Old 01-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #241  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

So I'm feeling much better today, I still have to summon some inspiration to give this weight loss thing a real good try. I feel as if I have the right determination, I have the right inspiration - but my motivation to take action is lacking. It's very confusing, but I just have to freaking DO IT and get on with things.

I got down to 165.4 lbs today, which was a nice drop out of the 166 lb range I've been seeing all week. I'm about to plan my fitness classes for the week too, I got sick last week so I cancelled them and need to get back on it this week. Calories need to be counted, it's so important that I do this.

In other news I'm catching up with work slowly but surely, I don't feel as much dread since I'm very close to finishing one deadline I set for myself which will make the deadline go a lot smoother (organising footage within my editing program). I also got to see 8 adorable Malamute puppies today and play with them, it was amazing! I got loads of pictures, I'm sure a lot of them are blurry since I was so excited, but I have the memory.

-------------------

munchey - Sorry you had to learn the hard away about the substitution! Crazy how they sneak things in there like that. I'm the same way - I put off things I really care about because I want to do them right and be in the right "mood" for it - but sometimes you just gotta sit down and do it!

mothermavis - I hear ya on that "if it's there, I'll eat it". I looked after my family's dogs when my parents went on vacation and my Mum being generous pretty much stocked the kitchen full of food that I love. Food that I love = mostly junk food. I had 2 weeks to ration it, I must have demolished it in 4-5 days. What a mess. I just don't have the mentality to not succumb to that temptation!

Mom2three - I seem to follow the same pattern of "being awesome right now" to "completely not doing anything". Eventually I'll find myself in a groove but I'm like an old car trying to start the ignition over and over until I finally move forward! Woah, that's an intense sock hunt! I'm fascinated to know how many socks you have in the house, haha!

Koshinogi - Thanks! Working out with a baby around must be tough, stopping and starting like that. I would recommend Jillian Michaels Body Revolution since it mixes things up more than 30DS. Or Shaun T's T25 program, which I love because Shaun T is my fav .

flower1 - I hope you like the app, as I said, it's pretty basic but I like how simple it is. I think you're right - I've been eating a lot of sugar over the holiday season and I've been experiencing cravings so maybe my body is coming down from a sugar dependency or something.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Ooops! Up 2 lbs.

My excuses - 3 days in FL & 3 days in blizzard.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #243  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Hiya kris2008! I started entering my weight like Rie is doing. I have all my numbers in an Excel spreadsheet and I am entering in the weekly average. It worked out pretty well because my spreadsheets start on a Monday. I am actually down to 166.2 this morning. Saw 165.8 yesterday. Not sure that a challenge would be fair to you, but thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Just in case if anyone wanted to see my spreadsheet and would like to make a similar one: Spreadsheet example

I also enter in my food/weight into MFP, then I can calculate the calories, but it is nice to see a whole week at a time using the spreadsheet.

Last edited by katiam247; 01-25-2016 at 09:44 AM.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #244  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 3 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge:

Charts are top 15 biggest losers! If you want to join the challenge, please go to the first post of the thread and read the rules before joining. If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #245  

Hi Munchey,

I didn't get my new weight to you in time this week. So whenever you get a chance, would you please update the spreadsheet for me again.

Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Week of 1/18: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Didn't lose this week. Too much blizzard munching I guess. Thank you so much for your help!
momof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

160.4 this morning! I think I'm coming down with DBF's cold, so I'm glad something went well today.

Last edited by wolfchan; 01-25-2016 at 10:55 PM.
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:03 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Munchey and everyone!

Bit late logging in, I should have posted this yesterday (Monday) Sorry. Last week I lost 1.5 lb. A bit below my target of 2 lb but had a bad day (it involved Haribo AND chips) so 1.5 is good enough for me.

Hoping for a 2 lb loss next week. Could you update the spreadsheet for me when you get a second I would be grateful.

By the way. How long should it take to be able to access signature, spreadsheet etc - is it 20 days?

Have a good day everyone. x

Last edited by Vehuel; 01-26-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:28 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Munchey, Sorry your soup was too salty. I hate when that happens.

I drink regular Dr. Pepper, but I like the Diet too. I just need to limit it in general. LOL

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sw-263
1/9-266
1/16-265
1/23-263.8
1/30-
2/6-
2/13-
2/20-
2/27-
3/5-
3/12-
Gw-249
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehuel View Post
Hi Munchey and everyone!

Bit late logging in, I should have posted this yesterday (Monday) Sorry. Last week I lost 1.5 lb. A bit below my target of 2 lb but had a bad day (it involved Haribo AND chips) so 1.5 is good enough for me.

Hoping for a 2 lb loss next week. Could you update the spreadsheet for me when you get a second I would be grateful.

By the way. How long should it take to be able to access signature, spreadsheet etc - is it 20 days?

Have a good day everyone. x
Vehuel:
I entered your weight on the spreadsheet. Congrats on your loss! You are doing great - 8 pounds!

On day 21 or later, try and send Riestrella a private message. I'm thinking you will be successful. You should see some indication of whether it sent or not. Then she can give you the link to the spreadsheet.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
Hi Munchey,

I didn't get my new weight to you in time this week. So whenever you get a chance, would you please update the spreadsheet for me again.

Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Week of 1/18: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Didn't lose this week. Too much blizzard munching I guess. Thank you so much for your help!

Momof2Boys:
I entered your current weight as 153. Hope you are digging out from all that snow!
Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-26-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #251  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehuel View Post

Click on my username (assuming you're on a computer or browsing the full website on your phone) and if the option pops up to private message me then you're good!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #252  

BOBBI:
Thanks for the hint to use some potatoes to soak up some salt.

I've been in a bit of a funk for the last few days - just working my way out of it. I guess you can't go full steam ahead for ever, without a few stalls, lol. My exercise overall last week was good, but I ran out of steam on Saturday evening last week. I wasn't too far away from 70,000 steps for the week, but I just hit a wall and couldn't quite make it. It was a tough week for me exercise wise and I really had to push myself. Sunday was a bit of a "poor me" day, but I'm back on track.

I spent a lot of time and effort in preparing the soup, so I didn't throw it away, as I should have. Definitely have lemons on my shopping list. I usually have a few in the frig., but I ran out and just forgot to buy them.

I've been straying away from my meditation and it is time for me to get back on track with that. Also, I'm going to get back into rationing my computer time and working it into the day and not letting it play a dominant role.

Got to keep working on a balancing act. Guess that will always be a struggle.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-26-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #253  

Is anyone watching the TV show on A&E called From Fit to Fat to Fit? I just watched the first episode. It is about trainers who gain weight and then get fit with an overweight client. The trainer experiences what the client has go go through.

I really liked it. You might want to check it out. I watched it on my Ipad with the "Proton" browser by accessing the A&E Website. If you have A&E on your TV you might want to check it out. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch the next episode. Most websites want you to log in as a subscriber to a cable provider. Hopefully I don't get kicked off next time I try.

Munchey
Old 01-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Ooops! Up 2 lbs.

My excuses - 3 days in FL & 3 days in blizzard.

Lynn

Lynn I was on the edge of that blizzard. Going from FL to PA in the dead of winter would be a shock to anyone's system!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Jesslan, when DH and I retired, it was hard to adjust from getting a paycheck every week to getting our checks once a month. I can't imagine having to budget for a whole year! Since it's around time for the check to come, learn to play a little game with yourself. No matter how poor or rich you are, you don't need the candy or junk food. When you go shopping take a little calculator with you. Every time you are tempted to put something in your cart, put it back on the shelf and add the cost of it into the calculator. When you get up to the check-out, look at the calculator and see how much you saved by not buying the unwanted (unneeded) food. It's up to you what you do with it. You can set it aside each week and save for something special for yourself, or buy some healthy food item that you can't normally afford. Keep track of that amount all year and it will give you a good feeling knowing the benefit you got from not buying the junk. It will be hard at first. You will have to be strong, because the natural instinct will be there, but each time you do it you will get stronger!! I wish you luck with this!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote