked so well before. Here is my opinion on creamer in coffee. Yes,it breaks the fast,but if you do everything's else right,that bit of creamer in your coffee is not going to ruin everything.

I went way over again today and I won't be surprised if I'm back to 180. 1124 calories and 134 carbs. My appetite is back. I want to start correcting this tomorrow. I know that I want to eat foods that I like. I want to make a list of my favorite foods and eat proper portions of them.

Since I didn't have Alfredo sauce I made spaghetti and meatballs. I ate a much smaller portion than I used to eat but it was satisfying without stuffing myself. I know there is a lot still out there that will be getting thrown out but that's better than stuffing myself. I don't want to be on a diet. I want to eat things I like in proper portions.

I pray that God helps me stay in control of my weight going into the New Year.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:19 PM   #169  

Carol Sue, I feel the same way. I don't really want to be on a diet and I want to be able to eat the foods I want and eat sensible portions. I personally believe the best way for me to do that is to do it along with IF. I don't even think I'm going to worry about the fat although not eat high fat but I was also reading why low fat and fat free isn't good for us either because you are either trading fat for too much sodium or sugar.

Years ago I was in the old TOPS group and one thing I liked about them was all in the name... Take Off Pounds Sensibly. No dieting. I do believe learning "Portion Control" is the key to success regardless of what eating plan a person decides to follow.

We both have seen the 170s so I believe we can get there. I am going to use my dentist appointment as a jumpstart on IF. I read of a woman on FB IF group who said she jump started her weight loss by eating OMAD for a week and then settled into 20:4 7 days a week. I think I would like to do that between now and Christmas eve if my schedule between now and then is free for me to do so.

I too pray that God will help us do this in 2023. I now have 36 lbs to lose to get to 150 lbs and would so love to get there by this time next year.
__________________________________________________ __
I'm about to go to bed. I actually had a successful 2MAD within 4 hr eating window. I also have actually had a clean fast this evening and plan to continue it until we get home from dental appointments. So my fast will be more than 24 hrs.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-13-2022 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:54 AM   #170  

Good for your, Trish!

​​​​​I am happy to see that the scale stopped at 178.8 this morning. That is 3 lbs above my lowest but lower than the 180 I expected to see. It might be a delayed reaction to the higher carb I did yesterday or it might be just one of those things we each experience from tiniest time. Since I've been sick, I haven't been craving many foods,but when I eat my favorites they taste very good. When I did eat them I had to stop at a very small portion. I'm beginning to think that this is my key. Eat what I like but less than I think I should.

I remember from the past that I tend to over eat the next day after I have my bloodwork done. That might be why I oveeate yesterday, but I hope it's not a lasting thing.

I don't have a goal weight in mind but I think I will know when I reach it.
Old 12-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #171  

Carol Sue YAY. I am so glad you stayed under 180 and I honestly think you might be able to keep it. I think you are learning what you can from your eating when sick. I have got to think that way about me gaining all this weight trying to get back on WWSF. I saw some others on that sight saying they can't lose on the WW plan they lost on before. It makes me wonder if that is why WW is constantly changing their plans.

I was only down .2 lbs this morning. I was kind of disppointed at first, but then just laughed about ir as I decided that "A loss is a loss even .2 lbs". So I will gladly take it.

Today we have decided to just go to dentist, leave and go get McDs and come home because the receptionist said that we will probably be there until 4:30 or 5 pm. So we will go to the stores tomorrow. So I am going to shoot for OMAD today and tomorrow. I don't want to get take out 2 days in a row so I will probably put chili in the crockpot tomorrow and have that when we get home since the temperature is supposed to really start dropping tomorrow. I hope we are going to be in soup and stew temps now.

Have a good day. BBL
Old 12-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #172  

I just got my lab report and I am dissappointed. My A1c is 6.8, only down .1 from last time. My doctor will be happy that its under 7 but it's not what I wanted. So I still have work to do.

I compared my results from June and overall they are improved so I have that to be happy about. All I need is to go back below 50 carbs and I need to stop putting off exercise!!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-13-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #173  

Carol Sue, I'm so sorry the A1c wasn't lower, but remember a down is a down and next time will be better.
We are a work in progress. I say that to both of us.

Dental appointment went very well. The tooth I was concerned was perfectly fine. I have one small cavity on my front left upper tooth and my insurance is so good that I will have that done pretty soon. DH has a few things that needs to be done, not as expensive as it would be if we didn't have the insurance plan we are on. We should be able to get all that done before our next primary appointment in February.

I love our new dentist who is going to be just as good as my SC dentist was if not better. The hygienist was very thorough and did a much better job that the last one did it in SC. It feels soooo good to have clean teeth. We are on a 6 month cleaning plan now. I have always heard that healthy teeth helps you be healthy.

I ended up with a 25 hr fast by the time we ate. We had McDs and had a slice of key lime pie for dessert. I will fast again tomorrow and try to make it another OMAD. I found out today that BIL isn't going to get his vacation before retiring like he had planned. They asked him to work so someone else can have their vacaton so he agreed. We will have to do it in January. The good thing is I have a good chance to get the jump start on my IF plan now. It has turned out to be a good day.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #174  

Trish, I'm glad you like your new dentist and all went well.

I slept until 10 am today so my timing will be off all day. I need to get out the new parts for my Cpap which won't work. Then I tried getting on the scale this morning and the battery is dead, so I'm charging it. Nothing is working right.

We are supposed to get snow in the next few days so I should go to the store. It will be crowded because I didn't go before 10am. I don't think we will get a lot of snow but around here, every time the weather man says snow we all go to the store! Its as if we think we will get snowed in.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:09 PM   #175  

Carol Sue I had the same problem. I couldn't get to sleep last night and don't like to take anything to help me sleep when I know I am going out the next day. But, I couldn't help it around 3:00 am, I got up and had DH give me 1/2 of one of his sleeping pills. Then I couldn't get up as early as I usually do. I finally got up around 9:30 and everything was slow motion. As fa as I can tell my weight is up .2 lbs so from yesterday's loss and FBG was up to 113. Not sure if that was from stress of sitting in cold waiting room and/or meeting new doctror and hygienest or way too much carbs are the combo. Today won't be much better.

We are going to Sam's and local store because I have to pick up a prescription. If I had known it was due I would have gotten it with last weeks prescription we picked up. If I didn't have to go get med, I would go to Walmart. I told DH I didn't think I wanted Chinese so we are getting Bush's chicken. I will try to make it another OMAD if I can. I think I'm not going to track calories for a while because it seems to work against me trying to keep calories up to 1000 calories.

Hope your day goes well Carol Sue. The run on things in the store before a snow reminds me of when we lived in FL and had all those hurricanes. It amazed me how many people didn't prepare a head of time and had to make runs to the store and many times within a small time everything was wiped out. Hope you can get what you need.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #176  

I found the charger and charged my scale. It now reads 180.0 and I know its fully charged so I know that's right. That puts me up 4.2 lbs from when I was sick. I know my appetite is back but I don't want to gain any more so I need to cut back. I am going to continue to track on MFP but I no longer care if I reach 1000 calories or not. If i am no longer hungry then i will stop eating. I want a permanent online record of what I ate.

I want to go to Bob Evans for dinner. After that we can go to Target for paper products. If we need things from Wal-Mart we will go there next.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:02 PM   #177  

Carol Sue, I would like a list of what I'm eating too but won't really worry about that until after Christmas day. I am going to work at OMAD between now and then. You now have your actual starting place of 180 so that is good. I felt that way about the 186.6 as a starting place as well as the plae I knew I didn't want to go beyond so I needed to get better control of my woe. Not sure Christmas is the best time to start, butI surely better make it work.

We ended up getting my meds first and then going to Sam's and Walmart. I was able to get most of what I needed even found a package of smoked turkey pieces i will eat during holiday but DH won't eat turkey any more. Then I got home and ready to wash clothes and forgot to buy detergent. I barely had enough to wash a load of clothes.

I called the dentist office and set up appointment to get my tooth fixed.They are so sweet to set it up so I can get mine done right after DH gets his crown work done. I want to get everything done as soon as possible after the first because I want to have it all done by the time we go see our primary.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #178  

The scale said 177.8 this morning but I don't believe that drop was real. I want to stay below 180 now that I got there even though it was illness that got me there. The end justifies the means.

Trish, why do you not want to eat turkey anymore? This must have missed something there.

I got a Christmas card from my niece and she had a serious heart attack and almost died. I don't know what's going on with our families this year. She is 54.

Doctor visit went well, its over now til June. I guess my scale was right this morning because I weighed 179.0 at the doctor fully clothed. In June I weighed 191. He never mentions my weight but probably would if there was a big difference. I would like to set a goal of 160 for my next visit in June. Its possible if I start right now.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-15-2022 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:46 PM   #179  

Carol Sue, I'm glad your doc's appointment went very well. Now you are free to work toward the next one in June. I hope you will be able to get through the holidays without gaining and stay under 180 lbs.

My weight is up toagain today. I am so not happy with this but not really ready to get down to hard work to get it going back down. Of course, we don't usually have 2 takeouts in a row so I'm sure that is what is causing some of it. However, my FBG is still good so hopefully it will straighten out. I've h eard of people losing weight better after having a time of eating off, so I hope this will do the same for me when I get back OP after Christmas.

I guess we have just gotten tired of turkey and I don't have to cook for a lot of people and we aren't people who would want to have to deal with all the leftover turkey. Plus I have cooked and deboned so many turkeys over the years which was okay because I had a house full who had it all eaten within a few days. We could get a turkey breast but we prefer both dark and white meat so that wouldn't work for us. We are so used to not having it that we don't want to deal with it any more. DH really didn't like it but ate it because that was what was served. So we just don't by it any more.

I ate some of the smoked turkey for breakfast and we will have chilli for dinner. Today is going to be a 2MD.

Have a nice day everybody.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:03 PM   #180  

Trish, I don't expect to gain over Christmas. I will bake a half ham since its just the two of us. We will eat that for 2 days then slice the rest and freeze it. I will eat the leftovers, DH will not. I usually make potato salad with ham and a vegetable. For New Years I will cook pork and sauerkraut. Other than that, we eat the same as we do the rest of the year.

We both like turkey, both dark and white meat so I always cook a small turkey for Thanksgiving. It got wasted this year because we got sick. The dog ate most of it. I sometimes get a turkey breast once a year.

Today I fell asleep in my recliner and did not cook. DH went to McDonalds but I didn't want any. My appetite was gone again. I still have some congestion and that takes away my appetite. I am gradually feeling better but not 100%. Its very cold and damp out and that makes me feel bad. DH always wants to go places. I think if he would let me stay home til I feel better I would get better faster.

I'm sorry your weight is up Trish. I know how disappointing that can be. Sometimes you are doing something different and just don't realize it and sometimes your body is just retaining the weight. It should start back down soon. If you continue to gain you will have to figure out why. Maybe the colder weather makes you want to eat more.

DH is watching Thursday night football. I will probably get tired and go to bed.
Closed Thread