Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #391  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Oh my gosh, I am kind of dazed because I can't believe how difficult it was to ride my bike to work this morning and I DID IT! !!!!! YAY!!! I am super proud of myself right now. Plus I'm getting all these awesome emails from my b/f saying how proud he is of me. I am the luckiest to have him!

YESTERDAY RECAP
CALORIC INTAKE:
Breakfast - 250 Calories (Bacon wrapped asparagus again, yum!)
Coffee - 150 Calories (Skinny Hazlenut Machiatto Tall)
Lunch - 350 Calories (Chicken, Refried Beans, Broccoli & Cauliflower)
Snack - 340 Calories (trailmix)
Dinner - 400 Calories (Ground Turkey, Black Beans, Sauteed peppers & Onions, Taco Seasoning, and Lettuce, and refried beans.)
TOTAL: 1490 Calories (WOOT WOOT! WITHIN RANGE AGAIN! )
EXERCISE:
35 Minute Ellpitical (460 Calories burned baby!! )
Ab workout

TODAY'S PLAN:
CALORIC INTAKE GOAL/PLAN -
Goal = 1500-1800 Calories
Breakfast: 390 Calories (Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich)
Snack: 100 Calories (Watermelon)
Coffee: 50 Calories
Lunch: 350 Calories (leftovers)
Snack: 200 (UNK)
Dinner: 490 Steak Dinner + 150 Side Salad

EXERCISE:
2 Hour Bike Ride to work, oh yeh baby! ~800 Calories, maybe more!

Last edited by 100Mother; 05-02-2013 at 12:29 PM.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #392  
Becoming A Better Me

Yea! Congrats 100-Know how ya feel and its awesome isnt it?!
Amandie- thanx, im just feeling really positive about things right now and felt i needed to show me lol!
Sinderelly- glad it was a good movie and you enjoyed the relaxation it does help.
Well my friend had her gb removed this morning and ive gotten her home and settled in, hard to believe thats done as out-patient surgery now wow! Got a good bit of walking in but to tired to do my actual walk or jog but i did at least get all my errands and such all done and should be able to just be home tomorrow and do for me. Oh, and went to goodwill and got the cutest areopostle fur boots for $5 they look like theyve never been worn! The dh will be so happy to see i got ANOTHER pair of shoes lol! Yall have a good night.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

So.. I just ran 2 1/12 miles and I feel INCREDIBLE! That is something I've NEVER done and figured I would never be able to do. I can't believe how far I've come!!!! Now if the weight would start coming offf!!!!!

TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!!*happy dance*
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #394  
Something has to work

Height: 5`7

Thumbs up

This thread is so AWESOME!!!

I love reading everyones stories of the day to day things that we all struggle and triumph!

I am feeling good this week...I have how ever picked up 3kg for my week of not caring anymore...BUT I do realize that I CANNOT give up!! I just cant!!

I know I am tired of feeling like this, I know I do NOT want to be the fat girl in the photos (at my friends wedding) I know that I want to look nice in awesome clothes. I know I want to have more energy ( this waking up tired does not work for me anymore)

SO...I have got 6 months to go till my friends wedding....I know I can make a significant difference in my weight in that time.... I just dont always have the will power/ Motivation to do so.....But...enough excuses now...I need to find my focus!!!
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

OK - I do have a situation today. On Sunday, when I was planning the week, I was not thinking I had any special occasions coming up. Ummm...my son's birthday!!! Honestly, I can't remember anything anymore

So - he has requested Shepherd's Pie and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. Does not go well with my low-carb (plenty of carbs!!) and eat only when hungry/don't overeat (but it is sooo tasty!!) plan!

Should I
  • eat a small, measured portion of his special dinner OR
  • make myself something else and don't eat with the family OR
  • eat whatever, after a careful breakfast and lunch and extra exercise today

I feel unprepared!!!!!
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #396  
Becoming A Better Me

Measure your portions carefully and enjoy the special meal with your son and maybe some extra walking the next day...
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #397  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
Im planning a more relaxed day today. By relaxed i mean doing things for myself. Good eating, exercising, soaking up some rays, giving myself a pedicure. Im going to paint the burn pit today too. My sons winning state and going to nationals was announced on the local radio this a.m. and my daughter got 2nd place in her track meet yesterday and beat her last meet time by 10 seconds! Im so proud of my kids!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #398  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Sparks, I agree with Joy. Eat a measured portion of the birthday meal and enjoy your son and family and the special day.

I joined Sparkpeople, again today. This fat I feel on my body is disgusting to me. This is something new. I always hated being big, but this feeling of disgust is something new. But I will use it for motivation.

I love this thread, Munchey, and will be checking in often.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace View Post
This thread is so AWESOME!!!

I love reading everyones stories of the day to day things that we all struggle and triumph!

I am feeling good this week...I have how ever picked up 3kg for my week of not caring anymore...BUT I do realize that I CANNOT give up!! I just cant!!

I know I am tired of feeling like this, I know I do NOT want to be the fat girl in the photos (at my friends wedding) I know that I want to look nice in awesome clothes. I know I want to have more energy ( this waking up tired does not work for me anymore)

SO...I have got 6 months to go till my friends wedding....I know I can make a significant difference in my weight in that time.... I just dont always have the will power/ Motivation to do so.....But...enough excuses now...I need to find my focus!!!

CANDACE:

You can do this! I know you can! Keep your eye on the prize!
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #400  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks17 View Post
OK - I do have a situation today. On Sunday, when I was planning the week, I was not thinking I had any special occasions coming up. Ummm...my son's birthday!!! Honestly, I can't remember anything anymore

So - he has requested Shepherd's Pie and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. Does not go well with my low-carb (plenty of carbs!!) and eat only when hungry/don't overeat (but it is sooo tasty!!) plan!

Should I
  • eat a small, measured portion of his special dinner OR
  • make myself something else and don't eat with the family OR
  • eat whatever, after a careful breakfast and lunch and extra exercise today

I feel unprepared!!!!!

SPARKS17:
Good list! Using both Items 1 & 3 sounds good. Also, you could try and reduce the calories in the dishes (i.e. reduced calorie cream cheese, etc.) to make everything healthier for the whole family.

Enjoy yourself! I think a combined approach can be good thing for the long run. I find that sometimes, I can restrict myself and not feel deprived. Other times, the best approach for me is to have a reasonable serving and savor it and eat it mindfully.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #401  

DANGEROUS:
Hope you enjoy the "me time", you deserve it. Congrats on the accomplishments of your daughter and son - you're a good mom!

SINDERELLY:
Good job on the running! The weight loss will follow!

100MOTHER:
Good job on the bike ride! Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper.

JEZ:
I know I'm happier with weighing once a week. You can change it. There can be some value added to weight frequently for a short period of time, to see how your body weight fluctuates during the week. Once you have the info., why frustrate yourself.

JAZZYPEGGY:
I can identify with your thoughts. I can't stand my body either. It can serve to give us more momentum to reach our goals. If we ignore it or disguise it, it won't go away. The thought that it can get worse can serve to scare us skinny, lol.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #402  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Woohoo! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Sinderelly YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay people, it is Friday, and I seriously feel awesome. I have tracked calories every day this week AND I have exercised every day! It is amazing the difference 5 days makes! And last nite, totally had a NSV over my dinner. We went to applebees, and I asked for veggies instead of potatos, and I did get desert (because I had the calories to spend), but I got it WITHOUT ice cream. The waiter looked at me like I was kind of weird, but whatever! So, I have some seriously strong momentum going into the weekend.

YESTERDAY RECAP
CALORIC INTAKE:
Goal = 1500-1800 Calories
Breakfast: 390 Calories (Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich)
Snack: 100 Calories (Watermelon)
Coffee: 50 Calories
Lunch: 250 Calories (leftovers)
Snack: 100 (Small piece of banana chocolate chip bread)
Dinner: 400 Steak Dinner + 150 Side Salad + 350 Desert
Total = 1790! Woot woot! Just under the mark
EXERCISE:
2 Hour Bike Ride

TODAY'S PLAN:
CALORIC INTAKE GOAL/PLAN -
Goal = 1300-1500 Calories
Breakfast: 150 Calories (Watermelon & 1/2 banana)
Coffee: 160 Calories
Lunch: 450 Calories (Salad & 3 stuffed Mushrooms)
Snack: 200 Calories (3 stuffed mushrooms)
Dinner: 500 Calories (Chicken Fajitas w/out tortillas)
EXERCISE:
15 minute weights, 2 minute stair stepper, 20 Minute Elliptical

WEEKEND PLAN:
Okay, feel like I need to put this out there. I am not going to necessarily plan what I'll be eating right now, but I do want to count my calories, and get in some exercise.
SATURDAY - CALORIC GOAL = 1400-1600 Calories
SATURDAY - EXERCISE GOAL = 60 Minute Elliptical
SUNDAY - CALORIC GOAL = 1600-1800 Calories
SUNDAY - EXERCISE GOAL = 2 Hours Hiking

In case I can't check in this weekend, stay strong everyone and I'll see you on Monday!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #403  

AN ASSIGNMENT, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT

POSTPONE IT!

This is a suggested assignment to try during the next week at least once. If you end up with a desire for a 2nd helping, an extra snack or something way off your food plan, try postponing it. Try waiting 20 minutes before indulging in that 2nd serving. If you have an urge for some snack that doesn't figure into your daily calories, postpone it and then do a reality check.

An example that I'd be apt to try: I have a 300 calorie bag of Popchips calling my name and it doesn't really fit into my plan. Once my brain tags onto the idea, I will make my best attempt to divert my attention to something else for 20 minutes. At the end of that time, I will hopefully have pushed the idea aside.

Share your experience!

Last edited by munchey; 05-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

I don't have time to post much but - I took the advice here, ate a small portion of dinner, added extra veg, and then had only one piece of cake.
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #405  
Something has to work

Height: 5`7

Munchey

Thank you for being so awesome!!! It is amazing to me that someone that does not know me and lives in another country is there for to support when needed...I love it!!

I hope eveyone is good this weekend.
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote