Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 380/372/130

Height: 5'9

Thanks Munchey for helping out us new users! 380 is my starting weight, my goal is 360 for this month! 1/04: 378
Damandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #92  
Andando...

Thanks Munchey!!
DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Ouch just posted my measurements. I have a long way to go lol. But willing to work at it! Started the eating plan yesterday and starting the workouts today! Best of luck to all of us!!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
PM me for the link to the new spreadsheet. Bookmark it and use as normal.
OK - sent PM
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damandora View Post
Thanks Munchey for helping out us new users! 380 is my starting weight, my goal is 360 for this month! 1/04: 378
Damandora:
I entered your data on the spreadsheet. The goal weight for the spreadsheet needs to be for 3-7-16. I entered 360 for now. I see that you referenced that goal for the month of January. If you post what your goal is for 3-7-16, I'll update the entry for you.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #96  

Day 1 - Ex - 20 + 3 + 20
Day 2 - Ex - 20 + 4 + 20
Day 3 - No Ex - Cortisone Shot
Day 4 - Ex - 25 + 4 + 20 + time with trainer
Day 5 - Easy day - 20
Day 6 - No Ex
Day 7 - Ex - 25 + 10 + 20

Sw-155
1/11- 152
1/18-
1/25-
2/1 -
2/8-
2/15-
2/22-
2/29-
3/7-
3/14-
Gw-145

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-11-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #97  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, today's the day I start calorie counting! MFP says my goal should be 1350 calories so I'll just keep it as that for now and see how I do. So far I've had 354 calories for breakfast and just burned off 354 calories with a dance class so I get to play with 1350 for the rest of the day, woohoo!

Good thing really, since tonight I'm going to eat SUSHI!!! My favourite food! I could eat it every day. I'm going to do my best to track that on MFP, but it might get tricky. I think I'll guesstimate what a piece of nigiri is and then just count how much I eat.

Need to get back to work this week, the director of the project can only afford to pay me 20 hours per week for January so it makes it easier to know how much I can work. I also need to be ON IT with water, I just bought this water bottle, I can't wait for it to arrive! I think it will really help track my water intake during the day.

----------------

katiam - The screenshot is a good idea, I think I'll do that soon. That way people can see the weekly weigh ins. In regards to the in depth details, to be blunt I don't want to teach people how to use the forum! I believe there's a lot of information in the help forum to accommodate those who truly are new to message boards. I underestimated how much attention this challenge would get from newcomers, I'm so used to the "usuals" in my other challenges who just know what's up, but I'll take more steps to try and make the rule post for the challenge a bit more clear.

wannabehealthy - Yes, you are correct, as written in the rules in post number 1 . You should go with some of your friends again to NYC! Doesn't matter if your significant other doesn't care

Mom2 - It's just the beginning, I'm sure you'll shrink over the next 2 months!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #98  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Updated rules:

Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2016!

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2015 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2016? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2016 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

This is a spreadsheet challenge! You enter your weights week by week into the spreadsheet. Here's an example of the current spreadsheet so you can see the dates of each week:

Before Joining, PLEASE Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • PM me for the link to the challenge spreadsheet where all your weights are stored. You have to have at least 10 posts in the forum to sign up. If you're interested in the reason for this please click here (it's dumb)
  • If you are new to the forum and do not have the PM (Private message) feature yet, please announce in the thread you would like to join and post your information to the attention of munchey, who will enter your info on the spreadsheet on your behalf Click here for more details
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings, Chicks up for a Challenge or 100 lb. Club) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink!

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 4th 2016!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Day 1 - Ex - 20 + 3 + 20
Lynn, what does this mean?
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #100  

HEY EVERYONE!

Hope your week is off to a good start! It is my first major rainy day, so I'm using a new game plan to get in my mileage. I'm going to do some low-impact stepping in place on the whole body vibration machine that I have at home (stepping motions without lifting my feet), then I'm going to bring out some DVD's and do some dancing and then just do some freelance movements while watching some TV. If the rain lets up enough, I'll use the reflex boxer I have outside under an umbrella.

My aim is for 10,000 steps, but if I get in 3 miles, I'll be satisfied. The rain has been heavy and it is windy. The clouds are breaking up a bit now, I may get in some laps in my back yard and de-energize the dog and let her herd her basketball around. We both may be a muddy mess, lol.

I watched The Biggest Loser last night. There were two interesting quotes from this episode, "You can fail your way to success". The background to that statement was that we won't get where we want to go in a straight line. There will be failures on the road to success

The other one was something a contestant said, "you can't buy skinny". That was stated by a contestant when he was offered some money to quit the competition.

Just sharing some things to think about.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:35 PM   #101  

RIE:
You might consider adding some of your favorite foods to MyFitnessPal. It can be a pain to do, but once you have done it for some of your personal favorites that you can't find, it makes it a lot easier to use.

Like the water bottle. It looks like it might have an infusion option? Reminds me that I bought a pitcher with infusion capabilities. Something for me to venture into in the near future. Nice to have some options with water.

Munchey
Old 01-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #102  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Rie - I have been using forums for so long, I forget there are usually "Help" areas and I guess I just ignore them. lol I think your rules do sound more clear now, too.

munchey - how nice of you to help out with the challenge spreadsheet. We are lucky to have you among us. I love that little cartoon you posted. I think I may have done something similar on a treadmill years ago. lol
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Just waiting for my link so i can ammend my starting weight, i was happy i had maintained my loss over christmas but my ny weigh in was a different story haha oh well!
I like the enthusiasm we all have this is a massive group to start the new year right! Also love the ide of a list of why i hate being fat!

I have always been chunky even at my fittest and skinniest i weighed 12st 7lb! But i was megga happy with that, the reasons i am unhappy now:

i miss my last years clothes and smaller jeans!
post pregnancy belly is wobbly rather than my old slightly pudgy lump!
short sleeves show off my wings!
My knees hurt!
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #104  

HEY EVERYONE!
Hope everyone is doing well! We can do this, a day at a time. Sometimes, I have to stop myself if I look too far ahead and wonder how long I can keep up my current focus and pace. I appreciate everyone her as a buddy. Together, we are powerful!

I squeeked by and got in 10000 steps yesterday, but it was quite an effort with the rain. I had 3.5 sessions on the whole body vibration machine. I got in some walking in a muddy back yard late in the day, when there was a lull in the storm. Looks like it will be a rainy most of the week and I'll have to be flexible and creative to get in 10000 steps a day.
Munchey

Koshinogi:
I can't wait to fit into some comfortable jeans as well, it has been a long time for me. I hear you on the knee issue.

Last edited by munchey; 01-06-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Lynn, what does this mean?
Hi Carol Sue,

One of my goals is to increase my daily exercise. The first # is time on the reclining bike; the second # is time on the eliptical; the third # is time on the treadmill.

Lynn